I'll Become a Villainess That Will Go Down in History: The More Villainous I Become, the More the Prince Dotes on Me - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

tysm for the update, translators! I really love the 'villainess' of this manga, she's so smart yet so dense at the same time! My favorite combo lmao. Though I mean technically I can sort of see the logic in this specific case.. in order for her to seem like a villain to the nobility class, she has to go against them and this method seems like the most obvious way to do it despite how heroic she must sound to anyone with a decent heart.. Which the king actually seems to have, if he's listening to her and not punishing her for her impudence against nobles! The characters are so charming and Alicia is so cute, can't wait for the next chap <3

Dex-chan lover
Ugh... I really want to like it. But the progression...and the pacing...they're so bad 😑

she's cute but a little too Mary Sue, even in these types of stories. like does she HAVE to be a morally upright, kind, caring person through and through? I wouldn't even mind but her only flaw is sooo paper flimsy. she thinks she's being a bad person when she's being a good one. wow how humble and innocent of her. I wish she could have actual flaws instead of something so obviously put there to be one. and why is the Prince's name Duke????? that is so weird lmao. sounds like Prince Lower Noble to me, might as well name him Prince Prince at this point 😂 thanks for the chapter!

Group Leader
@anondeplume by that logic, everyone on earth is a villain because there's always someone who will hate your choices and reasons for acting.

she hasn't been talking about becoming a villainess for nobles. That's not what they "villainess" role is.

I'm saying that this at this point in the story (hopefully it changes, I think spoilers say she will) this is setting up for that bs "I'm going to be a real villainess! I'm not going to play nice girl because I LOVE villainesses and I want to be That Bitch!" And instead the story bends itself backwards to convince you her kind, noble, ethically pure actions are actually evil. That shit sucks. It's boring. If you're gonna be a proud villain, do that, but don't pretend feeding the poor and taxing the wealthy is evil just because someone won't like it.

Dex-chan lover
@Lemongrassv You spend enough time on the political side of Twitter, you’ll come to see that, yes indeed, everyone on earth is some kind of villain. Twitter is exhausting.

@hedgemoney you can get married at 16 in about three quarters of the wold, you know? Maybe it's more of a case of being opinionated instead of a nation begin "backwards"?

---

Eh, cliché "kiss for some contrived reason while she's unconsciuos" scene is cliché... pretty standard fare for the listed demographic. Were it a shoujo it would probably be drawn explicitly instead of a kissing discretion shot.
The age gap too is quite standard fare.

Why are you all up in arms? This is pretty common stuff in a work targeted to women.

@En_Ma age gap is standard fare, but it's usually up at something like 12 and 16 year old, not a 6 year old and a 10 yearold.or something. That is still creepy regardless

you know i saw this come up and i was like didn't i read this before? totally forgot to bookmark it last time!!!!!! awesome sauce!!!

Users who are viewing this thread