Golden Kamuy - Vol. 26 Ch. 256 - Tokushirou's Number One

A Ogata se le cayo el ojo y oops!!! hahhahahahahahahahahahahah me duele la panza de eso.

Dex-chan lover
Usami got a better death than he deserved imo, but I expected him to be a pain for far longer in this series so I can't really complain.

Dex-chan lover
With Usami dying in Tsurumi's arms, bleeding from the heart/chest, I figured there was a strong chance that there was going to be some pose in this farce of a manga. But I did not expect Michelangelo's Pietà, and my neighbors probably heard my loud laughter. That page was, excuse the pun and the cursing, bloody/'sblood brilliant.

@ehscans If we want to take it further with Usami as Jesus, then it could be said that Tsurumi celebrates the Eucharist (rite where a consecrated wafer/"bread" and wine, a.k.a. the Blessed Sacrament, that represent the body and blood of Christ, respectively, is consumed), but in this case Tsurumi literally consumes Usuami's body and blood by eating his pinky finger.

I was somewhat put off by Tsurumi sucking on Usami's finger with such love, but then he yanked that finger off and I was like "theeeeere you go, that's the Tsurumi I know"
Thank you so much for updating!!

RIP you glorious sperm detective, devoted scary psycho until the very last breath!

nice to have Tsurumi back!

Ogata aimbot, please nerf!

also tattooed nutjob is about to do something that sticks it up everybody's bum!

There has been some debate in japan about this chapter.
Its mainly about whether if Tsurumi actually cared about Usami and he actually thinks of him as his "No.1 friend" or its just one of his sweet lies and Usami is just a cheap piece.
There were also people voicing that even though it is just "sweet lies", the way Tsurumi went through with it it to the end, still shows his love and respect towards Usami.

I personally can see why people think its a lie but why i think thats not just the case is how Tsurumi bites off Usamis pinky at the end. No one knows except us but there was another incident when Tsurumi took another person's pinky. (btw wada was his pointer finger) It is when his wife died. This act has to mean something special to Tsurumi. His way of mourning the people important to him.
Some people also noticed how Usami tried to inform Tsurumi as a soldier calling him "Lt Tsurumi". But Tsurumi stopped and called him "Tokishge". The conversation at the end was not between "Lt Tsurumi" and "Superior Officer Usami" but it was between "Tokushirou-san" and "Tokishige-kun".

Tsurumi also speaking in Niigata dialect is just 👌
HIm havin mutiple scenes refrencing Virgin Mary is pretty interesting as well.
Although he might just act cold next ch (if thats the case this is embarassing...ill delete this XD)
sorry this is long

Dex-chan lover
finally this psycho ass bitch goes down, he's really dangerous.
nice last word too

asdfghjkl i knew it was coming but usamiiiiiiiiiiiii ;A; Up till the bitter end, he's still talking about cum, huh.

Ogata's eye popping out tho, that scared the shit out of me lol. But damn, that preciseness though, going over 2 windows for the kill and avoiding Sugimoto. No matter how nasty he is as a person, I really love how amazing this damn sniper is.

@madamegouze
Oh ok. I hope you found it interesting!
Maybe because Golden Kamuy has a relatively older fanbase (based on a survey), but a lot of the conversations and thoughts surrounding this chapter and this manga are very interesting. (I atleast find them to be!)

Dex-chan lover
I was just trawling through old chapters, and I saw that the line at the top of the first page "As a sniper, I'm the one who decides if my prey lives or dies" is a reference to an earlier chapter with Vasily. https://mangadex.org/chapter/375241/13

Group Leader
@spurgleburgle

Good things to point out! I went ahead and added the "As a sniper..." and "Your death has completed me..." callback lines to the glossary and re-uploaded the chapter. Thanks for mentioning them! ...Though now I'm reminiscing about the golden days when this was just a nice short glossary and I'm getting tears all over my nice keyboard

Users who are viewing this thread