Hanazono-sanchi no Futago-chan - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - A Gal and an Idol

Contributor
This is a weird feeling.

I think I might actually like the gal slightly more than the idol. Both are childhood friends, too. One of them HAS to win. There will be more girls, but they've already lost. Both girls here are actually likable, and it is obvious that they both still like their childhood friend romantically, even if it involves some reconnecting.

For once, I like both main girls. I'm conflicted on which ship to join. I want to be on the idol's side, but the gyaru has numerous advantages, from being the one to actually date the MC to her rival being a fucking idol to even the plot of the story itself. This is totally a Nisekoi situation, and the MC's crush on the idol only hurts the idol because that could easily be established as superficial and he could form a more genuine connection with the gyaru as they spend more time with each other. Time that the idol: A) won't have very much of, and B) has to spend with him while disguised as another person, constantly reminding him that there will always be a barrier between them that society has made. Hell, even the profile picture of the author's Twitter account is of the gyaru. It's almost certain that she's totally gonna win and for once, I may not even be mad about it.As long as she doesn't become a tsundere or some shit.

That being said, it's very easy for me to jump on the idol ship, just as long as she manages to navigate all of these obstacles. It's a real underdog story in the making. If she comes out on top, I'll be real happy (though I'll also feel sad for the gyaru).

But for now, the rest of the school can fuck right off of this childhood friend romance.

This manga had a good first chapter, IMO. An idol and a gyaru are two archetypes you don't see too much of in standard romcoms (at least, not till recently) Though, this only makes me want to also read some good romance manga with idols. Since, ya know, I alrady have gyarus covered.

Dex-chan lover
Fucking simp gettin' all that twincest action...

Followed.

Fed-Kun's army
The author set up the harem ending from page 1, so I don't see any reason to jump on either ship.

Dex-chan lover
This is either going to be really good or will descend in quality really quickly, but I like it so far.

Personally Yuriko's more my type but I think harem ending would be the best given how the story is set up. I still wish MC was more honest that he liked Yuriko though

nisekoi + goutobun all over again. might not bbe half bad if done right though, the girls are cute to begin with :D

Dex-chan lover
...ok imma bet like 100 bucks that when they were kids he said something about idols and thats why shes aiming so hard to be number 1, in order to confess!

fucking take a screenshot and mark my words! i can feel it in my bones

Dex-chan lover
She could've just used a different disguise, no need to look exactly like her sister. But then this manga wouldn't exist ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

shit will happen.
if the mc shit then it is shit. if mc good , this will be a good read yeah. but im 90% sure we ll have a shit mc.

Hopefully FUCKING HOPEFULLY the MC ain`t so shit I mean I`m fine with a dense MC years of manga has trained me to tolerate that fucking shit. but I just hope he isn`t to much of a generic dense shithead.

Dex-chan lover
Positive: both girls are cute and likeable.
Negative: the setup of the story implies that we won't have real development until the very end.
My current ship: harem ending

Shit head MC! Sorry but I'm out. The childhood friend, the gal, the idol, the dense MC. Nah this manga is definitely trash

Dex-chan lover
I'd pick the gal, but idol might be much better, but they both look beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread