For Certain Reasons, the Villainess Noble Lady Will Live Her Post-Engagement Annulment Life Freely - Vol. 1 Ch. 6

Nep

Dex-chan lover
Well that was fast.

Usually any secret takes till near the end of the story to explode

Dex-chan lover
Foolish Prince Dion. Idk why but it's a guilty pleasure for me when these princes realize how foolish they were in these stories

But it looks like the first prince is going to be a massive thorn in her side, for some reason I get some vibes, like from Common Sense of a Duke’s Daughter where the prince will either willingly or not fall into the hands of the enemy? I think civil war will occur even if she manages to annul the engagement.
Aside of the outcome there is no possible good outcome if the king places the first prince in the throne without making severe changes to the goverment, as we can see now even if the MC were to marry him and helped manage the kingdom it would be no surprise if he just lost his temper one day and made an attempt to kill her to get someone else by his side.

Dex-chan lover
when your father literally told that you are shit. OOF

soap? that's just scraping the surface of the problem. sanitation's absolute solution is always by installing a proper plumbing and it's waste management. put free public toilet together with a water source (well) near it at the slum and employ someone to maintain it. that can ensure a long term increase of public health.

Dex-chan lover
It's nice to see a king with a good head on his shoulders in stories like this.

Yeah, he outright declares Dion unfit to rule the country without support. Support which he insists on throwing away. All things considered, making the other prince the heir is probably the best option at this point.

I also appreciate how quickly we got this secret out in the open. Honestly, it's not the best reason to annul a marriage since they should be dealing with rebellious noble houses anyway, but the fact remains that the marriage wouldn't have worked out with the first prince's personality.

Dex-chan lover
I didn’t expect the truth to come out so soon! Very interesting development. 👀

Dex-chan lover
@Psychronia Giving the throne to the other prince which 2nd in line to the succession is a sure way to get a civil war though.
Dion would probably be easily used to entice the succession war.

handwashing is important people! It removes 90% of microorganism which stains your hand if done correctly!

Dex-chan lover
@Kyujyu - My thoughts exactly. @Psychronia likely hit on the solution the king wants to end at, but he does have to puzzle out how to reach it without sparking a civil war. who knows, now that Dion has been force-fed a dose of reality, he'll unass his head and learn to be fit to rule. Claude strikes me as more the wanting to rule from behind the scenes type in any case - the best solution would be for the brothers to forge a united front and trust each other's strengths to guide them out of situations as they arise.

@Dezaki that’s a really good solution, however, I doubt they have the funds for it...
Even if they do it, I highly doubt poverty stricken will conveniently use it, for starters, they’d be suspicious that the kingdom that did practically nothing for them is being so generous, even if they explain it to them, they’ed Still hesitate...
Also, the maintenance person could illegally charge people a convenience fee, which would inturn discourage them to use it... starting it small with hand washing is pretty practical...

@Dezaki That's some big project that will need a lot of budget and time. They're talking about a seasonal epidemic, so it's possible that one will happen in this short time. So a fast and more easy solution like hand washing is better for now.

Dex-chan lover
They are dealing with the most powerful of noble houses that are one step short of rebelling. There's nothing they can do to prevent it, other than handing the crown over to them. Really, the only way is to use the time they have left to strike first, thereby limiting the effects of the civil war. I mean, do anyone really believe such powerful and disloyal figures will just up and forget everything they have prepared just because their rival's house daughter marriage fell apart.

Dex-chan lover
Hopefully first prince will reassess his lot in life; there are definitely worse cases I’ve seen in these types of stories

Dex-chan lover
Hope the prince wises up, either that or he has his name changed like in Shield Hero.
I don't want to share a name with typical otome isekai idiot fiancee #85

Users who are viewing this thread