Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 2-bu 「Hon no Tamenara Miko ni Naru!」 - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - The Third Atten…

@Xelda so if a child told you she's aiming to be mistress of an old man, and then you saw her jump in the lap of an old man and stroke him to get some paedophilic groove going, you would keep a total bored poker face? I think that says more about you and maybe the author than about the character. It is not normal to not react when you see a child solicit an adult sexually, no matter how much warning you've been given. Even if she wanted to keep a poker face, we should at least get some outraged inner monologue, some reminder that she can't believe this is expected of children, etc.
As it is, it's like she's unfazed. How much of an emotional piece of driftwood do you have to be to not feel horrifyingly sorry for that prostituted child? And the entire chapter advertises how childish and kiddish she really is too.

I'm sorry, I don't think I'm gonna budge on this. Seriously, imagine you and your friend stumble on a dead body and your friend is like "aw well, alright I guess..." and when you ask how they can be so calm they say "oh I watched a lot of CSI, plus we sort of were told we might see a corpse here right?" as if that would constitute a normal excuse for not being frazzled.

Dex-chan lover
@NoraDaimio
Myne was already aware of girls getting married off for money/survival. She and her friend were both in the same position, so she's not exactly unfamiliar with it.
Remember the thing about the magical treasures and that she can't afford them unless she marries some noble? Yeah, the other option is to die. Her friend chose marriage and Myne could only respect that decision.

@NoraDaimio

I can’t check the LN right now so I can’t confirm whether or not Myne reacts internally at all there, but keep in mind that she’s explicitly practicing to be a noble, and nobles aren’t really supposed to show any emotion at all, even if they’re shocked. If she had reacted, Benno probably would have chastised her - and if not Benno, then Fran certainly would have.

Of course, whether or not one *believes* Myne could competently react like a noble here is a different question, but she’s been shown trying to be more noble-like when with her attendants before.

>NoraDaimio

Well I certainly wouldn't react with "OMG THIS IS NEW INFORMATION WHO COULD'VE SEEN THIS COMING?!" if I'd already been warned well in advance.

Also my reaction would've been at the FIRST incident, when the child says "I want to be a mistress". That'd be the point to intervene, in OUR world, playing by OUR rules.

But again, Myne's in a different world where our norms and our rules don't apply. And she's USED to the culture shock by this point. It would be absolutely shocking in real life, yes, but this world has already proven to operate totally differently to ours and things that are appalling in our world seems to be the norm in this world. She can't just keep getting surprised at EVERYTHING that's different in this world compared to our own. As it is there's no reason for her to be OUTWARDLY expressing shock and horror at what seems to just be a thing that exists in this world she's in, especially not when, again, she's already been made aware of Delia's intents beforehand. Acting shocked would achieve nothing, telling Delia calmly "You don't need to do that" actually makes a difference.

We COULD have seen outraged monologue, yes, but it's not really necessary. We don't need to be told that Myne's against children making sexual advances, that should just be apparent. The fact that she's telling Delia she doesn't need to do that ever again speaks volumes. Also consider how much she's been having it grilled into her to act a certain way in front of others, especially her assistants who she's trying to win over. To act calm and composed and not show any weakness or shock.

As for the body example, context is important. If we were told we'd find a body out there, that's not really 'stumbling' on it at all, and I would imagine we were told that for a reason. If not, why would we be out there after being told there might be a body there? If we stumbled on the body by mistake and my friend had no reason to be so composed (like maybe being a mortician), I'd find it odd for sure, but it could also just be that they're good at staying calm in extreme situations. If we were out there BECAUSE there was a dead body we were expecting to find, why would either of us be shocked? Disgusted sure, but not shocked if we were TOLD it would be there.

Dex-chan lover
"WHAT?! I HAVE TO SERVE A BRAT LIKE YOU?! FUCK THAT!"
"wait, why did you kick me out?"

I swear their logic is something else

guys i don't think that will get a season three. End of part 2(hypothetical S3) is a enormous cliffhanger with opening off many possibilities. In other words a horrible stopping point so They'd need to agree to do a season 4-5 before even thinking about doing season 3.
what you guys think about that?

@NoraDaimio
People adapt to their surroundings and who many years Mine is living in this already?
where i live is uncommon men put shirt to go the closest grocery store and as you can imagine this caused some problems when i went live on other state for some months. when i got back home i feel uncomfortable being without shirt on my courtyard for months.

Power Uploader
@NerdViking As long as it sells, they'll make the entire adaption, money is king :v It'll all depends on anime fans to show support to it :v

I hope this catches up to the novel soon. It is around this part that the barely readable translator started doing horrible MTL work.

Also people shocked at the behavior of the female attendant (despite being told beforehand that things were like that) are probably going to be horrified when Myne
goes to see how the orphanage operates

Group Leader
The way pedophilia is normalized and treated in this manga is very wew

I mean this whole society is very shitty. I wouldnt be sad if it all collapsed in the end

But seriously. This series better end with the genocide of 75 percent of the noble class

And I do think the author has a fetish for pedophilia. Considering who myne gets together with later

Contributor
@Aeder
This chapter of the manga goes up to web novel chapter 90.
blastron's translations went up to web novel chapter 96, which corresponds to chapter 13 of the Part 2 manga. Their translations are very good.
Infinite Novel Translations translation's went up to up to web novel chapter 103, which corresponds to chapter 18 of the Part 2 manga. Their translations are good.
Flying Line's releases of the web novel follow that and you've accurately described them as "the barely readable translator [that] started doing horrible MTL work."
However, after you've finished reading the good web novel translations you should not read what Flying Lines outputs but instead switch over to reading the official light novel translations. If you want to continue right from where web novel chapter 103 left off you should start with Part 2 Volume 2. The official light novel translations already go up to Part 2 Volume 4 (which would correspond to web novel chapter 172), and they're releasing Part 3 Volume 1 (which would correspond to web novel chapter 196) in three weeks.

@theilikepie why did you seem so surprised about pedophilia?
as far as my understanding, it's pretty common in middle ages church (which this manga took setting afaik), and maybe til modern times (as for the rumor)?

it's indeed terrible, though..

@rizal12345 @theilikepie yes I mean, children would also be considered adults at a far younger age back then, so kind of push back the "teenage years" back a bit and imagine her as a 16-17 year old instead, that's what the equivalent is. At least, iirc.

@alexthestupidn totally agree. how come some people that sell false hope in the pretext of man-made propaganda book could possibly commit such atrocity? no way right?

Users who are viewing this thread