Golden Kamuy - Vol. 26 Ch. 256 - Tokushirou's Number One

Double-page supporter
This chapter proves to me that
[ul]* Ogata will never get what he wants no matter how much he would chase something so whatever he wants rather it's gold or the person he wants to kill. It's because he's not capable of reading other people so not only will that prove to be his downfall but he would fail to convince anyone beyond his 'act' that people are not so simple or petty as he thinks which will be highlighted later on.[/ul]
[ul]* Tsurumi is human after all[/ul]

Dex-chan lover
Well Ogata, or that is the most unnecessary long acting that extends even after the guy's death or you are sorely wrong... mind a guess?

Dex-chan lover
Oh damn Usami's dead as HELL, it's interesting to see how Tsurumi chose to act in front of Usami on his deathbed... I'm still not sure if that's his legitimate feelings acting out in that scene or not. I'm also wondering what the panels focusing on Sugimoto mean for Ogata's feelings towards him... Did he just consider Usami a better target for his growth, or does something about Sugimoto make him hesitate?

Also this might just be me but I feel like Ogata's fake eye is ever so slightly different from his real eye... Like his iris is just a bit rounder than normal.

Dex-chan lover
Let it be known that on this day, Constable Cumshot blew his last load.
My brother made me post this and I half regret ever hearing him say that name.

Dex-chan lover
I love how we are so used to everyone in the story being a freak that a dying dude jizzing in his pants while having his finger eaten can be played completely straight.

Dex-chan lover
@BasilD I'm pretty sure the primary purpose of the sugimoto panels was just to show that Ogata managed a beautiful shot that threaded the needle through two windows and past Sugimoto.

There could be more subtext there tho, I'm just not sure if this comment thread is appreciating what a cool snipe that was

not sure how to feel, usami was a freak, but they all kinda are.
i wonder if tsurumi will be genuinely pissed or if he won't care after all, but I feel like he wasn't acting considering that he will probably keep usami's finger bones just like how he kept the finger bones of his deceased wife and child (unless he really just ate and swallowed usami's finger which seems to be the case).

@xyzzy We're still in Meiji Era(Taisho came after Meiji era). Meiji era they had artificial eyes but may not match. Noda said in interview he sometimes moves away from reality a little to make entertainment. Even the stenka he said was not historically right. Ogata's eyes are identical because they can be. But not seriously, Ogata's eyes are the easiest to make: all anyone needed to do was paint a black dot on a white fake eye.

Like him or hate him... but damn one of the main set of secondary characters are dead been how long since that happened. And what a snipe... but a fake eye? how long has he had that cause i don't remember at all.

Double-page supporter
F in the comments for Usami.

Though, coz of him Ogata has evolved. Man Sugimoto and the others will definitely have a hard time

Thanks for the update ehscans!

Aggregator gang
I have to admit that I really admire Ogata's drive to try and prove everyone is trash like him, and how he can't stand "pure people" as a result. The shot scene was insane, but so was most of this arc.

Tsurumi is defintely another can of worms though, he is not exactly sane, so reading him is super hard. The scene with him holding Usami was pretty interesting though. We know he is supposedly doing this out of his ?? Sense of righteousness?? He wants his division to get what they deserve. So is not wild to think he isn't entirely heartless. But who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread