I Asked My First Girlfriend Why She Went Out with Me - Ch. 4 - First dinner with the girlfriend who is dating a useless person.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, in an alternative universe where red pills were for women. The author is capturing very well the toxicity in reverse.
What is a red pill? I'm a foreigner whose native tongue is spanish and I had never heard of this term before.

I apologize if this is supposed to be an obvious thing for english speakers

Dex-chan lover
What is a red pill? I'm a foreigner whose native tongue is spanish and I had never heard of this term before.

I apologize if this is supposed to be an obvious thing for english speakers
In simple terms, it's a movement of pick up artists whose techniques only work if their target doesn't have any sense of self-worth, much like the ones used by the girlfriend in this story.
They took the term red pill from the Matrix movies as a metaphor for enlightenment, because they see their techniques as the only way to be successful with women.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
In simple terms, it's a movement of pick up artists whose techniques only work if their target doesn't have any sense of self-worth, much like the ones used by the girlfriend in this story.
They took the term red pill from the Matrix movement as a metaphor for enlightenment, because they see their techniques as the only way to be successful with women.
Oh that explains a lot, since I never saw the Matrix franshice(not my thing).

Anyway, yeah this red pill tactic does sound very toxic to do.

Almost emotionally predatory you could say.

Double-page supporter
Is it some japanese thing? Because it actually takes a lot of time and effort from girls to make such mess from euro- or american guy in such short time.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, in an alternative universe where red pills were for women. The author is capturing very well the toxicity in reverse.
The (gender neutral! lol) term for what she's doing is negging, the misogynistic red pill ideology isn't even necessary for this.
Oh that explains a lot, since I never saw the Matrix franshice(not my thing).
It has nothing to do with the original movie series it references. The Matrix' concept of taking the red pill means waking up to and accepting reality as it is, rather than taking the blue pill and continue living in fantasy land. If you want, you can read about the misogynistic red pill ideology as spread by various groups of misogynists and bigots on wikipedia (manosphere, MGTOW etc.) or use a search engine and look for a proper article. You can read what the creator of the Matrix thinks of this kind of bigot over here.

Here's the legendary quote from The Matrix:
Morpheus: This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Users who are viewing this thread