Elf Deck To Senjou Gurashi

Dex-chan lover
@melbisbelbis

It started out great, so people probably voted higher then it might now deserve.
That said, the worst-rated manga on Mangadex is still over 3, so anything above 5 isn't really that bad.

@Nick86

Yeah, i find the idea of an MtG isekai more interesting than another food isekai.
Also, it has some interesting implications regarding The MC and the MC of Mazumseshi Elf

The MC of Mazumseshi Elf is likely to be the friend who disappeared, but we know this takes place after Mazumseshi Elf because of the elder elf ( how long, we don´t know exactly )
But if they are then its clearly not a linear parallel timeline in this universe, as the MC of Mazumseshi Elf also disappeared first but arrived.
Then it's possible that the MC of Mazumseshi Elf is still alive or that elf deck´s MC could find his friends grave /descendants.
The downside to this is that we also know the elves get ruined by the humans sometimes in his lifetime

Contributor
Maybe was just a side story of the main manga, but oddly, i like this one more than Mazumseshi Elf. >_>

Dex-chan lover
This story started out great, but it made multiple 180 turns in the last few chapters leading up to a really bad ending that most likely got axed too soon for its own good.
It's still not horrible, all things considered, but it suffers alot from the disappointment of what it could have been.
I would still rate this a 5/10 for a decent/ok-ish 12 chapter time waster while you wait for your other better stories to update.
But while it does have some good qualities about it and can make for a somewhat enjoyable time reading.
Be prepared for a disappointing ending that was rushed to high heaven and beyond...

The story concept as a whole was great up until the rushed ending and had some interesting ideas.
Had it been given more time even the ending could have worked out great, the idea behind it wasn't bad but it was just too rushed to make anybody emotionally invested.
The MC suddenly turning into a DnD murder hobo out of nowhere, while not totally out of character was unnecessary and only served to make the ending worse but I blame that on the axe.
Other characters never got a lot of character development ( not even the MC did tbh )
But the little development that they did get made most of them both interesting and diverse, even if they came from the same "card" they were still different from the others.
The story does have a few nice references to Mazumeshi Elf to Yuboku Gurashi But only serves to make that story more interesting instead of this one.
The art itself is also pretty good especially if you like elves, and a Magic the gathering Isekai isn't something you are going to find without looking around for it.
Once again, it can make for an enjoyable read even if it's not a masterpiece, and it does have a unique charm to it being effectively an Isekai death game with Magic The Gathering.

Dex-chan lover
@djava it's on here https://lovehug.net/16/
for everyone wondering if there's more, there's the link on the raws.

Edit: Forget about it, it seems the translators merged all the pages in the chapters and made it look short. From the 31 Raw Chapters, they summarized it to 12 Chapters.

Im honestly surprised this manga even made it to chapter 12. It seems like the author didn't put much thought into this story at all and just thru all his ideas into the blender and this shit is the result. I didn't think that it was getting past chapter 5 that's honestly when the story just go's down the toilet. Thank god that it got axed now before it got anymore worse.

This is yugi-oh if it was written in 5 days the story is cool in principle but after the 3rd or so chapter it just feels like the author rushed everything to get it done with.

Supporter
Well, the others have said it already. This started decent and interesting enough, but then turned into Yu-Gi-Oh! asspulls with an abrupt ending. Pity.

Double-page supporter
Idea was GREAT, but the execution was HORRIBLE. It was running so smoothly, then it got derailed so bad that it became horribly inrecognizable.

Dex-chan lover
I'm sad that this got axed faster than the author's previous work.

Dex-chan lover
Good start.
Some inconsistencies in the middle.
Horribly rushed ending. (probably axed?)

In conclusion, an ok read, but with the bad aftertaste of it being a huge waste in the end.

You know what, I like that ending. It's literally just "and they lived happily ever after" but at least it's an ending as opposed to endless villain of the week shenanigans that isekais gravitate towards.

Users who are viewing this thread