Hibiki - Shousetsuka ni Naru Houhou

Contributor
Goddamn this manga won another award, seriously people are missing out.

Contributor
@nogenem

The only translator is an /a/non who's apparently been doing that one high school manga with all the animals and Senryuu Shoujo. It sucks because things are really developing...

Dex-chan lover
I was just wondering what happened to this. Nothing much, apparently . . . dang.

@UnLunDun Well, no flaws except being psycho. But yeah, I know what you mean.
By the way, nice handle.

@Purplelibraryguy I mean, she being a psycho and an asshole here is not even treated as a flaw, but as a character trait that makes people idolise her even more. It's like the author's impression of what a 'real' writer must be like came to him while reading a beat novel during a wrestling match. And to boot, we are never even given any reason to believe Hibiki is that great of a writer as the story paints her. I dropped the manga because I honestly couldn't bear all the pretension surrounding her anymore.

And thanks lol

Contributor
Surprise suprise, the manga is still doing well for itself in Japan. 2 Million copies I believe?
And I can't get used to Hibiki haircut in senior year so far.

As a fellow woman I just can’t get used to the weird breasts-ribcage proportions of most of the female characters, especially the big-breasted ones.
(excluding Hibiki cuz you know...she’s almost flat).

@madbottler
I absolutely agree.
I initially liked her personality which was full of surprises. But, now, not that much anymore.
She was complicated, strange -- I didn't know whether she was too confident or not self-aware and could act as she pleased.
But at the same time, the story still interesting to follow...at least, for me.

@goronyanpai

Someone ought to punch her right in the kisser and tell her they don't give a shit about her being this genius author (Of course in an entirely self defense situation)

Dex-chan lover
I have to agree with UnLunDun with the word "pretension".
I don't feel like the world in this manga is real but the whole thing is built just for the MC.
I feel like the only relatable character here is Rika, and when her arc ended with the shattered dream, it also ends my reading.
But it amazes me that this manga win 2 awards, happy for author.

For a manga that won 2 awards I expected something better then the adventures of an insufferable genius who gets to do what she wants because everyone wants her (brain). She's a garbage human who appears to be borderline autistic and who only gets what she wants because she's better.

Dex-chan lover
Lmao, the recent comments are starting to echo my sentiments.

She's basically a Mary Sue; although she is not perfect at EVERYTHING, she's beyond extraordinary at one thing, and the real kicker for me is that nobody around her has the potential to bring up any interesting conflicts. Thus, any developments lack any real weight, despite the potential if only the author wrote in "rivals" (not in writing, but in being crazy - by now it seems that the only other crazy character in the boyfriend has been sidelined like a bitch).

It kinda reads like One Punch Man if taken seriously for the literary world.

This manga really resonated with me, I really liked Hibiki.

As someone with bi-polar, it can be really tempting to just give into your urges like she does, it's very cathartic for me to read this. I also liked the other characters, how Ryoutaro is psychotic in a completely different way from Hibiki, and I really liked Rika as well.

Fed-Kun's army
reads like an onision book, the manga itself is great. but its clear that everything revolves around hibiki.

Users who are viewing this thread