Golden Kamuy - Vol. 23 Ch. 223 - Nikaidou Cheers Up

Double-page supporter
Ahahaha those men being superstitious like that is funny af

Thank you for the chapter and the notes as always EverydayHeroes

Dex-chan lover
At this point... does Nikaidou can even be qualified as a crackhead? The guy was already completely out of his mind much before the drugs, i almost think they make him more coherent.

Fed-Kun's army
Man, Ogata is such a creepy bastard, doesn't even crack a smile at jokes. It's not fair for Noda to keep making him act like a cat, it's ruining my resolve to dislike him.

Fed-Kun's army
Nikaidou on drugs just did the "thing" with a chop stick on page 3.
The same "thing" that Bishop from the movie Alien did.

Ogata without his dominant right eye missed a shot and had to go for an easier target instead.

@Goldenweek
I can think of two reasons: 1. It's ~1906, I don't think they're very aware that they're misgendering Ienaga. 2. Ienaga herself hasn't said anything about them calling her "he". From what the story has told us so far, she was just an old man who wanted to look beautiful so he transplanted body parts and ate others. Whether that means Ienaga identifies as a woman or not is confusing; for example, she wanted Ushiyama's muscles at one point in the story.

I still use "she" cause people'd be upset and there's a high likelihood that she's trans. Though in this case, where it's kinda unsure, I should probably use "they" right?

Users who are viewing this thread