I Shaved. Then I Brought a High School Girl Home. - Vol. 4 Ch. 17

@gregger Background checks are to make sure someone can take children in, right? If you know someone for a while, and they're a real stand-up guy who you really admire, I think it can be reasonable to understand why he's giving a childlike Sayu, who's seemingly a victim of her circumstances and her own twisted perspective of self-worth, room to find her bearings and to grow a stable outlook on life again.

He's going along with her wishes of being independent, not handing her to the authorities. It's almost like a young homeless person, in a sense. They may have somewhere to go back to, but really don't want to go back there. Handing her to social aides doesn't necessarily align with what's best for her future, plus she's like 17 you should probably respect her opinion on those matters.

It'd be nice if she could work enough to rent her own house, for a start, maybe start to reconnect with her family down the line. It's something that takes time, you shouldn't punch someone in the face because they're trying to help, while you know nothing of the situation. Sure it could be a hindrance to the child's growth, but if she ran away for good reasons, dragging her back home, letting her in the streets to have sex for shelter, and sending her to a shelter for a whole ass one year before she gets kicked out doesn't seem to be great alternatives either.

I agree with you, though, child abuse is something that makes me furious beyond compare. In this situation, it makes okay sense. If I learned a buddy of mine had sex with a teenager in exchange for food, I'd burn all bridges with em, most likely.

Dex-chan lover
First things first, protag needs to get a restraining order against yandere kouhai.
She is utterly insane. In what universe is kicking a vulnerable girl out into the street just so you can get laid supposed to be indicative of normal behaviour, let alone love?

Fed-Kun's army
I'm starting to worry that the message this story's author wishes to convey is that behind every act of kindness lies an ulterior motive. Whether that is consciously offering shelter in exchange for sex or subconsciously hoping for a romantic relationship instead.

'Normal people' according to Mishima would hide the fact that they're living with someone from the person they love, would stalk the person they love to their house, would lunge teary-eyed at the person they love with no concern for their personal space. Vulnerable people with a history of prostituting their bodies for shelter should be kicked out if it gets in the way of your potentially budding relationship according to Gotou. According to both Mishima and Gotou, adults (or men in particular?) will by some divine decree fall in love with their ward or otherwise lust after their body (which we've already seen a little of with the "What man wouldn't be aroused?" line by Yoshida).

Worst of all, Yoshida is realizing how precious Sayu is to him, and I don't think the author wants that love to be familial. Him becoming romantically attracted to Sayu would confirm Gotou and Mishima's fears and would solidify the message I dread this story is trying to tell.

I really hope this isn't the way the plot will go, because that message is so pessimistic and destructive.

Users who are viewing this thread