Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san - Vol. 16 Ch. 124 - Senpai, I accept your challenge!!

Dex-chan lover
They both already know. It isn't about knowing or not. It is about how sweet those words are going to sound for them when they hear it. Or how exciting that kiss is going to be. After doing their absolute best. What they don't know, is that the other one is still definitely going to confess/kiss even if they fail. They might know that they are going to do it regardless, but they still likely believe that the other one won't do it. They might suspect it, but they don't know for sure. So their motivations are still high, they can't take that risk. Considering that one of the main themes of this series is watching two flawed characters have a positive impact on each other as they fall in love, this is very in-line with the story and I don't have a bad thing to say about it. They are still way ahead of where Kaguya-Sama was when they were at chapter 124. And that is pretty unanimously seen as the best romcom in this medium. So I am going to trust Nanashi and trust the process. Enjoy the journey.
I dunno about that one chief. The confession in yancha gal no anjou san was pretty dope and they didn't wait for some arbitrary goal to happen. It's like seto said "I keep saying one day but when will that day be? Am I going to wait and let the moment pass me by?" Based on previous chapters Nagatoro gets it and she's fine with moving forward despite not beating the judo girl. It's naoto that's dragging it out.

I have no doubt the desired result will happen but with the payout being so defined, what's going to happen afterwards? Will the confession be the end? Where else can they go from there. If the story ends after the confession that's going to be kinda disappointing.

Dex-chan lover
I get the idea but ive never understood the concept of "I have to accomplish X thing before I confess to you!" in manga when it's already been established that both people are already crazy about each other. Would losing an art contest or losing to someone in judo somehow invalidate their feelings? I know it's filler but it just doesn't make sense given the circumstances lol.
I guess one reason for it could be that they try to force themselves to confess by acomplish something because they still can't bring themselves to actually say the words and this way they kind of enter into a contract with themselves.

It is kind of weird that often times the trope is implemented at a time where it is clearly obvious to both of them that they like each other tho. Because in this case it feels more like it is stopping them from doing it earlier than helping them doing it later, but on the other hand this way it helps them to accomplish their goal so it's kind of a win

I dunno about that one chief. The confession in yancha gal no anjou san was pretty dope and they didn't wait for some arbitrary goal to happen. It's like seto said "I keep saying one day but when will that day be? Am I going to wait and let the moment pass me by?" Based on previous chapters Nagatoro gets it and she's fine with moving forward despite not beating the judo girl. It's naoto that's dragging it out.

I have no doubt the desired result will happen but with the payout being so defined, what's going to happen afterwards? Will the confession be the end? Where else can they go from there. If the story ends after the confession that's going to be kinda disappointing.
Nagatoro is NOT fine with not beating Orihara. She literally gave up on her passion because of it. What part of that is okay? It is so easy to overlook Nagatoro's character arc due to how impressive Naoto's is. But when we first meet her, I would honestly say she was depressed. Lost her passion, bored of boys, I have other posts that go into greater detail or I can go into greater detail if you really want. But beating Orihara is very important to her. She represents a demon in her life that she needs to overcome.

Also, the only things we are waiting on are the physical aspects. These two have not been waiting on a confession for all the most important parts of a relationship. So "waiting" on a confession to kiss really doesn't bother me. We have been watching them dating as a couple for at least the last 50 chapters (some say zoo, some say shrine visit, but aquarium at the LEAST) so a confession doesn't even feel required at all. Them doing it is literally just to help motivate them to further improve themselves. I'm for it.

Dex-chan lover
good for senpai! emotional abuse is the 2nd best way to keep your girl at home.
it's satisfying to see the power dynamic reverse. lots of mangas do the takagi-san thing where for no reason, just to keep the chapters coming i guess, the man never ever takes on his role that everything should be pushing him towards.
i guess the "is this opaque manga water" mystery from last chapter is resolved. still goofy.

Dex-chan lover
damn bro her face almost became what his looked like in chapter 1

many rare faces this chap

That misunderstanding scared the sh*t out of me, it was obviously a misunderstanding, but I thought she would run away or something and things would get tangled again, but this turned out just fine, thanks Nanashi

Group Leader
kjzd7z.gif

Dex-chan lover
No progress at all. Naoto is such an idiot. Or rather, he's quite the guy, but the author's need to stretch this fucking thing as much as possible is affecting the characters' traits.

Dex-chan lover
I get that it's building up for a climax, but the manga way of going "it needs to be a milestone for thing to happen" is getting really tiresome to me.

There's no use dawdling with feelings. Even more so when it's this apparent.

This reeks of Rent-a-Girlfriend with the braindead "investigation" arc, but with a better justification.

Users who are viewing this thread