For Certain Reasons, the Villainess Noble Lady Will Live Her Post-Engagement Annulment Life Freely

The first two volumes I quite liked, but the third volume is terrible. It probably should have ended after the first two volumes.

@invertedhelix I agree. I honestly can't remember why she wanted to go to the countryside of another country(?) to treat diseases anymore. Or was it another country or the border? Idk why she doesn't just establish a general hospital or train apprentices if she's just trying to move up health developments. I don't even remember her reasons anymore and my slow ass internet makes searching for information really hard. QAQ

I don't understand why she chose to leave her country and the second prince is also important figure to the kingdom right? His bro is too honest to be king and still need his help..

lol I read all the way to chapter 26 using Anity and that chapter has to be one of the most satisfying chapters of all time

Dex-chan lover
Stupid and unrealistic? Tell that to all the women who were burned at the stake because someone in authority falsely accused them.

some random woman and her people come in and start treating the villagers so they’re like “oh yay, a healer!”
then a random merchant hires a healer who probably isn’t as effective and tells everyone the other healer is actually bad so they’re all like “oh, we believe you! obviously the other healer is a BAD witch despite the fact that she’s helped us and there’s no evidence of your lies!”

i mean yeah that would totally happen in real life because people are gullible, but in a story format it’s a lazy way to create some cheap drama for the protagonist. especially the way it was done here. it happened so suddenly and quickly it’s like the author is saying people reading this are as stupid as those villagers and will believe anything so they don’t have to put in effort. or the author actually thinks this is good writing. not sure which is worse. anyway, for those reasons i will also drop

@pyrolynx71
@Michael_Chandra
People overestimate how bad being accused was in the medieval era. The authorities at the time usually treated accusations as suspicious without evidence (and what was a far trial at the time) and those who falsely accused their neighbors were usually punished with stuff like fines. Also, even when someone was convicted, it wasn't automatically a death sentence. Plus lets not forget that this stuff usually only flared up when something major happened to cause people to freak out and look for a scapegoat. Its why one of the worst place for this was in Medieval Germany during the 30 years war. It should also be note that the Church was far far more interested in taking down heathens like Muslims and Jews as well as cleansing out people of other church denominations during this time.

Plus don't forget that some of the worst parts of it we hear about were most likely Old propaganda spread by enemy factions; like the English playing up how barbaric the Spanish were.

History Matters on youtube did a fun video on this subject actually.

@Seamew What do you mean unrealistic. Did you fail history class? Did you never attend school?

Sexism, racism, no human rights etc all happened throughout history. Do you think witch trials also never happened? The Witch trials in England were conducted from the 15th century until the 18th century. Not only that but there's also the Salem witch trials. These are real historical events. NOT UNREALISTIC. You say this is unrealistic, but what about people that were actually killed because they were falsely accused?

People are gullible and depending on the (history) time era, something like the witch trials can very much happen, and it already HAS happened.

To the one who said it was stupid and unrealistic did you not take high school English or did your school system fail you? Have you not heard of the Salem witch trail? If someone said you were a witch back then they would come hunt you without any proof.

just wondering how can a royal family and duke family didn't even help them. like, she saved people in the country, but because 3 dukes want to prepare a war, they announced her faked death and leave her alone in neighbor country without communication and living expenses as well?
the plot is so nonsense in this arc

@Aireael I, personally, was not talking about the witch hunts. I’m talking about how easily (some) people in real life are tricked and scammed because they don’t bother checking the facts and just believe what they hear, such as the hundreds if not thousands of people who fall for phishing scams, the people who share bullshit science on facebook and people who believe in hoaxes.

Additionally, the point of my comment was that in a story, making characters suddenly act stupid for the sake of plot is lazy, boring to read and insulting to readers.

TVTropes explains it quite well in their Idiot Ball and Idiot Plot pages. I suggest looking those up.

Dex-chan lover
"Oh no this situation is actually realistic, drop!"

Okay bye.

A belgian city apologised recently for a witchburning in 1590. There was no actual evidence there, just a claim from an unwell 14yo and some random vague accusations.

@ilikeyuri It's not the witch hunt that looked unrealistic, but how they seemingly spread the rumor in a span of a day(s?) and rushed off to people immedeately taking action with spikes and fire, all in just one chapter. So in my frustration I failed to specify what exactly I found unrealistic: the progression of things that seemed too quick both for the events happening and story-wise (but mostly story-wise), not the witchhunt itself. Who knew that would stir such a shitstorm.

It really felt to me like the author wants to make some cheap drama, but also to rush it and move on quickly. It was really the case of Idiot Plot for me, as mentioned by @pyrolynx71

@Seamew ppl get mad when someone has a different opinion ✌🏼 i personally avoid stupidity both irl and in the media i consume but i guess that’s controversial
i mean, sure, have fun reading this. i wasn’t expecting ppl to get mad that SOME are dropping a manga we’re all reading for free lol

“ just wondering how can a royal family and duke family didn't even help them. like, she saved people in the country, but because 3 dukes want to prepare a war, they announced her faked death and leave her alone in neighbor country without communication and living expenses as well?
the plot is so nonsense in this arc”

@menungguyixing ,
EXACTLY!

What is unrealistic is her former country not helping her! I mean she saved the country, can’t they provide at least like you know, living expenses? What is that logic?

The witch hunt is realistic though, I have no complains about that

Users who are viewing this thread