Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san - Vol. 11 Ch. 79 - What is it, Senpai?

I can't believe it took 79 chapters just so we can get just a little bit of what his name is. Nao-something. That's character development right there.

So hardwork overcoming natural talent and natural talent not knowing how to deal with it... why does this sound familiar?

Dex-chan lover
@Visa

Latest chapter explains her reaction, Senpai unknowingly struck a nerve. Nagatoro went on to convince her Senpai to work anyway, now the latter gonna uno reverse. Whether she wins the fight or not is no the goal, but that if Nagatoro still enjoy judo, then she just need to stop mopping about her loss and go back training. Having hobby/goal like judo would do her good in her life than shouldering a regret.

the lasses
Bfo55w4.png

it's weird how some translators are super attached to that old word and will jump at the chance to use it at every opportunity rather than just properly translate to "normie"

I hope they include this in the anime although that will mean they gonna have to skip some chapters

I don't even need to open the comments to know there'll be a shit-ton of complaining over the use of normalfag.

Group Leader
Imagine being triggered by the word normalfag lmao.

On a more important note, reading Kengan Omega judo fights and this manga’s judo fights next to each other is a perfect combo

@Reqqles yeah you're right. I definitely wrote that after I got no sleep and was feeling grumpy. Definitely too early to say if what I stated will happen. That being said, I feel like Nags attitude is, "boo hoo, a girl who is an Olympian, who I personally helped to get her to that level is better than me now. So I'm not gonna compete anymore." That's dumb. I get that she used to be better than her, and she is younger so it may be a bit disheartening, but cmon, you are personally responsible for creating A FUTURE FREAKING OLYMPIAN! if you don't feel proud about that, and that pride doesn't push you to try harder than you are a super fragile human. I never got this impression from her before. That being said, maybe the author will suggest that her bullying senpai was just her projecting her emotions of inadequacy upon him. That would be good. That being said, if the author even has her score a point on the Olympian girl, that would be idiotic. I'm a former college wrestler. The guys ranked top 10 in the nation, (the ones who get invited to try out for the Olympic team) are consistently sooooooooo much better than everyone else. Now let's say Nags spent 6 days a week, 4 hours a day practicing judo, than I'd be okay with her maybe scoring a lucky point. We know this isn't the case. She's usually with senpai, or on school trips. What I'm saying is she should definitely get wrecked in her match with olympic girl. I don't think this'll be the case. But yeah, too soon to say

Dex-chan lover
@Nikosgarofola I see where you're coming from, but I think this is not the direction this arc is gonna go.
Up till now when it came to athletic events Nagatoro was shown to be great without even trying, whether it's showing off her moves to senpai, skiing, or having matches with her friends & senpai.
She's not shown to get particularly serious about any one pursuit/skill (not counting her possessiveness towards senpai) and now she's facing off against someone who did dedicate themselves, to judo.
Maybe Nagatoro is realizing what she's missed out on by going this jack-of-all-trades route, or maybe she struggles to deal with the idea of her talent alone not measuring up to hard work and dedication (like Agon in Eyeshield 21). I think the focus will be more on Nagatoro facing her shortcomings rather than getting off a lucky win.

That said, just to hedge my bets: if she does win there's likely be some kind of distraction or gag involved that allows her to get the upper hand lol

Users who are viewing this thread