Happy Anniversary Mega Announcement Post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Power Uploader
Happy Birthday MangaDex!
I still remember Batoto announced they will shut down permanently, and i cant say enough thank for everyone who working for this site. You guys are awesome!

Long lasting MangaDex!

Happy anniversary!

Thanks to the MD team for this fantastic website, and also thanks to all the scans that contribute to the site!

Let's hope for many more years of MangaDex!

I never realised that I joined a website so young.

Congratulations on the existence of this great website.

First of all, thank you Mangadex staff for all your hard work and making this site a place where manga is easily accessible and user friendly!

Here's to going strong for many, many more years to come!

Secondly, I am very honored that, despite the talent displayed in all the other entries, you selected my design. For this, I wish to express my most humble and sincere thank you to all of you.

Overall, congratulations for making this one of the best sites to read manga, and happy 1 year anniversary!

Group Leader
THIKK but so good to read this.
I'm glad to have seen MD rise from the ashes and I'm about just as glad to have been able to take part in its life since then, I'm not around the forums but the Discord has really been making my days for a whole year now.
I remember when I discovered AniDex so many years ago, such a long time ago that when I saw MD I was certain I had seen this already but didn't remember either the name "AniDex" (at least until I found it again and then remembered it) nor my old account (I still wish I'll someday find this account just to know how long it's been now).
It's been a very enjoyable ride so far, the staff is absolutely golden, the community throws enough memes / minute to topple discussions and topics from one thing to another without any kind of transition, making for weird follow-ups everytime so I guess the future is bright enough !
I absolutely love from the depth of my soul, the soul of MD. I can't wait to see MangaDex v4 to throw a French interface at the face of my glorious citizens, we are so glorious about our other languages skills that you guys even have an "Excuse/Pardon my French" around. I mean I always get that "ugh, c'est en Anglais", finally I'll be able to covert Baguette-land to our relig... I mean, to our community !

Thanks for the memes.

Fed-Kun's army
Manga reader since before Batoto - I was extremely sad to see it go. Thankfully MangaDex has now more than replaced it. You fellows are doing an amazing work here, do keep it up!

(And make sure that the merchandise us available internationally, and isn't some US exclusive thing.)

Group Leader
Happy first anniversary and cheers to many more!!! ?
Thanks to the whole team and all the contributors for all of their work over the last year!

Happy Birthday, Mangadex!

I was very devastated when Batoto announced its shutdown. I scoured the Batoto forums for any potential backup servers that I could read on, and I encountered MangaDex. I suspected it was carried by the same dudes who made AniDex (because of the name similarities). I've been using aniDex to get some uploads I've been looking (started using it when nyaa.se went down), and seeing as I suspect to be as consistent as this site, I started using it. From there, I enjoyed reading at MangaDex to the point that I even promote it to my friends.

Here's to another good year!

Double-page supporter
Oh boy, we've come a long way, I still remember when Batoto's death sentence was announced, I was shocked and literally couldn't believe it, r/manga was hell on earth, everybody was super stressed and looking for an alternative until Mangadex popped up, but even when it was born the influx of users made it difficult to use, but you could already see that it would have a brilliant future, the growing pains were disappearing and scanlation groups and users got more comfortable with the site, but you didn't just give us a reader and forgot about it but also worked to make it better, which I greatly appreciate.
Watching this community grow from the ashes of what was once the only reader that respected scanlators (not the greatest mind you because it sucked as a reader too, it gave you high-quality images but did not pre-load images or any other QoL improvements they could have made) was something great to see, it reminded me of the rise on the Novelupdates community that managed to unite a once scattered fanbase, but I digress.
I have high hopes for the future and I wish you a lot more years to come Mangadex, If I was to give my selfish wish is that this site could become more open for other languages, because I've seen the fall of the anime and manga communities and the dark ages that have followed in the Spanish community, that now must rely on awful aggregators and scattered scanlator sites to read and watch manga and anime, I wish that this site could become another meeting point as it has done for the English community, if you need help translating the site or communicating with Spanish translators, don't doubt to contact me, I believe this is the least I could try to give to what this amazing community has given us.
Anyways.
¡Feliz Cumpleaños Mangadex!

Fed-Kun's army
It's not that I like you and wish you well, ba-ba-BAKA!
On a serious note. You are awesome and do a great job with managing this site. Even mods are more active than batoto's in its later period. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread