Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku - Vol. 1 Ch. 8 - So, This is the Power of the 'Exclamation Mark'!!!!!!

@Salfaro
i think it has something to do with the fact that they asked him to mentor them and the system using the old school way of your mentor being your superior/master

as the skill enslaves those under you
(and agreeing to teach thus placed him above them)

Dex-chan lover
That chapter felt much shorter than the norm for this series...

Dex-chan lover
I feel like important details to make this chapter flow smoothly we’re cut out from the LN/WN.

Two or three more pages, or just less focus on the MC pressing against the fourth wall, and more more focus on whatever “garbage” skill he accidentally used would have been better.

In Slime Tensei, we’ve got Great Sage to tell us what’s going on, but here, it’s like there’s a joke that was skimmed over that we were supposed to understand. Again, something probably cut from the adaption...

Did he always have some kind of subjugation skill? Would have been nice to get a couple of pages inbetween the misunderstanding and whatever caused this, heck this chapter wasn't even 100% clear that it was a skill/system thing that effectively enslaved them because of how short it was, you're left to just piece things together based off of the lack of talking, self-preservation instincts, and his comments about the dead eyes. This issue seems to even be pretty clearly the fault of the adaptation, as while some things can be lost in translation we can tell from the images that it goes almost immediately from the subjugation list (which doesn't even get shown completely) into a JPRG-inspired gag...

Dex-chan lover
I think the artist is having a bit too much fun with the panelling and exaggerations.
At least the fact that subjugation activated means they were probably genuine about it I guess and not just pretending to make use of him?

Fed-Kun's army
Ch 2 p7 got the info on what they triggered when they wanted him to become their master/mentor.
(From the Loner skill that prevents him from forming parties with others there's a bonus skill, for an alternate way of increasing manpower.)
Edit: Tried to clarify a bit since I realized you could easily misinterpret what I wrote.

Personally found it rather amusing.

Dex-chan lover
Mistranslation on page 12:

It's him who did the weakening and threw the enemy to them, then he got creep out at how they silently murder the thing (in contrast to their earlier reaction before getting subjugated)

Dex-chan lover
They aren't mean girls, they are gyarus! Dunno why they got no Twitter skills. Also the delinquents would be so jealous of the MC because subjugation is more effective. 🤣

Dex-chan lover
@Salfaro
I think because he initially saw them as a threat, the system treated them as such. Now that they are passive towards him, and admitted "defeat" (in a way, they did asked for his help by indirectly begging for their lives), they are seen as being subjugated I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread