I Shall Survive Using Potions! - Vol. 4 Ch. 18

Dex-chan lover
@DrWhoCares i lol'd at that wanted poster. also amused that you just skipped ahead to 18. hope you guys will finish the rest later

Supporter
@maffo666 she used biological warfare on enemy forces. THAT is a war crime, as defined by the Geneva Conventions and shown on the wanted poster

You know... the way the "ambush" went on, they make it seem that 20 people, even with "explosives" can destroy all the "support" for a 20k army. Have you SEEN how big is a 20k army? It's... so ugh when authors wanna make a big thing and the first thing they try is "OHMAGERD A WAR" and then proceed to "describe" the war as if a 5 years old was trying to teach you it. fucking god.

> when people apply REAL war crimes to a FICTIONAL story that plays in another world not based on a real world

>wtf.jpg

@DrWhoCares
Wow you weren't kidding with how fast this generic isekai goes to shit. I had some hope in the beginning but there goes that ┐(゚~゚)┌ Also someone should add bland mc to karou's list of war crimes, i mean she could have used her potions to give herself powers (Especially since she wanted to go alone) that could have dealt with all of them easily. If your going to do an isekai with power cheats you should have gone all out instead trying to show how clever you can be with 20 some people throwing magic balls and somehow taking out a 20k armies supply line without collapsing the mountain pass they were marching through

Dex-chan lover
Is that war crime list legit?

@Miyuki
this is just to Clarify what they threw was more Contact Grenades then magic balls most likely they were round flasks and Kaoru states that they are akin to low yield Glycerin explosives and Napalm but yeah I also agree with the how the hell did she take out the supplies without killing anyone is BS also her intention is actually smart army tactics it takes more resources to care for an injured soldier then a dead one

Dex-chan lover
@CoconutCHan

Bad things don't stop being bad when talking about fantasy. Especially since the MC is a modern-day Japanese person.

@maffo666

Poisoning food or water supply in a way that makes it indistinguishable from regular supply and causing enemy to suffer from disease-like symptoms is literally biological warfare. It's no different than trying to give them SARS or using germs.

@Abedeus

Hmmm...you are right, she could have done something else, like sleeping drugs or long-term drunkenness drugs, now that you mention it. As for the attachment, I think she had enough time to establish a sense of belonging to the country. She's set up her place in that country as being basically untouchable and is responsible for a bunch of children. She's also been there for months, hasn't she? Plus I think she's been building up aggression from being hassled by the church and politicians.

I was also going to say something about preventing twice the number of deaths if full-blown fighting had started with warring armies, but that hardly does anything for my not war crime argument.

@Abedeus

My opinion is just that since this plays in a different world, we should not apply the same laws as modern Japan. Even if her previous world had such laws I am pretty sure that a fantasy world playing in a setting based on the Middleages does not have any kind of experience with biological warfare. Whethee this is morally questionable is another issue entirely.

TBH How is this any different from an defending army salting the earth back in ancient times to prevent pillaging from an invading force. Or an invading force poisoning a water supply. Reality of it is, the term "rules of war" back in ancient times, including the middle ages, was extremely vague. It wasn't until the birth of full on chemical warfare during World War 1 that every major country decided that it was a really bad idea to do it considering the potential fallout involved.

Contributor
>my meme wanted poster started a shitstorm

download.jpg

It's not a war crime when you can revert all changes with 0 risk for civilians afterwards... These tactics here are all aimed at the soldirs and can be reverted by potions. As for the booby traps, there were no mines. They even explained in the pages, those sphere's in the ground were there only to intensify the explosives and would serve no other purpose on their own. So that's one "war crime" you can risk out of the list

Dex-chan lover
@Miyuki
@KitsuVonKraft
If you want to get an idea of how much area 20k of people would take up, you could fit 20k on a soccer pitch/football field 2 fields if you spread them out arms length. Given the narrower canyon, the baggage train might extend some 400-800 yards/meters. Given the tactical and weapon superiority, if they started the attack from the front and end of the baggage train and worked to the middle, 20 people could take out the whole thing in less than 30min.
Here's a Football Stadium with a 36k capacity for reference.

Dex-chan lover
Half-measures... just make a 100Mt cold-fusion potion with a container in the form of a ballistic missile ?

Dex-chan lover
@BloodySorcerer

Warcrimes, as far as using biological warfare, don't differentiate between soldiers and civilians. Using sarin gas is bad regardless of whether it's enemy or civilian.

And making waters undrinkable by "booby trapping" them is a war crime according to Geneva. Check the poster the translating group whipped up. It doesn't matter if they can recover it, using food or water as bait to spread disease is biological warfare.

And this is all a separate matter, but this speaks volumes about Kaoru - she's immoral as fuck, if she's a Japanese-born person fully aware of what war and war crimes are, but has no issues doing it to torture these people.

@abedeus so only if it was indistinguishable from normal supply would it be a warcrime

Good to know.

edit: queue evil laugh

Users who are viewing this thread