Futago no Ane ga Miko to shite Hikitorarete, Watashi wa Suterareta kedo Tabun Watashi ga Miko de aru. - Vol. 1 Ch. 1.1 - (Part one)

Dex-chan lover
The question is how'd the priests even decide to come to this supposedly remote village and specifically for this house?

I'm guessing that someone back at the great temple do have some way to find the miko, and dispatched the priests here.

Now the question is whether that miko detection is based on some kind of oracle from the God (i.e. one time issue) and thus the misunderstanding continues
Or will it be like another series
Where the priestess can 'see' the holy power, and thus can determine rather quickly who's the real one

Admittedly it was a secret of the priestess and she kept quiet about it until much later

Dex-chan lover
@WhimsiCat : I skimmed some of the web novel chapters, so read at your own risk.
oracle they had to initiate, the person who could hear the vice of the divine died like a year before the MC was born so it took them a while to recognize the signs that there was a Miko in their country (which star disappearing almost immediately from what I can tell)
they double down on the wrong impression for to long. Punishing anyone who realizes the sister might not be a miko, including a lower priest who received another oracle, or draws her ire (they banish her tutor from the capital in ch 11, for basically trying to get her to study). It is only when her mother falls sick, which should not happen to a mikos parents, that they start to act. Discretely because thy are idiots.

Group Leader
Fingers crossed that the parents get mauled and eaten by bears, wolves, or some monster, and the pampered twin sister becomes a pauper.

Double-page supporter
kinda a dark premise, but my god this is so fucking cute

Dex-chan lover
@Harry_Dong :
the mother has a serious (potentially fatal) illness that was being suppressed as a side effect of the mikos blessing (it seems to offer protection and support to those close to the MC). Abandoning the MC causes that protection to fade and she falls ill again. Did not skim far enough in the raw to see what the father gets for divine punishment.

Dex-chan lover
Some parents are parents, and some parents are abject failures as human beings.

Fed-Kun's army
@Fuko Griffin have both feathers and fur since they have the body of a lion and the head of an eagle. Well not that we can verify anyway as it do not realy exist so I guess the author can do whatever he want with it ?

Dex-chan lover
Wow, screw those "parents." They don't even deserve that word.

Dex-chan lover
This is just forced. No good reason is given for the poor treatment she is receiving. One child being prettier is just not a good reason.

Dex-chan lover
@Kireato: I agree.

The church isn't to blame so far. They didn't know her parents are stupid fuckups. And I do hope they fucked up as badly as CBS did with STD.

NOOO PLEASE DON'T KILL MISS GRYPHON ;w;
i sense that the miss gryphon will die.. pls no

they're so adorable

Dex-chan lover
lil girl, i prefer your hair style more than your sister and so you're 100% better than her!

esp

What's the logic for the parents getting rid of the other kid? I imagine their food bill just went down.. Were they leaving with their daughter and didn't want her to come with?

I would think children are the closest thing peasants had to a retirement plan back then.

Double-page supporter
Wow, those are some shitty parents. I hope this comes back to bite them in the future. Maybe the church accidentally picked the wrong sister and her parents will have a major "oh shit we fucked up" moment.

Fed-Kun's army
But if she's a twin isn't she also beautiful and special? That seems like they just flipped a coin. "Okay, the one on the right is the one we abuse."

"We could just NOT abuse one of the kids."

"Hey now, that's crazy talk."

Supporter
@Kireato agreed. I got 3-4 pages into this, signed and sent to see if anyone else felt hoe ham-handed this was.
@Rupopo how else are they going to write a rip-off Cinderella story with 3 sentences of back story.

Users who are viewing this thread