Claire François (future wife)

Element Affinity​

Water
Earth

Weapon​

Wand
This mofo just straight up write a wiki page here for Misha to see

Dex-chan lover
Hmmm.... That place still enemy territory but people in ground floor just talking normally, not secure the area.

Then misha in danger, only yu can hear. Then enemy leader? shown. Yu wounded. But Misha didn't call for backup. Just talking again.

No wonder enemies easily invade and hide. Security beyond dumb. I guess conquer this country is just a piece of cake.

Aggregator gang
I know there were only a few people questioning it, but it's important to consider Misha's POV when it comes to wondering why she's now showing hesitation and distrust to Rei. I'm writing this as someone who has little knowledge of the specifics up ahead (by which I mean, I have no idea what the actual dialog will be like), so don't be surprised if this is what their conversation revolves around... though I'll block the section off in spoiler just in case.

First, your normally reserved best friend is suddenly a lot more bubbly and outgoing, magically happening at one of the earliest days at the academy. Not only that, she's constantly fawning over one of the most royal attendees at the school, even to the point she got hired as a maid purely to stay near her at all times. Alright, that's a little weird, but other than that she still has inklings of her usual self in there, so you're still hanging out bein BFFs.

Then, when strange/climactic events start occurring, she somehow happens to know the answer/exit/both to circumvent catastrophes. One time would be whatever, but having it be consistent and forewarning others at that? Nah, something's gotta be up, right? Finally, when (one of) the most dangerous opponents show up and was about to memory wipe you after spilling a bit of beans and hints at said friend's secret, her magical bracelet she strangely alluded to being a lucky item breaks, and causes the assassin to run off, thus saving you. Wouldn't you, at this point, start to wonder what the heck is going on too?

This arc touches upon - or just outright states in the case of Yu's transness - numerous topics and themes, but the next primary focus is on the ramification Rei's game knowledge has had, rapidly accelerating or outright warping events from their supposed predestination that she's scrambling to accommodate for now. Remember, Misha's smart - VERY smart, likely the smartest of the group if we're purely accounting on raw intelligence. Not only could she have easily picked up on some of the minutiae quirks regarding the Rei from before and the Rei now, she likely kept these occurrences at the back of her mind until something huge caused her to get put into inquiring about who, or what, the best friend is.

I understand this arc's squarely focused on other people and not the relationship aspect, but I find it to be pretty integral in not just fleshing out the world, especially with aspects even Rei's just now learning herself, but also the progression of several characters this has been affecting - beforehand, Misha was just the straight man to offset the comedy (or sometimes be the comedy), so having an arc focused on her keeping things in check for Yu while also juggling all these feelings and suspicions is, honestly, a fascinating way to continue the story after the Summer Vacation stuff.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I like how this manga doesn't fully shy away from or sweep away this problem with isekai character possession protagonists. Namely that they're just a skinwalker that stole someone's body and mind. Looking forward to when someone does a story where a mob character pov of this occurring. Imagine if one day your friend just suddenly magically knew stuff that was going to happen, has a sudden change in interests / preferences and was an overall different person out of nowhere.

Aggregator gang
Misha:
"Our reports showed a massive anomaly in the timespace continuum.
Timelines jumping left and right, stopping and starting. . .
Until suddenly, everything ends.
Heh heh heh. . .
That's your fault, isn't it?"

Dex-chan lover
Misha:
"Our reports showed a massive anomaly in the timespace continuum.
Timelines jumping left and right, stopping and starting. . .
Until suddenly, everything ends.
Heh heh heh. . .
That's your fault, isn't it?"
E E E E. EEEEEEE. EEE E EE EEE

Did Misha really refer to Yuu as "Lady" in public in front of a hypnotised person? Did the assassin really refer to Yuu as "she"? I thought her original gender was supposed to be a secret.
Okay so spoilers.... That might not be a spoiler.

The thing is the mask guy knows about yuu real gender because of their ties in the royal religious family matters. But stupid on their and Misha's part shouting it out loud but for Misha it's out of habit. for a long time, she has always known who Yuu was and which she has always considered herself but I think it's just reflex at this point. For the mask... ahem... I don't know why they made that error. That would just pinpoint their identity much closer since not a lot know about that fact about Yuu's curse.

Double-page supporter
Yeah Lily, where have you been :huh:

I'm almost in the same boat, I've read the novel, but don't remember this part in specific
well, time to read it again I guess
For real. I was wondering if this was manga original

Dex-chan lover
feels like a mini arc just to push the plot toward Rei spilling the beans.. :pacman:
and also put some conflict between princes..

kinda nice but pretty trippy to see the changes made from the ln to the manga

Rei, its time to Cut your friendship with Misha. She clearly trust the person that attacked her more than you
i dunno man, if my friend started suddenly acting differently out of nowhere, i'd have my suspicions, but i highly doubt she has suspicions purely because of what that guy said, that's really stretching it..

Last edited:
So far it was treated as biggest Secret and in no scenario it was revealed no matter what it was, but now she instantly blurted it out.. since the Reader is now aware of it, it's being treated less strict is my point
Well, it's not like it can stay a secret forever? Nor that it should stay a secret forever, I always find that to be poor writing in the more serious isekai, why the hell not tell someone you know and trust about it?? (Especially if the world you're in has literal magic.) A whole other life is one hell of a burden to carry on your own shoulders by yourself, forever! Well, that and this manga actually cares about, ya'know, plot progression that actually effects the characters.

• Strike
Reactions: Tlo
I know there were only a few people questioning it, but it's important to consider Misha's POV when it comes to wondering why she's now showing hesitation and distrust to Rei. I'm writing this as someone who has little knowledge of the specifics up ahead (by which I mean, I have no idea what the actual dialog will be like), so don't be surprised if this is what their conversation revolves around... though I'll block the section off in spoiler just in case.

First, your normally reserved best friend is suddenly a lot more bubbly and outgoing, magically happening at one of the earliest days at the academy. Not only that, she's constantly fawning over one of the most royal attendees at the school, even to the point she got hired as a maid purely to stay near her at all times. Alright, that's a little weird, but other than that she still has inklings of her usual self in there, so you're still hanging out bein BFFs.

Then, when strange/climactic events start occurring, she somehow happens to know the answer/exit/both to circumvent catastrophes. One time would be whatever, but having it be consistent and forewarning others at that? Nah, something's gotta be up, right? Finally, when (one of) the most dangerous opponents show up and was about to memory wipe you after spilling a bit of beans and hints at said friend's secret, her magical bracelet she strangely alluded to being a lucky item breaks, and causes the assassin to run off, thus saving you. Wouldn't you, at this point, start to wonder what the heck is going on too?

This arc touches upon - or just outright states in the case of Yu's transness - numerous topics and themes, but the next primary focus is on the ramification Rei's game knowledge has had, rapidly accelerating or outright warping events from their supposed predestination that she's scrambling to accommodate for now. Remember, Misha's smart - VERY smart, likely the smartest of the group if we're purely accounting on raw intelligence. Not only could she have easily picked up on some of the minutiae quirks regarding the Rei from before and the Rei now, she likely kept these occurrences at the back of her mind until something huge caused her to get put into inquiring about who, or what, the best friend is.

I understand this arc's squarely focused on other people and not the relationship aspect, but I find it to be pretty integral in not just fleshing out the world, especially with aspects even Rei's just now learning herself, but also the progression of several characters this has been affecting - beforehand, Misha was just the straight man to offset the comedy (or sometimes be the comedy), so having an arc focused on her keeping things in check for Yu while also juggling all these feelings and suspicions is, honestly, a fascinating way to continue the story after the Summer Vacation stuff.
bro, exactly, you understand! thank you for this wonderfully worded post

Dex-chan lover
Is this weird "in joke" kinda back and fourth kinda trying to imply that lilly is the assasin? What is the point of this?
To be honest there is no point I just wanted to make that comment because that person also read the LN 😕
And yes we're trying to imply that she is the masked "man"

Users who are viewing this thread