I'll Save This Damned Family!

Aww. Chucks. :(
Well, thank you so much for the chapters until now. Your effort was very appreciated.

The manhwa is very interesting, so I hope that another team continues it.

Fed-Kun's army
i have alr read until 30+ chapters in my first language and this story is very very interesting
how the FL focused on her goal and her spirit is very fascinating
this isn’t your typical isekai story, this is one-of-a-kind!

I'm glad that she's one of the few fat characters that doesn't just shed the weight overnight. It really shows her slow battle properly.

Dex-chan lover
one of the best fat characters I read, yes her goal is to lose weight but its not the forefront of the story or done in a time skip. So we get to see an overweight character lead the story so far, and she is gaining friends and respect now instead of after her weight loss and its really refreshing in that regard.

(also the artist is pretty good at drawing overweight characters, like she is drawn with rolls (without corset) instead of just a round belly)

I really like the MC's concept, it's not something nonsense like sudden body goal overnight or sudden plastic surgery and glowing silky hair.

It's still early (c12) but the way she kept eating sweets whenever she's thinking about what to do and what happened are pretty pissed me off. Those maid and father knew she's trying to lose weight but kept serving sweet to her, and she didn't strictly rejected it and ate some, not little. In addition, Idk what kind of prince is that, jack all of trades? At least he shouldn't directly involve into being beaten just to pick some information (or does he not have an excellent subordinate? Also said "your highness" why there's no codename? I really believe it's all for sake of first meeting and impression of ML towards MC)

The story isn't bad tho

Thank you for the translation! Everything from the art, the plot, to character development seems to be interesting in the story— so I’m glad to see it gain momentum

hopefully this version of the piggy duchess wont be axes because it looks the best among the 4 i have read so far

Group Leader
IT'S ALL THE SAME. SAME PLOT, SAME SUMMARY, SAME SHIT. HOW DOES NO ONE CALL THIS OUT YET? 7/10 KOREAN MANHWA I STUMBLE UPON IS FUCKING, "oh i got reincarnated as a noble and now i get mari to duke/duke liked meh" wtf man?

Group Leader
@Uthred
The villainess genre doesn't have to be filled with copies.
Have you heard of the isekai "genre". Same shit there too

Contributor
@RimuruXD:

The pedant in me is compelled to point out that this is an isekai—and indeed, not a "villainess" story. The point of which goes slightly beyond the mere pedantry: This is pretty much precisely the isekai-ish self-insert genre that is shoujo's equivalent to shounen's video-game nonsense.

To the literal question of "why" these are everywhere: I've always assumed it's the by-product of everything being web-novel based now. Web-novel authors for instance usually don't have editors to say: "No, the market for that is really saturated already, why not try something else"; instead everyone copies each other freely, and a lot of them are completely lost by the wayside (but at no cost to the publisher), and the ones that do rise to the top (which is kind of a lowest-common-denominator-appeal thing to some extent) end up getting additional forms of media. Thus, all this *gestures broadly*.

The corollary is that most of them are, although never to be mistaken for a masterpiece, actually pretty enjoyable—if they're one's cup of tea—even as one starts not being able to remember the differences between them and they all blur together... The uninteresting ones usually don't survive this far. And so it's not necessarily unprofitable, despite the saturation. So why stop making them?

I'm not saying they have any literary merit, of course (though some do, but it's obvious that that... hasn't been the key to success in these genres). The key components of these sub-genres are being easy to write, easy to digest, and also prone to produce relatively interesting results even when the writing gets sloppy. XD

Users who are viewing this thread