GATE - Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri - Ch. 96

Fed-Kun's army
All of you people bashing on Furuta for being "stupid"...he's not. He's taking a calculated risk to subvert enemy assets.

He knows that Tyuule is second only to Zorzal in political influence, and has his ear. He also knows that despite this, she has no allies - only enemies and tools. For all of her strength and position, she is brittle: unhappy, alone, and vulnerable to friendly / romantic overtures.

Whether or not he actually cares about Tyuule is unknown. But she is sufficiently invested in him that trying to "cut her in on the take" (to use mafia parlance) is a gamble, not stupidity.

The entire back-and-forth in this chapter is Furuta playing Tyuule hard, gauging whether or not it's the right time to make the offer.

Double-page supporter
Definitely a risky move but the payoff would be huge. That being said, I don't think it will work. Tyuule is the actual antagonist boss. If she's out of the way, the only thing left is how to deal with the gate once and for all.

Dex-chan lover
"paint mazic nam" ? what is this nonsense name ?

and a japanese mangaka is making a manga about the war between vietnam and usa ? i dont know if this japanese mangaka is a vietnam-lover or a usa-hater . and during vietnam war 's period , that kind of gothic outfit didnt exist in vietnam . please do more researchs , mangaka . lol .

- a little girl is fukking us up . send a b52 immediately .
- yo , are you stupid or something ? it will take hours for a b52 to get there . and who would use an airplane bomber to kill a single girl ?

---------------------------------------

the writer is an ex-jsdf soldier , so when writing this novel , he self-inserted into all the jsdf soldiers : they have bland , ugly faces , and bland personalities , and are womanizers . the plot is so bad :

- soldier A has a harem with 4 girls .
- soldier B has a cat-girl girl-friend ( i cant even remember the names of the soldiers )
- soldier C has a knight-girl girl-friend .
- soldier D has a bunny-girl girl-friend . the bunny-girl who is an assassin .
- and now soldier E / cook / spy has a bunny-girl girl-friend . the bunny-girl who was the queen of the bunny-girls .

Fed-Kun's army
@alannondarklord That's not an in-setting reason that influences any of the characters; that's you meta-gaming, assuming the author won't do it because of the complications it could introduce into the story.

And there are plenty of villains who can step up. Zorzal and the second prince are the most prominent, especially if the second prince succeeds in making an alliance with one of the other nations beyond the gate.

@daywithoutgames What the hell are you smoking? Not a single thing you wrote has any relation to what the author is writing.

The vietcong thing is weird, but I give it a pass because a noticeable part of the story up to this point has been the Empire using the nastiest kinds of guerilla warfare against them. It's not overly stretching the bounds of credibility that Japanese soldiers (whose nation has fought the Vietnamese within living memory) would draw comparisons and equivalencies between the Empire and Vietnam.

"Send a B52 or anything you can!" If you're going to quote, quote the whole thing. It is stupidly obvious he's not actually asking for a B52 specifically - he's asking for the strongest fire support they can possibly offer, and his adrenalined mind supplies the first example he can think of.

Itami - doesn't have a 4-girl harem; he's not had sex with any of them and has repeatedly demonstrated he's not going to try. Having multiple women interested in you doesn't a harem make. And if you struggle with that concept, get outside and see the real world more. Now, if you were going to argue that this state of affairs is implausible, I could agree with that. But you have to actually make that argument first.

Kurata - Why is this problematic? It's not overly fleshed out, but it's explicitly mentioned early in the series that Persia likes him because he neither fears nor (excessively) lusts after her, and that Kurata has a monstergirl fetish. Are you really having that hard a time understanding the idea of romance coming out of that?

Akira - Again, why is this problematic? Two soldiers who are exotic in each other's eyes and both of similar rank developing a romance is pretty damn simple and easy as relationships go.

Yanagida - This one is more problematic than the others, but still not unfeasible. It's pretty clearly demonstrated that warfare and strength gets bunny girls hot and bothered - which is consistent with the women of several real-world cultures. It's entirely likely that she would approach him after they've recovered, seeing as he was the one who took her down.

Furuta - I've already discussed that below.

Dex-chan lover
page 22 :
- prince : is our information leaking out ? is there a spy among us ? yo , bunny girl , you are the only beast-human around here . are you a spy ?
- no , im not .
- ok , you are a good $ex slave , so i believe you . yo cook , you are the only japanese around here . are you a spy ?
- no , im not .
- ok , you are a good cook , so i believe you .
- this prince and his minions are so fukking stupid .

i guess the cook spy is on a suicide mission : he is in a castle , is surrounded by a lot of japanese-haters , and everyone knows that he is a japanese , and his life is depended on the mood of the prince : " japanese soldiers are killing a lot of the empire 's soldiers . well , now i will take it out on the nearest japanese . torture this cook and then execute him ."

and i guess the cook spy only has a cell-phone to pass informations to the jsdf , and only has some small guns , and has no back-ups from other jsdf soldiers . there is no way he can run away from this castle on foot , so this is a suicide mission .

I totally forgot what happened. Someone, ANYONE, PLEASE. Refresh my memory por favor

Double-page supporter
@ninjadork At the end of the day, it's still fiction and the author is going to write whatever he thinks is best for his story. Which means coming up with a climactic conclusion.
Zorzal is not a credible threat; he's only ever been shown as a convenient foil for others, like his father or Tyuule. The 2nd prince could show back up with Earth backing but that would change the flavor of the story from adventures beyond the gate to likely something more like the Cold War between Russia and USA. And that doesn't feel like the kind of story the author is trying to write.

Contributor
It's retarded, but fun in it's own way.

The romance line of this insane blood-thirsty bitch is a bit too much, though.

Just got to the end and read the last line. Just dropped my phone and said “why did you say that?” Idiots dead now isn’t he

@daywithoutgames sorry But youre a fucking retard.... How could the author be a usa hater... When most of the military equipament in the manga was made in usa...

The fact that it's last page, last panel shows that there's more going on here and/or he will have a follow-up. I highly doubt next chapter will be "just a spy, no big deal. pinky promise, kthxbye."

Dex-chan lover
@Temeraire : sorry , but im not the idiot here , in this comment section . and FYI , im not a communist , im not a chinese . i HATE china , just like everyone else in the world , lol .

the author is obviously an usa-hater :

- usa dropped 2 atomic bombs on japan , and then japan became a colony of usa .

- around chapter 21 , when the isekai 's girls visit japan : https://mangadex.org/chapter/34732/1

usa : yo japan , we also want a piece of the isekai .
japan : fukk off , usa .

then the japanese soldiers effordlessly kill the usa soldiers as if they are only weak trashes .

then the evil , bad usa president blackmails the innocent , good japan minister .

- then in chapter 24 : https://mangadex.org/chapter/34748/1 , a japanese soldier says this on live television : the fukking evil usa soldiers are trying to kill us .

50207055423_5b343f726e_z.jpg

@daywithoutgames your clearly a retard. Youre just a burger fate shit eater. Clearly german hate british for bombing dresden out the map.. You have the brain of a monkey if that ever cross your mind...

If the the author was such a usa hater. He shouldnt be using F1 of F2 insta of phantoms. Ninjas insta of hueys of ah1s.. etc.. a burger you like fail to see that this manga is how Japan could handle a situacion like the present in the manga.

Most of the time comunist retard would think like you do. Or the way you thing the author do. Want an example look at china and the rape of nanking.

Users who are viewing this thread