Gaming rants/news (Mega Thread?)

Double-page supporter
it really just makes me sad how easy EA just can get away with shit.
The positive praise and sales of the Dead Space remake just tells them that developers dont matter, and whoever they make the game is fine, because sheep will just consume it. This is what happened with SH.

It's just heart breaking because Dead Space was a baby for Visceral Games, and EA forced so much shit and too high goals for Dead Space 3, then basically fired everyone after it failed (because it was their fault)
What's SH?

Aggregator gang
I honestly think that any game developer taking EA as its publisher has to sacrifice a family member to Satan - their game then gets a gajillion dollars in development costs but in exchange it loses it soul and becomes a soulless husk of itself doomed to die unloved and forgotten - Bioware made the excellent Baldur's Gate games, signed and then cranked out the Mass Effect games which got progressively worse - Maxis made loads of good ol Sims games, signed to make SimCity 3000 and then cranked out the Sims Games which are just the most evilest of DLC ridden evil Ive seen in gaming. Bullfrog ditto- Syndicate, Dungeon Keeper, Magic Carpet etc, then it got signed and made load of sequels none of which were any good - hell they even made a mobile port of Dungeon Keeper - and Im fairly sure that its round this time that EA subbourned Peter Molyneux's soul to Satan leading him to become the world champion bulls**t artist that he now is.

Basically - my general rule of thumb is that if EA gets its mitts into a game then it's generally going to be a highly polished to a diamond sheen turd of game.

I also have a theory that whenever the phrase "EA SPORTS - Its in the game" is made by a console whoever's listening has a tiny part of his/her immortal soul siphoned off to some Dark Portal at EA Headquarters that sucks all those soul fragments to Hell and once a year farts out an NFL, NHL and a PGL game each year.

Dex-chan lover
The overworld in old JRPGs. You know the ones that were miniature planets. They made games better. Zero nostalgia involved.

Games felt bigger and more epic back then. You were on a journey so immense you traveled around the entire world. How awesome is that? Yeah, technical limitations or something was the reason for it's existence, no one cares. Bring it back.

Dex-chan lover
It sucks knowing that Halo will never be good again because 343i/Microsoft are incompetent and no one will ever replicate the Halo 1~3 formula for a shooter ever. :notlikethis: #rip Team Beyond

Dex-chan lover
Holy crap, I installed a mod collection for skyrim so I don't have to torture myself with setting up mods but there are still errors that LOOT on Vortex won't fix or ignores. Another hour or two gone ffs

Dex-chan lover
:fml: Waiting for the free gaming PC from epic games that can finally run the AAA games that they gave me for free.

Dex-chan lover
Been playing diablo 4 did not enjoy how long it took me to get my mount and don't get me started on the connectivity issues shit sucked.

Dex-chan lover
How is it toxic to play the game as it was intended i'll never know some people just make up their arbitrary rules and expect others to follow smh

Dex-chan lover
Surprised how much I ended up liking The Longing. It's just a waiting "game", but it has lots of charm.

Dex-chan lover
Played like half of the Trepang2 demo last week, liked it a lot except for a few issues. Homeworld 3 next year could be interesting, I am looking forward to Manor lords, Falling Frontier also looks interesting. The Against the Storm demo was quite nice but I am afraid of grind and rng (kek, I played or used to play ages ago Rogue Likes and D2/PoE so what am I even complaining about).

Bought Fall of the Samurai in the summer(?) sale on steam, kinda meh. Bought Everspace 2 after release once it was -10% off on GoG, was very mediocre, also needs more item modifiers, more variety of random encounters, map/zone bosses kinda lack hp and babbys first puzzles aren't my thing at all (just busywork, I consider them, sorry about that, to be shit), and so on and so on. Will probably get more content and get better, but right now feels very mediocre.

Best game I played the last 3 years was 9/10 and 11/10 with mods: Star Sector, probably followed by Kingdom Come Deliverance which has bugs, more or less bad AI, bugs, unfinished stuff like lacking interactions with pole arms etc. I also very much enjoyed, 7+/10, rebel galaxy (enjoyed it a lot despite my "low" rating of 7+/10), which sadly lacks content imo and some console/casual adjacent related design decisions are debatable but the game was still a blast, that one also has a few bugs.

E: @ HW3: Gearbox will f*** it up, but I or we will see.

Dex-chan lover
Does Remnant 2 have melee weapons like the first game? And can you equip skills to melee weapons?

Users who are viewing this thread