I Shall Survive Using Potions! - Vol. 4 Ch. 18

It would've been proper scorched earth tactics if she didn't actively poison the damn well. Also in her previous life wasn't she just an OL? I doubt she'd have a full grasp of the Geneva convention.

To speak of a war crime, some things are missing.
A form of globalization, political regimes that look like a democracy, human rights, ...

talk about concepts that can not even be understood by the rulers, even the people would not understand why it's not normal.
Already nowadays it is not respected by all the countries, worse some who have signed do not follow them all

and those who talk about Japan's pacifist country, they were worse than the Germans during World War II

for information what she has been doing has been normal for millennia.
Poison, disease, even diseases to reduce harvests, insect pests

according to the logic of some since we decided that it was wrong for 30 years (besides as I said it is not even currently respect), it should be bad in a fictional story (shit it will be necessary to rewrite the history of our world)

we can not do war crimes in the year 2000 on earth, so we can not in a middle age fiction, so we have to rewrite the history of our world, because it's forbidden.
Yes I too can have a broken logic

Fed-Kun's army
otherworlder : "geneva? what is that? is it delicious?"

it's not a crime if there are no rule forbidding it WHERE YOU ARE DOING IT
and she can just make potion to fix all the well later, so she's not indiscriminately making people suffer, just the enemy

*sips potion

@Abedeus Immoral?
I see, so you would rather have a proper armed intervention which could incur heavy losses on both sides, injuries and amputations in some cases, on those that managed to survive.

Instead of weakening the enemy soldiers, reducing losses on both sides and allowing for the peaceful capture of possbily a squad or even a battalion. Of which all these soldiers could eventually be returned to their countries with some or no traumas(depending on how they are treated as prisoners).

With all due respect, please don't exarcebate this whole situation by making comparisons with the spread of lethal contaminant agents in real life. All that it takes to change an appearently unethical action into a peaceful solution is a mere change in perspective.
THe reason why it's not bad enough to be considered a War crime is because everything she did can be easily reverted and the damage caused to the enemy troops is only temporary.
This here is a case where "the goals does justify the means".

I'll ask you to read some or our actual war crimes, and compare with what our loli MC did, and then come back here and say they are one and the same. Hell even normal military operations can have far worse results than this.

Freaking Cao Cao spread a disease though many villages to weaken both enemy soldiers and damage the supply route for the allied Shu and Wu forces. Unlike here that disease was a lot deadlier, the germans and japanese spread deadly gases killing every living being in a wide area, these are actual war crimes. They caused lasting damage to a whole region and to both enemy troops, innocent civilians and animals. Kaoru's poison will affect the enemy, and will not create permanent damage either, with the request of reinforcements and more supplies these solders could improve their situation, and in the end the real damage will only be caused to their morale.

Dex-chan lover
@BloodySorcerer

No, I'd rather have her use her omnipotent potion power to stop conflict...

How about some imagination? Potion to put everyone to sleep, harmlessly, without the diarrhea and risk of dehydration and death.

Potion that would rust their equipment to dust.

Potion to make them feel lethargic for as long as they continue marching towards enemy.

Potion to make them forget wanting to wage war.

Potion to...

You do realize that many of those soldiers will shit and vomit themselves to death, right? It's not like Kaoru is watching each and every one of them, making sure nobody dies from starvation, exhaustion or dehydration.

@yohane just because there's no rule doesn't mean it's not bad. Just like outside the usa you don't get "don't put living things inside" warnings on microwaves.

Yes they risk dehydration, but it's not like they are stupid enough to continue looking for villages with supplies, they can still hunt for food in nearby forests. Some people will suffer though dehydration yes, but this will force the enemy's march to a halt. In order to find food and clean water they will be forced to camp on those villages(the houses where not destroyed, after all) while waiting for supplies and reinforcements, this will allow for Kaoru and the rest to empty more villages and more importantly give them time to prepare a counter attack while having less enemies to face.

Dex-chan lover
@never_preorder,
Just saying, are you aware of the disease called "cholera"? I'm sure you know that at this age it would be highly lethal and victim will be expose to such suffering that they will wish they are dead.
And just guess most obvious symptom of this infection... It's dehydration due uncontrollable vomiting and watery diarrhea. Well, there is actually because body just can't absorb water, but nevertheless.

The point is, if you already dehydrated due to marching under blazing sun, and was poisoned with that diarrhea/vomiting drug, then you are DEAD! There is no saving grace for you anymore, even if they actually would have water supply (which they don't). Moreover, it's not just death, it would be death after most painful death with suffering that you can imagine.

P.S. Even though that i'm on Kaoru's side here, war crimes are absurd. She didn't use booby traps, her poison wasn't potent enough to be called biological weapon, and all the others applies only to civilians, moreover it's easy to avoid just by "not using food/water that they pillaged from the village", after they get information of the first batch. Kaoru never did anything that can be considered warcrime even in our own world, but that doesn't mean that her actions wasn't excessive. Army could save itself if they just return, but they can't do that, or their superiors will have their heads instead. Those armymen just follow the orders, and suffering for the things that doesn't have anything with them.
For how Kaoru's ability so versatile, it would be easy for her to do things without such a brutal deaths.

Dex-chan lover
Just saying but Kaoru has commited no war crime, as such conventions don't exist in the world she is in and were not in effect at any time before WWI.

Dex-chan lover
@Med1um
While you are right that there were no need for such methods there is no reason for her to hold back on anything also.
They were the ones that were attacking and the most brutal one is the less chance it gives for the other side to retaliate.
Those "war crime" things are the reason wars are such a joke nowadays and they never end nor solve the confrotation. If anything they are the reason we have wars that are still going after hundreds of years.

Contributor
Man, I just had to look back at this after seeing the comment count double. God, the nerd-rage is practically palatable. You can just feel the pseudo-experts on a rampage trying to use THEIR freaking morals, laws and what-not to a FANTASY situation ON ANOTHER FUCKING WORLD!!!!!

YES! I SAID IT. A FUCKING FANTASY ON ANOTHER FUCKING WORLD!!!!!

She died, and was reincarnated onto another world. Our damn laws DO NOT - I repeat- DO NOT - have any bearing on her what-so-fucking-ever. Only the rules and laws of THAT world count. Guess what? None of you who are accusing her of the war crimes even seem to understand that concept.

Not too sorry if you are unhappy with me using the word "fucking". But, damn, seeing so much ignorance in one comment section is just so fu----- mind boggling.

Dex-chan lover
isn't this just scorched earth tactics? why is everyone panicking here?

i doubt if all person know about "WAR CRIME" or "GENEVA CONVENTION"..... so i dont think kaoru may know about it...
BUT, we may question about her moral.. Maybe.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I am quite tired of nobody else having any actual agency in this world that could oppose the mary sue potionmonger. What kind of shitty army has no scouts surveying the routes to be travelled to spot her merry men in an ambush in ideal tight passage.. and how do they get away with none of the army chasing them? It just happens they position all their supplies in one part of formation for a whole army so they can be so neatly destroyed?

There have been so many countless times she could have had her ass handed to her in the past as well, had there been any attempt at such.

Group Leader
@andynoumouse
Actually, there's never been a time when she could have her ass handed to her. Just you wait bucko. Kaoru is written with the kanji for Mary Sue.

Supporter
They are walking to their deaths. What? Should she go out of her way to save the foolish enemy from themselves?
Thanks for the chapter.

Double-page supporter
@DrWhoCares @andynoumouse

except for gods/godesses common sense.

She was given a un-aging body cause the goddess misunderstand her wish much like the gods in the author other work

@Miyuki I know, but think about it, 20 people would NOT be able to do all that damage.They'd surely cause some damage, but not to the same extent they did in the manga. It just feels off.

Users who are viewing this thread