Hazure Waku no Joutai Ijou Skill de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin Suru made

MD@Home
hmm, it's kinda okay, nothing special for isekai genre, pretty common story. I guess what make it enjoyable is the mc is not cowardly passive naive simp (well yeah, in the beginning he is), or over edgy a-hole.

@muser well, all you have to do is wait another 5 years(maybe more) till that part of the manga gets drawn(?... maybe written.... how about dritten....) and u can find out.... not too bad right? (well, that is not taking into account the length of time it will take whoever is translating it then to translate it(hopefully mangadex will still be around in 5 years and not everything becomes officially translated))

Fed-Kun's army
big fan of the vengeance against god storyline and I enjoy seeing mc grow up

He's lv 1800+ and a random thug and some wood elf girl almost kills him... yeah no.... dropped.
And the author uses names from world of warcraft and the walking dead? These japs have no imagination what so ever......

Double-page supporter
About the levels...
MC's power up each level up is lower than other heroes'
So although he is much more higher in level, he is still approximately as strong as the S-ranked heroes' stats
(only his magic stat is more than any other hero)
(his abnormal status-something skills are hacks as well)
It seems like the MC's power up each level is fixed however, while other heroes' power up may change at times, more or less
This is all still rough game system from the author so forget about the proper accuracy...
:)

@konzolmester naming convention you mentioned is just translators most of the time, other times the authors use them because they know western people seek escapism so its easy to relate.
@ levels and so on, exxp gave a good answer

can anyone please recommend me something like this (i.e. 'weak' and abandoned isekai guy goes off and is strong on his own) thats actually finished (or has a lot of chapters)?

i so hope that they didnt foreshadow the goddess's endgame in this chapter....
because summoning heroes and training them inorder for them to aquire strong golden auras and lots of exp so that the goddess can harvest the exp and "eat" the heroes seems very contrived...

as for my reasoning humans dont gain exp from other humans. golden eyed monsters have a lot of strength and exp

strong human heroes posses a similar golden aura or atleast the potential...

so what if the same rules apply to monsters? especially the golden eyed ones. again what if golden eyed monsters can gain exp from other monsters but only from humans....? which would explain their aggression.

and the actual hypothesis what if the goddess is just like her evil counter part not considered human but belongs to the monster category?
edit: btw i ment chapter 11

Fed-Kun's army
Among all those students, only 3 have figured out the goddess isn't to be trusted.....

edit: keep forgetting this site the comments are all in one rather than chapter by chapter....that's bit o' spoiler there.

this manga, the story about the MC's friends way more interesting than the story about the MC himself which only paralyze, poison, sleep and etc. ( it's so fucking boring, especially when you read the WN )

Double-page supporter
Among all those students, only 3 have figured out the goddess isn't to be trusted.....
@SingLove

Actually...
There is a 4th, nasty girl Asagi, that B-ranked hero and leader of one of the groups of heroes, the one with mostly girls if not all...
I realized that she is interesting late too...

That coward but kind mob girl surely doesn't trust goddess but yeah I doubt that one thinks very thoroughly of goddess' betrayal later on if they finish killing demon king

More like, only 3 among those are trying to get outta the goddess' control, excluding the naive martial artist bishoujo-chan

Can anyone explain to me if the mcs level is just for show? I mean this nigga is over lvl 1000 and yet has never showed any sort of op strength speed, etc. Understandable that his skill alone is enough to carry him, but the srank guy is able to do that shit and hes only lvl 24.

@FRASH_18 I don't think that the level is just for show but is actually a copy-paste from typical Japanese RPGs like the Dragon Quest franchise.

So far I've only seen very few RPGs that actually have a mechanic where the status values influence other things than battle mechanics.
Normally stats are treated the same as equipment, meaning they allow you to deal more damage(STR/DEX/Crit/POW) and receive less damage in return(VIT/RES/CON/DEF/AGI), as well as increase the times you can use magic(SP) and take damage(HP).

Yes, there are some WNs/LNs where stats directly influence your jumping power, carry weight, running speed, nimbleness or brain functions,including memory capacity,, but this one just seems to copy the basic Japanese RPG where stats only really matter in encounters with monsters, not in daily life.

To be honest, the whole level mechanic is good for games but cruel for a story, because it serves little to no purpose in these power fantasies where the MC becomes a demigod after defeating a single big monster.

And even if these stats showed any influence, would you really be able to use the new power directly,without special training? I doubt that. A trained individual will usually have an advantage over the non-trained, even if the non-trained individual has the better base values.

This is what makes the premise of this story much better than e.g. the Arifureta series, where the main character just gets everything from his enemies and then kills everything with his battle maneuvers, instead of having to work with his initial skills and physical capabilities.
Here, even though the main characters stats are high, he still has the weakness that his skills cannot cover for every situation he might find himself in throughout the story, and as long as Deus EX Machina(aka author/editor) does not come along with new skills to solve new problems, there would even be the possibility to build a plot simply by not allowing the character to progress because he isn't capable of doing anything in that situation.

Retreat, tactics&strategy, twisting a plot by artificial road blocks that cannot be removed by the character himself or his companions, all these things can enrich a story with more depth and background info/world building without becoming stupid or iterative in the form of a never-ending helix of problem->solution->problem->solution and so on...

Users who are viewing this thread