Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san - Vol. 10 Ch. 74 - That's the kind of slide I expect from you, Senpai

Fed-Kun's army
@z3c9 it wasn't even a mistranslation. Riajuu translates directly to "Normalfag".
Riajuu is the insult against normal people used by 2chan trolls. 2chan is the Japanese equivalent to 4chan.
Normalfag is the insult against normal people used by 4chan trolls.

My only complaint is they should have made a translation note explaining how high quality their translation actually was.

Man, the girls are awesome for helping Senpai out. They always look a bit mean, but they are really good-hearted! Also, I can kinda understand where Senpai is coming from, but really, she is enjoying it, get out there!

Supporter
I suppose Nagatoro and the rest of the cool girls don't wear helmets as a measure of rebelliousness, because they're not stylish, or whatever other reason a teenager might come up with; though Yoshi is probably just following Gamo's behavior. For some reason, without glasses, Senpai's demeanor seems even more subdued. Nagatoro was being pretty light on him though, even after he rejected her invitation for the night time skiing. This is another chapter where it feels like Nao's determination is going in reverse, especially considering the last chapter; he's back to barely being able to look anyone in the eye while explaining himself, and doing so in the most sheepish, flaccid manner. How many times do the loyal wing-girls need to instill some confidence in him? You know you're embarrassingly bad at something, but the girl just keeps hanging out with you anyways, wanting you to have fun with the experience; catch a clue, Paisen.

These friends of Nao's though: I feel like it's practically impossible that they would have absolutely no idea about Hayase and her friends being involved with him on some level, especially during the art club competition. It's like the author just threw them in as an afterthought, without considering the history. Or, maybe it's just that I can't remember them ever being mentioned before; I didn't read through the 400 or so comments before writing this.

@DevLogger "I didn't read through the 400 or so comments before writing this." Probably for the best.

As for the rest... (spoiler to avoid clutter more than anything):
we haven't seen these (Nao-kun's friends) characters before as far as I know, nor have they been mentioned, outside of Senpai proclaiming he does in fact have friends in response to being teased at some point (I think I remember something like that). They might not go to the same school, and/or have a complete disinterest in his art club activities [or the author wanted to introduce new friends and never came up with a good reason why we never saw them before so ignored the issue]. Part of me thinks that the reason for his "backpeddaling" a bit (though honestly that just makes him seem more human) is because of those friends being around.

It's one thing to express some extra courage when you're alone with the girl. It's another to do the same with an audience (especially an audience you know personally), or while trying not to recreate the Enigma of Amigara Fault while learning to ski (knowing that you'll meet up with said audience that will pester you with questions once you're done, and not having your glasses tapping to hide behind because skiing with glasses is a recipe for disaster).

"Come on senpai, everyone's good at something!" "Art! I'm good at art!"

Is it just me or was there an un-shown time skip or something? Where did sempai's friends come from? He had friends? He name is Nao? Isn't Nao a girl's name? How did they end up on a skiing trip?

@Jahangir I know right? there should have been at least 14 chapters of bus fares and senpai development before realism ppl come crying about helmets they shoulda worn. As for the friends, parents probably paid for them.

Supporter
@Tsenzei Yeah I know, I know; it's just I keep hoping for Senpai to have a badass moment without being prompted in any way, lol. I can't even remember if something like that ever occurred before. Just grab Hayase by the shoulders and proclaim loudly "I fucking love you, bitch!"; probably won't ever happen.🤡

@literallyamazing I'm not really policing anything. No one is really forcing you to do anything; that's practically impossible. The best I can do is apply social pressure by expressing my disapproval. Obviously, others have done the same. Whether that matters to you or not is... well, that's up to you, isn't it?

@Petnavis I'm really doing no such thing. What I'm actually doing is not using the word at all. Certainly, when it occurs, I point out that it isn't great and we could use an alternative instead. I would suggest that the people doing the enshrining are the people who are obsessed with forcing the issue re: the usage of the word. I am much less up in arms about the usage of the word than you are of me (quite mildly) criticizing its use.

To each their own.

Users who are viewing this thread