I'm in Love with the Villainess - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Days as a Maid

Dex-chan lover
@reu @Fredthefishlord
A job she blackmailed her way into. (See point number 4)

Enjoying fiction is one thing, but if lots of people in the audience can't see that it would be unethical in real life, then there may be a problem with how the situation is being framed in the narrative.

Even if I wouldn't judge someone for enjoying Hannibal, I wouldn't expect them to say, "Oh, it's not so bad, they actually really care about those people."

Dex-chan lover
This is the true descontruction of Otome genre
I`m surprise the minimal intervention of the man of the supposed game.
That help a lot because Rei and Claire relationship advance quickly

Dex-chan lover
In reality, only for love to be able to put up with her behavior. Well, Rei also is not like ur average person too.
Being Tsun is one thing but her pride will be the biggest obstacle for sure. Fight on Rei!

@RoperoT Did we read the same chapter 4? She heavily implied knowledge of his doings. "Irvine Manuel, 3rd of March, 50000 gold." This implies she has knowledge of either his business deals, or something shady going on that he is involved in. Even if the father isn't actually involved in illegal doings, she obviously has knowledge of something he doesn't want out there...that's blackmail at worst, a bribe at best.

Aggregator gang
You know its good when the readers have sensible debates over a non-existent character. That aside, anyone with me that Claire-sama is pretty but she's prettier without the drills?

Also, @iskaeil ReporoT is right. It isn't a blackmail of sorts.
She only said that to get his attention. They actually had a civil conversation with Rei laying out her points to Dor and explaining to him her plan which made the guy say yes to her proposal of being Claire's maid. He fully consented to Rei being appointed to the job.

@reu Just because it's part of your job to take a bath with your employer, does NOT mean you are allowed to stare at their body and make them uncomfortable. You are paid to do the opposite of that. If I pay someone for a massage that involves me taking my clothes off, it is their job to not make me uncomfortable during that process. If they made passing comments on how "beautiful" I was that had a sexual or flirtatious undertone, I could rightfully report them to management for that behavior. Would they be fired? Probably not, although I prob would get a discount or a refund. But if they had a history of reports and I posted on yelp about it, they very well could be. Don't act like Claire is "asking for it" for that part of this chapter just because her father is employing Rei...

I don't really have a problem with her other activities. By all accounts, she didn't really cross the line for me until the bathing portion. I never said that Rei following her in public was outright a crime, although in modern day she could definitely get a restraining order and make it a crime. I don't even have an issue with her waiting for Claire to sleep. But tbh staring at a woman's body, implying sexual attraction, and then having to cave and allow someone to wash their hair just to stop being badgered by them is...not okay. She should be allowed to be vulnerable, naked, and bathe in peace without having to worry about covering up because someone can't help but stop and stare...Rei could have kept her eyes on her hair or turned her gaze away from Claire's front, the other maid was bathing her body anyway...the STARING along with the comments, not sharing a bath, is the issue I have.

The last speech bubble in last page from claire: "...好きになさいな" translate to "do as you please" kinda deviate from the author idea to convey Claire's insecurities?

Dex-chan lover
@simplechild
Its not like Rei is trying to get Claire to fall in love with her, shes just expressing her love.

Rei isnt expecting to be loved back, shes just enjoying being with Claire.

Where does it say that Rei is trying to win Claire's love? Cause I dont see it.

Dex-chan lover
god she has a pervert as a maid
but I understand, I'd be the same, Claire is a fucking beauty, plus she's cute too

MC is def a chad tho, and dunno but her face pg 31 panel 2 seems a bit sad for some reason.
thanks for the chapter

Users who are viewing this thread