Hoshino, Me o Tsubutte

@tolroc

It wasn’t really like an angry twist. As you can see by this recently translated chapter, they both still have a lot of growing up to do. The mc felt like he wouldn’t be able to do this as he was relying too much on everybody else. Which leads to the breakup. At the end of the pre epilogue final chapter, he finally starts to make said progress after seeing that Hoshino has made progress dealing with her self confidence w/o makeup issue. Then the manga ends with both of them smiling as they feel satisfied with their own progress. Then the epilogue happens.

tldr; the author decided to focus heavily on the characters improving themselves (the coming of age aspect as some call it) instead of the romance. He likely planned them growing up a bit and getting together again with some build up but didn’t have time to do so or something got in the way. Hence, the epilogue.

@brandonvu1997 the series was dropped so the author got pissed and broke up the main couple in a stupid way without resolution before ending the series.

@brandonvu1997

Author had an ending that many people didn’t like but then created an epilogue that came out a bit later. I posted another comment explaining the ending if you want details on it.

@jayrus29

I don’t think that’s the case. The author really tried to make this a coming of age story from the middle towards the end where the main focus of the manga became them overcoming their individual issues instead of the romance element. Having some sort of conclusion when they are older make sense.
From a marketing standpoint, it also came out about 2 months after chapter 106 and his next manga didn’t come out until a year later iirc (last chapter came out summer 2018 and the next manga came out summer 2019). I think it’s more of a case of a rush than anything or simply because of the backlash (although I’m not sure how it was received in Japan).

can someone kindly explain to me why is this manga getting reviewed bombed? I geniunely dont know y, not saying this manga is god himself in terms of quality or anything

Fed-Kun's army
@3den im not sure but i think the review bombs happened when her face got revealed and her reception wasnt favorable. that was the last chapter we got for a while and many of us, me included, thought that was the last chapter and it got axed or something. so they probably review bombed it for having a shitty ending.

actually im wrong. looks like its had a 6.2 rating for a long time. idk then

i want to rant about this mang but yoo.! what's with these ratings?!? i'm really suprised. i'm currently on chapter 66 and if you like anime that's has the same drama like oregairu you should give it a try! although if you thought the premise of the manga is kinda silly, there's a lot of dramas and you're just sick and tired of it but i assure you that you'll like it! when i first watch oregairu(and romance anime that has the same premise and plot), i thought that the plot has a lot of dramas with a little of romance in it. so i was thinking of dropping it but i pushed myself to watch it and after watching the first season i felt like a parent watching my kid growing up(though that's what i felt like lmao of course i enjoyed the romance as well). so i hope you had the same feelings after reading this manga! it gives me a reassuring feeling.

p.s i don't know why you're reading this long ass rant but thanks for reading lol and i really want to rant about the fmc(female main character) that should end up with the mc(main character) but i'm still at chapter 66 ;-;
-sorry if my grammar sucks english is not my first language-
edit: after reading the comments i agree now why it has a low rating 👍

This shit is beautiful asf man i cant stop crying i never thought of a manga this beautiful ngl

Users who are viewing this thread