I Shaved. Then I Brought a High School Girl Home. - Vol. 3 Ch. 15

Dex-chan lover
Gotou smells like the type of psychobitch who enjoys playing with men - make them fall for you, then reject them, but still keep them in your orbit and watch them struggle. She doesn't really want the MC, but nobody else is allowed to have him either because he is her toy and him getting over her would insult her.
"I rejected you and lied to you telling you I had a boyfriend because I like to cook my meat thoroughly" is such bullshit, I don't get how the MC let her get away with that crap. He seemed like a rather reasonable and sensible person until then.

Dex-chan lover
@Epicredeemer
It feels like she's plotting something with all of this. I don't doubt that she has some concern for our boy, but it feels more like concern as a boss than a romantic interest, especially considering how insincere last chapter felt. I don't like it.

I still think the MC should marry the coworker and adopt Sayu though, since she seems to actually care about Sayu.
Honestly... that'd be the best option wouldn't it.
None of the heroines are perfect but neither is the MC.
Only good romantic partner so far is the Kouhai. I doubt it's gonna stay that way though... From what we've seen so far, he's gonna shoe-horn in some more negative traits into the kouhai as well. As of right now though the rankings hasn't budged.

#1 - Kouhai
#2 - Gotou - Yes even if she's a manipulative she-devil, she's better than Sayu who's so bad it's not even funny.
#3 - Sayu - All she's got going for her as a character is being attractive. That's literally it. Every other aspect of her character is a demerit. (She does have potential to improve if she matures a bit and stops being so emotionally, and physically reliant.)

It's better that Sayu's treated like a child while she acts like a child. I really hope the story doesn't go the obvious route and has Sayu win romantically...

@Narf
Emotions aren't logical. He wants to believe her because he has residual feelings. She really did pounce at the worst possible time when he wasn't completely over her yet.
Your Gotou analysis is spot on though.
Honestly, MC's biggest character flaw is that he's too accepting.
I think his experience with Gotou will have him grow as a character.

Dex-chan lover
I want this bitch gone! She can stay however long she wants, who the fuck is this bitch to shit on his generosity?

Dex-chan lover
Y'all mad but the bitch is asking the correct question. What Sayu is doing now is posing a huge problem for MC in every way possible, not to mention ILLEGAL. One wrong step and he's gonna spend his time in jail.

Dex-chan lover
@fernaldi01 doesn't matter really, the issue is still the same; she's making it complicated for MC if she stays with him. People are just mad cause boss is a bitch, which she is. But it also takes a character like her to actually see things through because everyone else is such pussy that they don't want to ask the real question.

Aggregator gang
@Xystus I think it's obvious that the question itself is right in that situation, readers already know that this kind of cohabitation is totally dangerous, but I don't need to hear that question from her.
It's like, I know it's inevitable, and I know that in MC's circle of acquintances, only a shameless person like Gotou would confront Sayu about it. But nevertheless, I still hate it.

so i conclude that: gotou is a bitch, yoshida is softhearted, sayu is dependent. The story is sensible in 3rd person that the situation actually could imprison yoshida as it is illegal and the fact that sayu's backstory might even be running from a crime (obviously no) but supposedly that's how to react normally. However, the flaw is the fact yoshida is stupid and unable to reject anything that potentially harms him. I can't really see the story going interesting in a cliche way. It's dramatic, suspenseful and thrilling but the mystery is really not well prepared

@Xystus - Didn't read much of the thread, huh?

@mammon - Yeah, we'll probably learn more soon. I don't think Sayu has some big master plan, though -- she's just a kid. She doesn't even ask for anything really; Yoshida just makes her more or less accept certain things that he buys. She does all the housework, cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc. and has a part-time job because she wanted to be able to provide more for herself. Besides making some seriously shit choices, she doesn't seem to be a person worthy of being wary of. It's not like Yoshida's gonna hook up with some brat anyway.
If there's literally any person out of the three girls to be wary of it would clearly be Gotou.

The novel may be a fun read, right?

Dex-chan lover
@TitanAnteus
#3 - Sayu - All she's got going for her as a character is being attractive. That's literally it. Every other aspect of her character is a demerit. (She does have potential to improve if she matures a bit and stops being so emotionally, and physically reliant.)
Let's be fair to her. She is still a child, maybe 16 or 17 years old. And you blame her for being emotionally and physically reliant? How independent were you at that age? Her personality is far from fully formed, and she suffered heavy abuse, both physically and mentally, in the last six months. Not even counting the yet-to-be-revealed events that drove her to run away from home in the first place - that's not something that usually happens in a wholesome family either.
Of course she wouldn't be a well-balanced, functioning adult. How could she be? If anything she is still surprisingly mentally stable for the situation.

Personally, I'd be perfectly fine if they never actually got romantically involved with each other but instead show them grow into more of a family instead, show her healing her mental wounds and learning to act like a proper teenager who can just be herself without a second thought like she should be. I think we both know that won't be what will happen, but it's what I would like to see.

Gotou hasn't done anything wrong to be called a bitch. Y'all just a bunch of incels blindly cheering for Sayu.
MC clearly has to bang all of them.

Dex-chan lover
@hentacle
Nobody even likes Sayu. Not a single person in the comments section so far has mentioned that they like her romantically.

@Narf
I was pretty emotionally independent at 16. Feeling nervous from lack of external contact and needing validation from others ended at around middle school when I joined clubs and actually started caring about myself. Though I admit, Sayu's situation is definitely different from mine.

I understand her situation, but remember, I was only ranking them as heroine material not as characters. I think Sayu is #1 as an actualized character, though that's mostly because of the amount of screen presence she has. She's just last as a potential romantic interest, which the manga is trying to hint that she's aiming for.

@Xystus
I don't think anybody has said anything against the questions Gotou asked though. They need to be asked. Just not by her.

This woman is such a liar!!! If you think about it, doing all she's doing is only getting what she wants at the time. The only good thing this w*man's done is refusing him the first chapter, leading him to better days.
How would you even fall for her MC??? Bruh you're blind for those bazonkers smh 😬🙄🙄

Dex-chan lover
Gotou definitely is prodding throughout this chapter into their relationship. Whether she is doing this to make room for herself or out of her own concern is anyone's guess. (Though seeing how she interacts with the Kouhai may give us more insight into this if the two get to meet.)

It's also important that Gotou defines herself as a person with a strong sense of intuition and is extremely cautious of people. This may be why she is so prodding in this chapter as she gets the sense of what their relationship is instinctively, but doesn't know how much she can trust this person-or if her being there is a good idea at all.

Let's go through everything Gotou asks in relation to Sayu in the past two chapters-directly or indirectly-and see what it shows about her character
>She first asks for clarification about Sayu-being in disbelief and being completely-though understandably-bewildered at the course of events. MC explains their connection.
>She asks what Yoshida's relationship is with the girl living with him. He says that she's an acquaintance from his old hometown . She asks further why she's living with him and he says it's because she doesn't have anyone else to live with and that he couldn't find her another home.
Pretty standard and understandable questions so far, however, things get interesting character wise with these next series of interactions.
>She asks if that person is a boy or a girl, and he asks if he has to say it aloud, to which she immediately picks up on the fact she's a girl. He makes it clear to her that nothing has happened between them and that he wouldn't lay his hands on someone he didn't care about. This escalates as Gotou proceeds to go into detail about how she's worried about Yoshida's values changing over time, and the struggle she feels at the potential of losing him in case of her losing him becomes real. He then shuts her down and promises his feelings won't go away as easily as she thinks, but she makes him promise he won't get swept along by a younger girl.She then pressures him in taking her to his house and having her show Sayu to her.
I think this is the point where it becomes clear what Gotou is trying to do. Like Gotou said about herself-she's cautious. She views having a girl not related to the main character living with him as an immediate threat to their potential relationship, and she's a bit paranoid-though she hides it decently well-at the idea that Sayu may seduce Yoshida away from her. Her mentality is most contrasted by the Kouhai, who trusted Yoshida's decision and respected their boundaries as a person, but still harbors feelings for him in her own way.

>First, she asks if she likes sweets, and if she prefers soft serve or Ice Cream and what flavor she likes (Chocolate, Strawberry, etc.) When he can't answer, it arouses her suspicion.
>She asks for Sayu's surname and thinks it's suspect that Yoshida doesn't know it, which is fair but also could imply she may be looking to investigate into her, or may be planting the seeds of doubt to remove what she perceives as a potential rival or source of conflict. She says to him that he really doesn't know much about her, despite him supposedly being a long-term acquaintance, and then goes to pay
What makes this interesting is it implies that she doesn't fully trust Yoshida, which is further confirmed later when she asks if he has done anything weird to Sayu-which she denies. It's clear that she's not letting on how much she is comfortable with the situation, under a mask of light-hearted inquiry, and that she wants to be absolutely sure that Yoshida is in her back-pocket so to say.
>When Yoshida begins to have second doubts, she says that she's coming in by posing hypothetical questions saying things like "doesn't Sayu do the cleaning?" and that she's not going back after coming all this way. She's much more belligerent her than she has been with Yoshida before-indicating some level of dedication to wanting to see her with her own eyes, and clearly asserting what she wants to do.
>Later, she asks, as previously mentioned, if Yoshida did anything weird to Sayu, and when she begins to laugh with him, Sayu looks off in the distance. Gotou, having good intuition, asks if something is wrong, and whilst Sayu denies it, she immediately knows Sayu is jealous and has feelings for Yoshida. She jokes that they seem like newly-weds (which may indicate Gotou is jealous of Sayu and hiding her discomfort in comedy) and, when Yoshida goes to the bathroom, her demeanor changes and says she wants to have a private conversation with Sayu.
After Sayu asks Yoshida to go out to buy food for tomorrow's breakfast, Gotou, left alone with Sayu, changes into a much more inquisitional attitude. The scene is framed like an interrogation in which Gotou asks Sayu various things like if she really is a High School Student, where she came from, and why she ran away-though respecting her right not to answer certain questions. It all builds up to Gotou asking Sayu when she is planning to leave-which she is very hesitant to answer.
I think this proportion makes it clear what Gotou's real intention is. She views Sayu as a source of potential conflict in their relationship and so-contrasting to how the Kouhai respected Yoshida's judgement to let her stay-wants to know when she will be gone and how she can make sure that Gotou is firmly hers and hers alone. She hides this in subtly but acts very two-faced, being able to change demeanor on a whim when circumstance calls for it. She-despite saying she loves Yoshida-doesn't trust him and doesn't have any faith in his decisions. She describes the last question as something she wants to be absolutely clear about-both as a stranger to her and a friend to Gotou. She wants answers and she wants to be the only woman in Yoshida's life and so any potential competition-which she knows that Sayu is based on how she acts when Gotou and Yoshida are flirting with each other-is out of the picture. And she's willing to invade his privacy and go against his second thoughts/reluctance to ensure she is his.

What's more interesting is how Gotou's question is one that fits the internal struggle she's going through in this chapter-being that she doesn't know what role she should take in Yoshida's life. Earlier in the chapter, she is reflecting, saying how she may say that things are her fault but deep down, despite knowing that it's not true, she pins all the faults of her life onto others and their decisions. She also debates how Yoshida views her as a child, which, one some level, she respects because if she wasn't viewed in that way, Yoshida wouldn't have taken her in. But, as a girl going through puberty and falling in love, she wishes he would view her as a woman, and she is constantly flip-flopping between the position of "he's an adult and who he falls for and what he does is his choice" and "yet I have strong feelings for him and I don't know what I should do." She is unsure if it is love, but she knows she is uncomfortable with it. For instance, when she gets word that Gotou is coming home with Yoshida-her first instinct is to look at the bed and start to cry. Part of this is because she doesn't like the idea of Yoshida having sex with another woman, but I think on some level it's also her own bad experiences having to prostitute herself out in the past to abusive partners and the thought of the man she loves being just as lustful. She tries to debate herself and her feelings, reasoning it away by saying that he's an adult and what he does is none of her business, but she also fears that she'll become a third wheel and be kicked out of the house. She is in a catch-22, as she wants Yoshida to be happy and knows he CAN'T be happy with her, but she doesn't want to be estranged by the person she loves and the idea of him being ripped away by someone else-the first person who was unquestionably nice to her and who is the main pillar of support in her life-is one that she can't digest well.

Honestly, Gotou and Sayu reminds me of one another by quite a lot. Neither is really bad per se, but they're both possessive of the person they love, which leads them not only to clash with each other, but also feel a lot of conflicting and paradoxical emotions-simultaneously wanting to trust Yoshida and his decisions to do what makes him happy but at the same time going against his advice and decisions. So far the only one to trust him and respect his decisions is the Kouhai, but I don't know if that will change as we get more of her as she, too, is prone to jealously and authoritativeness. All three of them are kinda awkwardly in the same boat, whether they like it or not, and all have their own defects and flaws. I'd be interested to see if they realize that they all have a lot in common with one another, and how that impacts their development. (For instance, both Sayu and Gotou are intuitive and can pick up on subtle details, but also tend to make up long narratives in their heads and come up with complex stories that may not reflect reality.)

I can't say I hate any of the characters, but it is an interesting study of them and the writer certainly is doing his job well.

The tl;dr is everyone is a piece of shit

Users who are viewing this thread