Harapeko Oyako to Motokare Yanushi - Ch. 2

Double-page supporter
I don't think it is sensible to compare the situation in this manga to real life, as most people here on both sides of the argument seem to do. I understand that it hits close to home for some people, but the author clearly meant it to be fiction. There are simply too many things that can't possibly happen irl (in case anybody forgot):
  • The woman and her daughter's hair color.
  • The woman's ditziness has been brought up before, and people mentioned ADHD and lobotomy. I have ADHD myself, and such a level of ditziness irl can not solely be explained that way. Unlike most people I actually did meet people with this level of ditziness, during my stay in a psychiatric ward. They aren't allowed to leave the grounds there without supervision, they aren't allowed to cross a street without supervision, they aren't allowed near sharp objects, and they would not be allowed to raise children, because they could drop a baby on the floor etc. They suffer from acute bipolar disorder or schizophrenia, amongst other things. I know people in Japan are more reluctant to publicly acknowledge psychic disorders in their family and often try to hide them, but some conditions are difficult to hide, especially if they're hereditary as BD and schizophrenia are.
  • The first couple lines of dialogue have also been brought up and called unrealistic (imho because that's what they're supposed to be); the man doesn't ask the woman whether her daughter is the only family member she's living with, why she came to him instead of anybody else (somebody at her age should still have living parents), he isn't concerned about her, but he also shows no signs of being concerned for her, he doesn't ask what she did all those years, he goes in 2 minutes from "You're the most annoying person I've met in my life" to "OK, you can do whatever you want", without even dropping his annoyed attitude until near the end. It's not a realistic conversation imho because it's clearly not meant to be. The question for me rather is whether it's funny or not (I don't think so but feel free to disagree).
Bottom line, this is supposed to be fiction that is supposed to be funny, partially because of how absurd the situation is (again, YMMV on how well this works). I think irl references and comparisons are pointless, because this isn't supposed to be remotely realistic.

Anyway, came back to briefly correct my post earlier. I wrote that this manga has gender stereotypes, and I want to change that. I think I have read multiple stories (forgot where) now that actually poke fun at these gender stereotypes from a Japanese perspective. I have thought whether I could imagine this story with the characters' genders reversed, and I actually legit can (but the plot wouldn't be better that way imho, "I can get away with almost anything because of my cute appearance, and my ditziness will cause other people to be protective of me" is something I do not enjoy in any context and when applied to members of either gender).

"I know you are but what am I."

Absolute child. Definitely a tater tot.
Name calling is the literal first thing children do to insult each other. Just saying.

I'll just leave this here:
I knew this comment section would be infested with fuckless incels

Literally no real world experience to be found here
ーーー
I don't think it is sensible to compare the situation in this manga to real life, as most people here on both sides of the argument seem to do. I understand that it hits close to home for some people, but the author clearly meant it to be fiction.
My guy, we use real-world logic until the author fills in the massive, gaping blanks with his in-universe logic.

Dex-chan lover
TBF, there are only two short chapters posted. That would be less than 10 even 5 minutes read in an actual manga booklet, literal sneak peak at the story. The story where only a few hours passed and is getting late, so discussion like that can wait a bit or after the kid goes to sleep. Also many, many other well-liked and praised works took far more to estabilish the plot or provide background. We just don't have enough to go on. That's the downside of reading or posting manga online I guess.
No this has nothing to do with posting/reading manga online. Currently most media is offered/consumed online. It all comes to bad writing in this case. Imagine reading anything without introduction and context. Of course people will go an speculate about a lot of things.

Some will try to explain it from an altruistic perspective, some will be more pragmatic.

It wouldn't be a problem if we as the readers would have a sort of exposition to what lead this woman to go impose on this man after abandoning him for 17 years. She doesn't necessarily needs to explain to him but at the very least we could sympathize or not with her/her situation.

TL;DR
You have a point with the short read, but this is a problem with the lack of information. Also this has nothing to do with manga being distributed online.

Banned
I am sorry your life is so jaded and cynical you have to assume cruelty and poisoned apples are all you get when you reach out a hand to people and have only have the sourest of closures to relationships because you cannot pick good people to be a part of it nor continue to, like adults, break it off amicably.

I think this manga, generally speaking, is supposed to be at least in this instance be a moment where the "Best of a bad thing" occurs as this clearly isn't some psychological think piece on isolationism and absurdism to the extent of where altruistic tendencies meets idiocy. But you can't get past fiction and are stuck spewing vile insults at people because your worldview cant cope with a fictional work....How sad is that?

You are like those people on twitter and tumblr unable to cope with existing characters having different skin, beliefs, or bodyshapes and start attacking people because "ITS NOT REALISTIC".
To them and to you I say...

Don't care + didn't ask + ratio + you fell off + cope + seethe + mald + dilate + L + hoes mad + W + cry about it + stay mad + touch grass + pound sand + skill issue + quote tweet + get real + no bitches? + banned + cancelled + suspended + terminated + deleted + kys + you're* + not funny didn't laugh + radio + the audacity + go outside + cringe + get clapped + triggered + ggez + cap + whipped and nae nae'd + i own u + fatherless + motherless + brotherless + motherless + familyless + what the dog doin + reported + blame will deez + it wasn't me + unfunny + rejected + invalid opinion + clout seeker + get rekt + who asked + dead channel + the hood watches ishowspeed now + caught in 4k + ligma + retweet + benched + wrenched + boomer + did your mom + clown + basic + get good + ad hominem + typo + repelled + ur pp smol + drink bleach + redpilled + unsubbed + wait i never was subbed in the first place + lol + simp + sussy baka + straight cash + free + freer than a private dark auction + dogwater + ricewater + catwater + potatowater + onionwater + zero earned + zero pr + zero awareness + zero braincells + you're lost + more lost than a blind kid in a mcdonalds playplace + added to my cringe comp + nft owner + sex offender + sex defender + mad cuz bad + karen + log off + go commit die + braindead + sub bot + failed school + get a life (that doesn't suck) + blocked + pedo + zoo + you are going to brazil + can't touch this + retarded + splish splash your opinion is trash + opinion rejected + genshin player + league of legends player + counter ratio in advance + get sticked bug LOL + talk nonsense + trump supporter + your’re a full time discord mod + grammar issue + nerd + clapped + + lorem ipsum dolor sit amet + bleach + lol + done for + don't give a damn + get a job + sus + baka + sussy baka + get blocked + mad free + freer than air + furry + rip bozo + you're a (insert stereotype) + reported + ask candice + ez clap + straight cash again + idgaf + ratio again + stay angry + read FAQ + you're lost + you “re” + stay pressed + reverse double take back + pedophile + cancelled again + your dad + slight_smile + aired + cringe again + Super Idol的笑容 + yb better + i won
LMFAO I'm glad that it only took me fewer words to elicit your deranged diatribe even going as far as googling your favorite generic copypasta. Reddit gotta reddit, amirite?
I knew this comment section would be infested with fuckless incels

Literally no real world experience to be found here
"I know you are but what am I"

Nice tone policing. Again, you are a fuckless incel.
Are you retarded? Calling someone out for "tone policing" when you were doing the same a few moments ago. Fucking retard! Do you have the short-term memory retention of an infant?

You're the kind that feeds the Tiktok algorithm LMFAO

Dex-chan lover
You have a weird idea of what constitutes a "bad person".
You do realize she's not forcing him against his will. He actually has the right to say no.

She's just asking an old friend.

Let me ask you this. Why is it wrong to ask a person for food??? Why is it wrong to ask a person for a place to stay???

Like, if she forced him against his will or something, then I'd agree (except if this was a gag manga... gag manga gets a pass for that kinda sh*t).

She's allowed to ask. She hasn't actually done anything to him.... and they obviously have no negative feelings towards each other...

She's obviously more of an idiot than a bad person.....

You do realize she's not forcing him against his will. He actually has the right to say no.

She's just asking an old friend.
Women don't do direct aggression. You're entirely blind to the fact that this entire situation was manufactured by her. She knows he won't say know if she shows up at his door, everything in tow, and bats her eyes at him. She's not "Asking an old friend", she's pressuring the boyfriend she ghosted. "Asking an old friend" is calling him on the phone apologetically.
Let me ask you this. Why is it wrong to ask a person for food??? Why is it wrong to ask a person for a place to stay???
I sense you either know exactly what she's doing and want to pretend you don't, or you don't at all, and aren't about to sit down for my Ted Talk on female social games.
She's allowed to ask. She hasn't actually done anything to him.... and they obviously have no negative feelings towards each other...
Them:
"Heeey stud."
"What the fuck are you doing on my property and why the fuck shouldn't I call the cops? I'm not going to let you rob me after 17 years of no contact"

You: "sHe'S aLlOwEd tO aSk. sHe hAsN't aCtUaLlY dOnE aNyThInG tO hIm.... aNd tHeY oBvIoUsLy hAvE nO nEgAtIvE fEeLiNgS tOwArDs eAcH oThEr..."

She's obviously more of an idiot than a bad person.....
Stupid people are a far greater problem than evil people.

Dex-chan lover
Women don't do direct aggression. You're entirely blind to the fact that this entire situation was manufactured by her. She knows he won't say know if she shows up at his door, everything in tow, and bats her eyes at him. She's not "Asking an old friend", she's pressuring the boyfriend she ghosted. "Asking an old friend" is calling him on the phone apologetically.

I sense you either know exactly what she's doing and want to pretend you don't, or you don't at all, and aren't about to sit down for my Ted Talk on female social games.
In this case, it doesn't seem to be a social game. She just needed a place to stay and knew he lived there so gave it a shot... it's not as complicated as you are making it out to be.
Them:
"Heeey stud."
"What the fuck are you doing on my property and why the fuck shouldn't I call the cops? I'm not going to let you rob me after 17 years of no contact"
Obviously, he wasn't that serious when he said that. He didn't actually care that much. You are probably just taking it more negatively than it's meant to be. That's just you being negative.

In fact, it's probably your own negativity and bias getting in your way...

You: "sHe'S aLlOwEd tO aSk. sHe hAsN't aCtUaLlY dOnE aNyThInG tO hIm.... aNd tHeY oBvIoUsLy hAvE nO nEgAtIvE fEeLiNgS tOwArDs eAcH oThEr..."
You realize making fun of my statement doesn't magically give you validity, right??? Like, they still don't have negative feelings towards each other.

And mocking that statement probably shows even more that you are adding personal negativity in how you view the situation.

Stupid people are a far greater problem than evil people.
Okay..... that can't be denied.....

But in this case, there is literally no harm or a problem.

And for the dude, it's just nice to have a friend in his life after being alone for a while... and she's not trying to take a huge cost from him or anything...

If this is a romance manga with the woman and man refalling in love while taking care of the daughter, wouldn't it make much greater sense to handle all the mysteries upfront in the first chapters and then the rest is healing via meals and family time?

Dex-chan lover
If this is a romance manga with the woman and man refalling in love while taking care of the daughter, wouldn't it make much greater sense to handle all the mysteries upfront in the first chapters and then the rest is healing via meals and family time?
The mystery keeps people interested.
It's sort of how like people lose interest in series when the MCs become a couple in most manga.
Also my impression is that this is mostly a fluffy cooking manga. I doubt there's going to be a lot of drama, it's mostly feelgood.

Fed-Kun's army
she could be his daughter or not, but the author decides to keep it a secret to manifests NTR lover or curiosity from even cuck hater. And it always works

In this case, it doesn't seem to be a social game. She just needed a place to stay and knew he lived there so gave it a shot... it's not as complicated as you are making it out to be.
Step 1 of Female Social Games: Don't make it obvious you're playing a social game. This is why women will drop "hints" by asking questions when they actually want something... instead of just saying they want something. This is why they all pretend that there's no such thing as an ugly woman, and that all women are 10's... despite being extremely clear that Gorloc The Destroyer is an objectively repulsive monster. And the thing is, it works on us men until we start wising up. The real message lies below the inoffensive facade.

The chapter itself plainly acknowledges that she came there prepared to stay without even knowing if he'd agree: She didn't come to ask, she came to pressure.

Obviously, he wasn't that serious when he said that. He didn't actually care that much. You are probably just taking it more negatively than it's meant to be. That's just you being negative.
You're missing the point. This isn't a joke. He did, in fact, care quite a bit. This isn't a sign of "No negative feelings". It was an idle threat, but it was a threat nonetheless.
You realize making fun of my statement doesn't magically give you validity, right??? Like, they still don't have negative feelings towards each other.
Honestly, I can see it now. I often accuse the people I'm ok with of trying to rob me, and threaten to call the police on them.

But in this case, there is literally no harm or a problem.
Except, you know, the fact that she's pressured him into letting her and her daughter mooch.

Dex-chan lover
Step 1 of Female Social Games: Don't make it obvious you're playing a social game. This is why women will drop "hints" by asking questions when they actually want something... instead of just saying they want something. This is why they all pretend that there's no such thing as an ugly woman, and that all women are 10's... despite being extremely clear that Gorloc The Destroyer is an objectively repulsive monster. And the thing is, it works on us men until we start wising up. The real message lies below the inoffensive facade.

The chapter itself plainly acknowledges that she came there prepared to stay without even knowing if he'd agree: She didn't come to ask, she came to pressure.

You're missing the point. This isn't a joke. He did, in fact, care quite a bit. This isn't a sign of "No negative feelings". It was an idle threat, but it was a threat nonetheless.

Honestly, I can see it now. I often accuse the people I'm ok with of trying to rob me, and threaten to call the police on them.

Except, you know, the fact that she's pressured him into letting her and her daughter mooch.
Big fucking yikes.

You are definitely a chair sniffing tater tot.

Dex-chan lover
I was about to come here to be like 'Hmm are we SURE the last time they saw each other was 17 years ago?', but then I read the replies and question my own life.

Users who are viewing this thread