Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san - Vol. 3 Ch. 22 - Senpai! Let's go to the sea~!!

Dex-chan lover
@Talismaster :
Yeah, That's true that the MC and the other characters change (and it's a very nice part of the manga). So I understand your point of view.
After reflexion, what bothered me the most was that in my mind the MC was kind of a "normal guy". Shy and without a lot of friends, but kind of normal anyway (because we never see him go on internet's forums nor use internet slang before). For me, I classify "Normalfag" as something only people who are often on Internet (and particularly site like 4chan) would say and I would expect these type of people to use more internet reference in everyday life. I wasn't prepared to see him use this word suddenly.
But it's not something impossible, so I'm still ok with that.

@frapco :
"If you're not happy, make a better translation"... Or we can just give constructed criticism that'll help others to improve.
"Shut your mouth or do it your way" is a poor mentality. Nobody's perfect and it's very rare that someone can do something flawlessly alone. I prefer "Work together to make something better" (that's why scantrads are often a team of peoples). If I can help them in some ways, why should I restrain myself?

Note that I said "constructed criticism" and "work together". Bashing, complaining without explaining or stealing work is not something good.

Dex-chan lover
@Clad95150
"After reflexion, what bothered me the most was that in my mind the MC was kind of a "normal guy". Shy and without a lot of friends, but kind of normal anyway (because we never see him go on internet's forums nor use internet slang before). For me, I classify "Normalfag" as something only people who are often on Internet (and particularly site like 4chan) would say and I would expect these type of people to use more internet reference in everyday life. I wasn't prepared to see him use this word suddenly."
Umm... Normal people don't get bullied so badly, they learn how to cope with it by being in absolute solitude at school. It's established very early on in the series that he's a loser virgin that doesn't have the guts to casually hit on girls, even in pretend scenarios. He can't settle his own feelings and draw a girl if he starts feeling perverted. He watches lewd ecchi anime while at school. He bought super interesting manga like ToLoveRu to school because there was a nude bath chapter in it. He literally walks like the loser in the Chad Thundercock memes. He sits by himself in the cafeteria. He gets bullied by girls, obviously. He drew what is essentially fanfiction of himself and the girl he likes. If you did that to a girl and your affection was a one-sided, unrequited one, I'm sure most people would be disgusted in one way or another.

Without Nagatoro fawning over him, he's definitely, at LEAST the stereotype of the loser otaku virgin. If you keep that in mind, it's not hard to imagine him as an "incel" type. He's just not the "super drastic too-far-gone" type incel that stomps around saying he'll only date virgins or other trash, or a high level otaku that shamelessly wears anime merchandise clothing everywhere.

"Yeah, That's true that the MC and the other characters change (and it's a very nice part of the manga)."
All that aside, yeah, it's good character development. Nice, cutesy baby steps, compared to original, relentless Nagatoro.

Edited because I don't understand the quote function, it seems.

Dem tanlines.

Oh, the normalfag thing: The term itself is fine. It just doesn't seem to fit all that well in this, out of the blue like that. Otherwise, whatever.

zn7klg.jpg

That’s quite the plumber’s crack on her friend there.

Considering what this manga is about, I'm kinda amused people didn't expect the word to be in it. It's just a word, relax.

Kek @ people getting triggered by "normalfag" I just found it hilarious. Also wasn't mangadex literally made by 4chan anons?

The translator is absolutely based in telling snowflakes off. Jeez, all these people are just trying to make this place the new Bato.to, screw that.

Dex-chan lover
Just here to confirm that the majority of the comments are about exactly what I thought they'd be about, keep up the good work butthurt people and those who engage them in conversation as if they aren't talking to a brick wall.

BASED S.T.A.L.K.E.R. as always.
Also lel at the difference between Nagatoro and her friend's tit sizes.
DFC4lyf

Normal fag is like when mangastream thought adding "fuck" in every third word was good translation

That's gunna be a yikes from me chief

リア充 translates 1:1 to normalfag and nothing else. They're 100% equivalent terms, and only normalfags themselves would ever argue against that.

Dex-chan lover
Nagatoro's friends better check themselves before they wreck themselves. Whenever they mess with Senpai too much, they come closer to getting their eyes scratched out.

Users who are viewing this thread