Gaming rants/news (Mega Thread?)

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Thanks for explaining, very useful!

Dex-chan lover
@Richman
its fucking dogshit dude, Iegit offended by what they did in RE3make.
RE1 and RE2 is such a good remake because its not a simple graphic enchanter but it improves the game experience as a whole.
RE1 basically revitalize the whole game, so many new content, area, lore, puzzle are added and it basically a different game, its the perfect example of how good a 'Remake' can be.

RE2 despite the inital controversy of changing the camera still retain the survival of the OG and it also still have the claustrophobic vibe the OG game had, the pacing also still similiar and those over the shadow on top of the darkness of the game make the game more scary than before. Like the feeling of people who scared at the OG back in the days translate well to RE2 imo. I gotta say though, they do cut some stuff and the whole 'different scenario' dynamic that the OG have isnt as good at RE2 and thats why my order to play is to play the OG first before the remake.

RE7 also still have the same vibe with the classic survival the OG had despite it being first person, its a good RE game.

RE3 on the other hand, is dogshit.
Seriously, it turns the game to be even more of a hollywood boom and explosion action movies, now the OG is more action packed compared the other two but it still focus on the survival root of the franchise but the remake, just no.
Some of the really cool thing about the OG is that, there's multiple 'path' you can take, if your order of getting key item (which is in different area) are different than your previous playthrough, the game will actually gave you different cutscenes and it does give you multiple choices throughout the game that give you a slight difference, RE on the other hand completely shit on that, it gave the most linier plot progression, it sting so bad.
Another offensive thing it did is that it fucking delete some of the area and a whole fucking ass of important area and completely removing one of the most iconic cutscenes.
The fight with Nemesis is some dogshit hollywood action movies, theres a time when Nemesis transform into some shitty hollywood big monster dog and jumping and running around through the walls/houses and I'm fucking livid watching that 'fight' and they have the audacity to do that section fucking twice.
The whole 'Nemesis is lurking around and will chase you through the entire game' is laughable compared to the OG.
Oh yea they reduce the enemy variation as well.
Oh yea, the classic and iconic Resident Evil puzzle is nonexistent.

Theres gotta be more stuff I can say about it but that should be enough.
Buy it if it no more than 20 bucks or even lower or just like, torrent it lmao.
https://youtu.be/Z_7kL0oA_Ww

Staff
Super Moderator
@MawMaw
So basically, RE3 Remake is a dumbed down and simplified version that looks pretty, I get it now, thanks

Double-page supporter
You know pvz2? That’s horrible horrible Pvz sequel made my EA that had more content and micro transactions taken out in the China release? Well they clearly never play tested it’s as moon flowers break the game and make every other sun producer horrible and make already decent and cheap plants powerful cheep and quick to charge broken.

Staff
Super Moderator
I managed to destroy three enemy tanks with my Panzer IV G and it felt awesome, of course, I got cocky and got into a position where I was easily killed by the enemy.

Staff
Super Moderator
Why do almost all allied early war tanks only have solid shot?! That shit sucks!

Dex-chan lover
I love it when some fucking smucks start getting cocky in a 4v2 busting out their little emotes and shit but the moment it turns into a fair fight and they start getting their asses handed to them they leave like the bitches that they are.

Mobile killed gaming (and more).

Log in for a reward. Do these daily tasks for a reward. Battle pass that runs 365 days a year. Finish the limited-time event before the next one that will start directly after this one ends. Microtransactions everywhere.

Where did everything go so wrong?

Dex-chan lover
@firelight We've also got some of the greatest gaming experiences in history right now as well. So I don't really think mobile killed gaming.

Dex-chan lover
Old games are still gold,
Golden age of PC games,
So many great gems.

The greatest? Sure since most of the old games still exist, but it seems like the big name companies are just putting out trash now.

Grand Theft Auto got worse. Kingdom Hearts got worse. Final Fantasy got worse. Mass Effect got worse. Pokemon got worse. Sonic got worse. Club Penguin killed just so Disney can make a worse one with microtransactions. New games being so bad that companies have to port their older ones to new consoles. And on and on.
MMOs full of microtransactions and anti-consumer mobile tactics. Console games going to $70. Lies are pretty much accepted and a normal thing now. No Man's Sky, Cyberpunk, "No Denuvo, we promise :)", In-game footage... oops we lied.
Soulless mobile games that try and take every penny they can from players, compared to flash games, most of which didn't have any microtransactions or ads and were made before all the research on how to make games addicting (in the wrong way, like the stuff I mentioned in my previous post).

Dex-chan lover
@firelight
Sure, the industry has developed some awful practices, most (or all) of which the buyers pretty much enable unfortunately. But this is ignoring all the legitimately great titles released in the past decade or so.

Game devs have increasing ability to make more detailed, technical, and polished games as time goes on. Objective improvements do exist, and the day when games stop improving is the day when the industry is effectively devoid of passion.

@bigtiddyoneesan
Games aren’t designed for player retention anymore, mobile is but that’s a different kind of player retention.

Games are now designed to only make money and virtue signal, not to be played and enjoyed.

But people do enjoy them.
Let me dredge up CyberChunk.
That was a game anyone with a brain would’ve realized was going to flop.

The only people who actually enjoyed pre-release wise were the redditsoys who were excited about customizing their cocks.

Why was it going to flop?
Marketing was allowed to speak.
Rule 1 of selling a product during development: put a muzzle on marketing.

Now that everyone can play it, it’s mainly garbage.

But let’s move onto another problem in gaming:
Everything is being dumbed down heavily, with “think of the kids” being cited constantly.

I beat BattleToads when I was a kid, I’m sure the Participation Generation can handle a challenge or two.

I’ll paraphrase @firelight
Pokemon is 3D now, but at what cost?

@firelight
Gaming going “mainstream,” being noticed by corporate investors, killed gaming.

It’s all soulless, muh /v/ memes, shit.

You can make big boy bucks if you:

Make constant rehashes, make endless remasters, make infinite ports, put micro transactions everywhere, have day 1 dlc become standard, design games for streaming, have esports require flashy plays that are unbalanced, engage in social pandering that no one other than Twitter asked for, bash your base for woke points, sellout to China and embrace double standards.

Gaming is now a bigger industry than Hollywood, Chinawood, and Bollywood combined.

My honest opinion: F2P games killed gaming.

Gaming died in 2010. What you now participate in is playing games for games sake.

Secondhand nostalgia, kind of like what keeps Pokemon afloat.

Dex-chan lover
@wowfucktron
Yeah, most AAA, mainstream games are either formulaic, overhyped (from unkept promises), unfinished (if you can even call the 'finished' games finished lmao), or a combination of the three.

But since anyone with a PC can make a game now, it's not like the big boys have total control, since games don't need muh graphics to be legendary. Pokemon Clover was a community-made mod and it almost doubled X and Y's sales.

The difficulty curve has gone down, but challenging games, and challenge runs, are popular as hecking heck.

But regardless, every single negative point is irrelevant when you account for the fact that Zelda's ass in leggings is clearly visible in BotW in full 1080p.

@bigtiddyoneesan
Indie gaming isn’t that much better.

It’s like a hipster art district but some people delude themselves into believing it’s enjoyable beyond sifting through endless shit for an ever increasingly rare gem.

But regardless, every single negative point is irrelevant when you account for the fact that Zelda's ass in leggings is clearly visible in BotW in full 1080p.
I never would’ve thought I’d see the day when Nintendo became the Cool Uncle and Sony became the “Woke Rush Limbaugh obsessed-like Uncle.”

But yes, zeldass is K I N O.

The fact that /vp/ made a better game than GameFreak ever could is just sad and weird.

The franchise died after Black 2 White 2, the fan base broke Masuda and now he’s punishing us.

Dex-chan lover
Pretending great games don't come out or that gaming is dead is peak GamerTM

Older generations of games had plenty of garbage. Very little's changed.

Edit: also some of these complaints are rich coming from a self described whale in a chinese gacha game.

Games had replay value. Nowadays they’re just consumerist nonsense without much thought put into design other than “alright what are we missing from our trendy checklist?”

You can’t criticize things anymore without being called a GamerTM.
e9e.jpeg

edit: I’m aware.

Users who are viewing this thread