I Shaved. Then I Brought a High School Girl Home. - Vol. 3 Ch. 15

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane Well developed thought =03! Was an enjoyable read. I'd like to think these characters are multi-dimensional/multi-faceted rather than 'all evil' or whatnot. If we could categorize these characters with a single word(b****, slut, etc), this would be nothing more than a two-bit drama. However, like many people, there are some facets we hide from others because we are afraid of breaking the status-quo. People can be selfish and cowardly, and later on, or, even instantaneously, become considerate and straightforward. Its the hypocritical nature of these characters, or people in general, that makes for such a compelling story =03.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks. I've spent a long time doing literary analysis and seeing the writing behind characters/works and I feel that when there's a lot of interesting stuff going on, like there is here and in a few other manga, I get the urge that I need to point it out... @frubam

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane ik i only just read the tl;dr,
but how is our male mc a piece of shit?

I can clearly off the bat see how pretty much every single character so far is.
Maybe a little with the male mc, but not as much compared to everyone else.

I'm just wondering, myb a tl;dr why?

Dex-chan lover
That was a joke. He's really not, it's more of a jab at how everyone is complaining about the characters in the comment section more than anything specific. @silentfx

Double-page supporter
I really wish this came out faster so we could power through it. I'm getting bad vibes of this being dragged way past necessary and on the release schedule currently... I'm really not looking forward to it.

@Narf
remember, when someone fall in love, even poop can taste like chocolate no matter how sensible someone. giving special place for your loved one is kinda instinct yet can become poison later on

If you ever want to lose faith in humanity no matter what kind of person you are, just read this comment section. There is facepalm to be had for people of every stripe.

MC-Kun is sheltering a runaway minor he is unrelated to, it is very kind but also literally a crime and while he might be doing it for the best of reasons that doesn't change this. The Jailbait Is mooching of mckun's kindness and putting him in a legally dangerous position. Being a minor from a probably broken family excuses a lot of this however, because in this situation the adult is expected to be the responsible one. Meanwhile coworker bitch-chan Is actually doing the right thing so far, trying to figure out what the heck is actually going on... sadly she is doing it for the wrong reasons.

Tldr.

MCkun - Doing the wrong thing for what he believes is the right reasons.
Jailbait - Doing the wrong thing out of excusable desperation, is also a minor.
Bitch - Doing the right things so far as far as I can tell... but for the wrong reasons. Gentle reminder that she probably understands mckun could go to jail over this.

Double-page supporter
MC please just smack this bitch on the face and tell her to KYS.
What an annoying hag.

Why am I reading manga off the hennny I aint gonna remmember none of this tomorrow smh

Dex-chan lover
@nfzeta
Oeconomist:
Gotou is doing this after seen to it that Yoshida is excluded from the discussion; Gotou is actively seeking to have the decision made by a vulnerable minor and not by the adult who has taken to heart the interests of that minor. An honest effort would have involved Yoshida and Sayu in discussion together.
nfzeta:
The problem with that is that Yoshida has shown that he's not willing to have that discussion either and she knows how he is. It's clear to see that with him there the conversation would just shut down and that would be it. Maybe even just leaving Sayu to stew in doubt without figuring out anything.
Gotou has not, in fact, pushed as hard on Yoshida as she is doing on Sayu. And, even if he proved to be resistant to having one, implicitly demanding that Sayu, a minor, take adult responsibility remains ethically unacceptable. Gotou is beating on the weakest link exactly and only because she's the weakest link; a she's the weakest link because she's a child.

Dex-chan lover
@IsabellaBellio
why did he had to like such a btch honestly
she has such a bad personality
Well, some of us have made such mistakes. But the answer to your question in terms of story-telling is that making Gotou unsympathetic means that she can be removed as an obstacle without alienating the audience.

I wonder if anyone here reads the LN, honestly if you are getting angry at this part with Gotou i don't want to imagine the reaction when the next character is introduced. Also i think i saw someone asking but the manga cuts some content from the LN as usual, it feels a bit more "shallow" in how it handles the plot and characters.

@Oeconomist -
Well, some of us have made such mistakes.

Ain't that the truth. (several times)

It's strange that a lot of people can't seem to recognize that plenty of people ackowledge that the conversation with Sayu was one that needed to happen, but that it's Gotou's methods, reasons, motivations, approach, and lack of trust that are drawing the bulk of the criticism. That's not even mentioning the power dynamics on display between an adult and a child. A lot also seem to forget the perspective we have as readers viewing the story and fail to consider the situation from the characters perspective.

It's also a bit surprising to me how so many are quick to condemn a child for not acting like an adult, but make excuses for some of the adults acting like children.

At least it makes for some fun small talk, though.

i admit it, reminding Yoshida and Sayu that what they are doing can be seen as crime by society is correct.

but why does Gotou need to exclude Yoshida? isnt it because she wants Sayu to move out on her own accord without having any resistance from Yoshida? in the end she just wanted a win-win solution for herself

including Yoshida in the talk maybe can make disagreement from him, but its important discussion that need all the involved person to understand the situation. if she exclude Yoshida, that means she got ulterior motives in it

Sayu is old enough to have this kind of conversation, she is not toddler or primary schooler anymore

Users who are viewing this thread