I'm a Villainous Daughter, so I'm going to keep the Last Boss - Vol. 2 Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
Well, it may or may not be self-selecting when you pick otherworlders from people who are fans of games.

Or rather, when you're isekai'd into a game world, if you carry over the same behavior you have when playing a game normally, chances are you'd end up acting like a deluded psychopath.
"NPCs and mobs are just robots meant to satisfy you, not thinking, feeling beings."
"This world is made solely for your enjoyment."
"You have the power and freedom to do anything you want in this world."

These are generally the driving feelings of villainous otherworlders, which are especially prevalent in Heroines due to the nature of Otome games. Overlord and Shield Hero both deconstruct this gamer mentality quite thoroughly.

Of course, the fundamental difference between these characters and the good otherworlders is that it's possible to actually care about a character for their own sake. In which case, the most representative response I can think of is embodied by Endo and Kobayashi's Live Commentary on the Villainess, where their response to becoming technical gods is "LET'S MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY END."

Dex-chan lover
what's the latest raw chap?

and which is better in a transported/migrated villainess story,
a similarly transported/migrated heroin or
an innocent original inhabitant from the isekai?

Fed-Kun's army
The WN is pretty short and well translated, so if you guys like this story I totally recommend you read it XD the next chapter will be VERY SATISFYING!!

Dex-chan lover
@mitsuki48 Actually the WN's quite long. The translation has finished the 1st WN arc so far; the WN has 5 arcs. (Btw WN Arc 1 about corresponds to LN Vol 1).
https://ncode.syosetu.com/n2766dz/

Author needs time to decide how to handle the future of the series though.

Thot used charm, Charm was ineffective. Demon lord casts BEGON THOT, Super Effective.

Meo

Double-page supporter
Also why are these antagonistic reincarnated otome/novel MC always trying to form a harem? I mean, at the end she can only marry one person. They aren't exactly living in a world where she can just wrap these guys around her fingers forever. The end of the game is basically the ultimate multiple choice to the beginning of her life.

Dex-chan lover
@icarushector
He was referring to a WN/LN named Dragoon. The MC was supposed to be the main villain of the story but he decided to become a dragon knight instead and the world tried and failed to correct the story path in increasingly drastic ways. It is a great series that has been completely translated.

Dex-chan lover
@Dantrig oh, thanks! Is the prose any good? I've tried a couple of times to read fan translations but whether because the original writing was weak or the translation was clunky, it was just an unpleasant experience.

Dex-chan lover
@icarushector
I wouldn't really call it prose since it is a web/light novel. The translator is very good and has a lot of experience. And the author has a few other published series. It runs into the same problems any long series does. I can recomend the series. It doesn't take itself too seriously there is lots of comedy, but also some tragedy. Its been a few years since I finished it.

Ah. So she basically charmed Cedric. Well, this all works out. She can have Cedric and Aileen gets the Demon King. Everyone's perfectly happy!

Users who are viewing this thread