For Certain Reasons, the Villainess Noble Lady Will Live Her Post-Engagement Annulment Life Freely - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

esp

What was the endgame if she said yes? Wait for her to just stab him in his sleep?

Why is the maid in the group posing shot when she was also previously knocked out..

Dex-chan lover
Super capable knight, maid, and prince. I'm a bit surprised it took them three days, lol.
@Kazumaik
Because it has been several days, so she got better. She's also well trained and incredibly dangerous.

@esp
Funny you say that, considering many noble spouses had rooms on opposite ends of the home due to that exact fact.

Dex-chan lover
Why do the Japanese have this idea that medieval maids were trained as bodyguards?

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@esp Going by the standard. He keeps her prisoner first and then slowly drains away her life (via poisoning, make her commit suicide) or stage an accident after gaining power from marrying a goddess.

I have no idea how thats going to actually work though since the moment he marries her is also the moment he paints a nice big "Kick Me" sign on his back. Seriously. If he is brazen enough to kidnap her in her own home, why would his political rivals not be brazen enough to murder him in the name of rescuing the girl... then kill her anyway and said "Oops. We tried but failed. Boohoo" ?

@BanditHadron I think they do it simply because its cool and 'makes sense in context'. I mean if you are going to serve someone prone to getting assassinated, you are prone to dying as quickly as well. Best learn some self defense if it means that YOU get to live.

Dex-chan lover
@esp Presumably, he'd still have her imprisoned within the house while publicly lamenting an illness that kept her inside. Eventually, he would announce that the illness claimed her life.

esp

You would think he would need some public acknowledgement that the marriage was legitimate though. Otherwise why even get her permission? Just say she said yes and don't let anybody see her.

Fed-Kun's army
I wish these Otome isekai comic authors would just... stop with these dumbass plots where nothing makes sense but hey the hot dudes show up to save the main character so that's good enough, right? Why not actually have her navigate the politics of the area and - oh wait, I forgot, hot guys show up to save her.

Also lmao at that maid. Really? A maid with little kunais or knitting needles or some shit? Bruuuuuuuh.

Dex-chan lover
This...seems like a pretty damn brazen and poorly thought-out plan.

Even if she said yes...like, would he seriously be able to keep her out of public eye so she'd never get a chance to denounce him? He's literally after her for her prestige. If this is the case, why not just kill her and say she said yes while hiding the body?

Not to mention the fact that she's still officially engaged, so there's no way the royal family won't stick their nose in this. Also just generally putting a big ol' target on his back.

@Nep @mekrabbat That's assuming that he wouldn't benefit from her remaining alive indefinitely, and believing that as a woman, once she submits to him/loses her virginity and her power, she'd be unable to escape from his clutches [as was so often the case for women during various parts of recorded human history], thereby assuring him his power and prestige. That's likewise assuming that he didn't covet her as a trophy/object of romantic affections/lust.

Likewise, he's falsely assuming that she'll tell the truth and convince everyone that she wasn't kidnapped and asked for an out from him/asked for aid to get attention from Dion. Once she gets into the hands of her allies, with him in custody/surrounded, she can change her story to the truth. What's he going to do? "He threatened my life and I went along with his scheme until I was safe in the ranks of my family's forces/my allies, and then made sure the truth comes out such that he or his house might never repeat this."

Unfortunately, revealing that she was kidnapped by one of the Ducal houses' lords will weaken the Ducal Trio's power by at least, 1/3rd (stripping them of lands, wealth, and power) and likely further stress the interest that Dion (and his brother) has(have) in her. She'll have an even more difficult time getting the marriage annulled. The noble made a major blunder due to his unrepentent and unrestrained greed. The future looks to have numerous possibilities.

Dex-chan lover
Cut his balls! 🤣
That is the least this stupid noble deserves after this brazen and dumb plan of kidnapping and try to force Letizia to marry him.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@TheDragonLord Yea. Thats kind of what i said on my second 'paragraph'. If the same thing happens to me, i'd play along too. Then on the day of my marriage (which would definitely be public because nobles)

TABLE FLIPS!

Me: *sees Suzanne with the needles *

“Oh my gosh she’s so cool. Is she married?” 😂🤣

Cause I want to ship her with Krist. They would be a another power couple with the MC and Claude. When they get children, it will be the ultimate family. MC and Claude’s child will be such a smart kid while Suzanne and Krist child will be a very powerful kid. That will be totally awesome. 😆😎

Users who are viewing this thread