For Certain Reasons, the Villainess Noble Lady Will Live Her Post-Engagement Annulment Life Freely

Dex-chan lover
Just like every single villianess mamga ever, the 'sequel' arc quality drops off a cliff.

First arc is a solid 8.5 - 9 / 10,
But the second arc is cliche over cliche with plot unfolded in two chapters, it's like the author gave up and don't even try to write a story or develop the characters anymore and just go from a cliche to another...

@Lilyenne Ehhh, people are talking about how they should just bring the country she left into this but... She died and bringing the country she left into this would fully disclose her planned death. Telling the country that you just lied to them to prevent civil war is a state secret. They also didn't just leave her with nothing, she has supplies as mentioned since she used up her reserves of wine.
@ebenezer @1boring Also tbh I don't think this second arc is too bad.
You got a villainous heroine who is trying to set the stage for the sequel of the otome game, you got a fugly prince who is out for blood, you got a "witch" who can use modern medicinal practices, you got a rich old man who probably is the king or leader of the 7 merchants, and you got a cliff hanger. What is so bad about the second arc and explain to me how cliche this is when you don't see this sort of repetition (other than wanting to be a lazy former villainess (which also played the villainess on purpose, making this even less cliche)). @sedition Most of all, I'd like to know why you'd want the current situation not to be rushed. It makes sense that the women who wants to set the otome game setting will want it to happen ASAP.

Dex-chan lover
@PortalSage

It's totally cool to still enjoy it, I'll probably keep reading it. But it does not scratch the same itch that the first arc did.

>What is so bad about the second arc and explain to me how cliche this is when you don't see this sort of repetition

I don't think that the second arc is cliche or repeated. I never said that. You can have a completely original story that sucks ass.

I think that the pace is crunched, the drama seems forced/contrived, and several things broke my suspension of disbelief (the lack of support from original country, and the speed which the villagers turned from 'oh trusted nurse who healed billy back up' to a lynch mob, seriously it was like 24 hours, were the biggest offenders, but there were others).

It's fine to still enjoy it and think its good, but the writing and 'mouthfeel' of this second arc changed CONSIDERABLY compared to the first, and not for the better IMO.

" and the speed which the villagers turned from 'oh trusted nurse' to a lynch mob, seriously it was like 24 hours."

It was "like 24 hours" if you can't read. They explicitly state that rumours have been spreading, a new healer has travelled there, they received letters from the three villages, Letty then travels around the villages, Claude leaves for the city and returns, they say shit like " a while ago a merchant and healer came". It goes out of its way to show it occurred over a period of time. I'd also suggest she was never a "trusted nurse" she was simply a useful stranger, not particularly surprising as with hunts seem to be a thing in that country based on the current chapter.

Regarding your other complaints, to each their own, it doesnt seem any more contrived or rushed than the first arc and again the reason why the original country can't help her is more than explicitly clear, she's supposed to be fucking dead, even the court wizard didnt know about it.

I mean I think this is fine to pass the time, a 6/10 job, I'm not invested in defending it. But some of the complaints feel like people arent even reading it anymore.

@1boring I mentioned another user for the question about it being cliche, was just mentioning you because I was thinking you were talking about the plot and not the actual quality so mb

Dex-chan lover
after this sequel finishes, would there be a third installment? would she fake her death again and start all over in a new country?

@PortalSage
The main love interest that disappear without saying a word was too cliche for me. (Only explaination to that and the village rioters is that the antagonist has some mesmerising magic power or the author is disappointing)
The country that doesn't leave her with some spy, money or bodyguard (even hidden) she is an asset that be useful or a danger later on.

@PortalSage but in fine my problem isn't the plot, it could be introduced elegantly. My main problem is the pace, two chapters per subplot is overwhelming and rushing the story.

6 chapters left woop (currently chp 20). the story was meh but for a reader like me who isn't fixated on superb plot/ character development or world building it's an alright read to pass time.

This is terrible and so cliché but I don't know why I keep reading ~~ well it's really relaxing for the brain too.

Users who are viewing this thread