Gal to Iinchou ga Guuzen Saikai suru Hanashi - Ch. 10

Group Leader
ok whatever if y'all what to miuse french words, do as you want, you can't force french people to do the same anyway
You probably shouldn't read Japanese manga considering how Japanese butchers almost every loan word ever (there's even something called wasei-eigo which is literally made up shit from loan words)

Dex-chan lover
As a communist myself, I feel the need to say that, while I'm aware Kurosaki probably isn't, her use of the term bourgeoisie is erroneous here. In fact, Prez would fit perfectly into the role of a member of the so-called bullshitariat (a term coined by David Graeber, not Marx), people working jobs that provide little to no productive output (thus bullshit jobs, where the class gets their name from), like office workers doing endless administrative work. But this is minor distinction of how she stands within the proletariat. Quick explanation of what exactly the Marxist definitions of bourgeoisie and proletariat are below.

Bourgeoisie: Class of people who control the means of production. The owners. To eliminate some nuance for a quick explanation, it's the employers and people who rent out buildings they don't need.

Proletariat: Class of people that must sell their labor power to make a living. Includes a wide array of jobs, from clerks to construction workers. Generally the ones paying rent and being employed.

Also if that's not enough communism for you, here's some communist yuri:
https://mangadex.org/title/56add873...23dc1/kutsuzure-sensen-majo-vasenka-no-sensou

Dex-chan lover
You probably shouldn't read Japanese manga considering how Japanese butchers almost every loan word ever (there's even something called wasei-eigo which is literally made up shit from loan words)
i'm fine when it's "innocent", it pisses me off when it's for political propaganda, regardless which sides

Dex-chan lover
Personal advice: If you have a character speaking softly or mumbling, try to replicate the spacing presented instead of writing "mumble," because sometimes even that can be deciphered.

Like in this case, where it’s pretty clear that she says "__ 委員長 さよーならー" as in, "__, Good bye, Class President" (With this "Good Bye" being one you say to someone you don't think you'll see again), with the first blank space being something like "jaa" or "saa," as in "Well then," "Now," or something similar (なら... instead of ならー would work too), just by noticing the spacing. (and with, of course, her expression and overall tone of the scene)

9GO47Bb.png
So you are telling me that it was a sad thing she said…

Dex-chan lover
Please start inserting marxist propaganda into my lesbian cartoons
OUR lesbian cartoons, comrade.
do you guys think marx would be happy or upset to be brought up in this sort of context
Of the two contexts, LGBT rights and Commodified fiction product, he'd be slightly bigoted against the first, and dismissively permissive of the latter.

Dex-chan lover
POV: You were expecting marxist propaganda but got hit with french nationalism instead
here's a quote for you: Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

Dex-chan lover
here's a quote for you: Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.
Doubling down really doesnt make it sound any better lol. Take it easy and lighten up a little

Dex-chan lover
I like seeing two cute and chesty women with great fashion sense hangout together. It's so soothing.

Thank you for the translation.

Dex-chan lover
its not a theme park chapter if a random kid doesnt get lost midway thru

Dex-chan lover
Regarding "bourgeoisie", I've actually heard this term in English dubs of anime more than once. I believe it's used in Ghost in the Shell: SAC during one of those highly detailed discussions of political theory that they love to delve into.

I'm not sure the entire nuance of the term is kept, though. It could just be used as a synonym for "nobility" (in contrast to the royalty and the peasants).

Users who are viewing this thread