I Became the Emperor's Daughter One Day

Let's start things off with a buncha babies peacefully drifting down the river... oh but y'know what? Who would win - a baby in a basket, or a dragon? Let's just test that out real quick...

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Warning from someone who read the raws. Plenty of child abuse in this one.

As always the emperor is a gigantic jackass who enjoys abusing children. Theres some shit that although not protrayed as, is actually pretty disturbing once you think about it.

@lolikoki
funnily enough chinese people really used to do this but for different reason
because most of them were too poor they could only afford to raise a small amount of children
as such this competition was held as way to determine if that child was worthy to be raised
if he was weak he was left to drown until he dies and if was strong he was raised to adulthood so they can leech off him
this became common practise because chinese people have strong fertility and sexual desire so a women did get pregnant as the same rate as rabbits

This series need to be released at least 10 chapter a day. I finished today chapter too quickly. ;-;

Dex-chan lover
so even the prince's mother cant come in the castle and that sloot thought she could try to get with the emperor tsk tsk

Group Leader
This is absolutely awful 😂 I’ve never dropped a series so quickly.
Feels like a badly done chinese rip off Who made me a princess...

There are mangas that are decent and mangas that are bearable, but this is absolute trash with no substance.

You'd think it's maybe a cute story, but let me tell you it's not, I think they would deserve that disasterous event with their behaviour towards children. Cursed = You did sth to get it after all, it's Karma you know....

As toddler abonded for 3 years after taking her from her family & then to take her up again after his 'other' daughter attacked her with magic? Why didn't he saved her before the bullying even started & why the need for three other daughters, if not for political reasons? Even then aren't ya the emperor or a puppet ruler for the other nobles?

Currently the plot is terrible, art is nice and just read another daughter of... story, instead of this one. Just drop it, there is a reason this has so many 1Star ratings.

They should just go ahead change the title of this to "Child Abuse the Manga". How did this even get passed? And why is one of the genres slice of life?

@Asianbou
It's somewhat of a common trope in Chinese or Korean manga where the background shows the child to be abused and neglected. Then the child is taken in to a better family and then lots of fluffiness ensues and the bad guys and parents are eventually destroyed. Or another common trope where the emperor or high ranking duke is an asshole but over the course of time, due to the daughter's fluffiness, starts to stop being an asshole and seek redemption. The reason why it's considered slice-of-life is because a lot of times, it truly is full of sweetness and fluffiness. Basically sweetness and fluffiness prevails over assholes, abusers, and darkness.

I generally prefer the first trope but there are some good ones for the second trope. Some examples of good ones of both are as followed.

First trope:
The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess (Child abused by parents and adopted by a duchess known for her physical strength. Sugary sweetness ensues. The duchess and her sons are cool and sweet.)
I Am a Child of This House (Abused child sold off to duke. Sugary sweetness ensues. The duke and his son are just so sweet.)

Second trope:
Who Made Me a Princess (Father is the emperor. He's a competent asshole but he slowly becomes better.)
Daughter of the Emperor (Father is the emperor. He's also competent. Talks like an asshole but turns out he's a lot more mellow and kind than he looks, lol.)

This manga seems to be following the second trope. That being said, I have yet to read Chinese mangas with these tropes. And so far, it seems to be kind of disappointing.
EDIT: Nope, it gets even worse. People, just ignore this one and go read the other ones. They also have good art AND it's fluffy and sweet. This is just abusive all the way through.

I'll stay with the Korean renditions of this Isekai genre. This one is only meanspirited and cruelly bad

Users who are viewing this thread