I'm in Love with the Villainess - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - To be a Lily

goodd people here are writing paragraph lmao 😂

I just wanna say thankk youuu translator take some rest and take care of your health THANK YOU <3

Supporter
Wow Ixouldnt even imagine how good this one is! Thank you for pocking this up, translation team! 🙏🙏🙏♥️♥️♥️

Double-page supporter
That gender and sexuality discussion was actually incredibly well thought out. Honestly, I was expecting much from the premise, but I fucking adore this manga.

Thanks for the translations and all your hard work!

this is actually rlly sad isnt it, i thought it would be some wholesome yuri but now my feels have been hit,

Rei actually goes harder on this later in the LN.

Basically a lot of the LN spends time shitting on Japan's view of homosexuality and how she passes plays a huge part in that as well. The book is basically one giant middle finger to Japanese society masquerading as a cute isekai yuri romance

Also for those curious. Gender comes up more and a trans character does come into play soon. You already know them

And for the confused. Claire overheard the mean girls and fucked them up. That wasn't Rei who got hit with something

Dex-chan lover
@beeaggro that’s a little misleading as the character in question
had their gender magically changed against their will when they were little and simply want to return to what they were biologically born as.
I could just as easily see people argue it’s an anti example.

images

ARE YOU A HOMOSEXUAL

Dex-chan lover
@undeadclown it's not misleading at all
there's 3 transgender characters in this story and Rae explains each time that they have gender dysphoria. Joel in particular is given the curse intentionally to help her since there's no hormones prescriptions in this world and the like

As a gay person I was extremely (and pleasantly) surprised by this chapter. I wish more media (western or eastern) took this view instead of making gay people always the butt of the joke. It's a lot better than it was in the past, but the fact that this chapter surprised me, and even had to include the topic of gay people being seen as predatory towards 'straight' (I don't think claire is straight so I added the apostrophe thingies) shows that there's still more to be improved upon. Love this manga Ɛ>

Dex-chan lover
@NinjaGoemon why do you spell her name like that (R-A-E instead of R-E-I)? Is it like that in the official translation or something (still haven't gotten one since out of stock so can't check)?

Having read the webnovel I can def. say that the author takes on themes of gender and gender dysphoria in a very pleaseant way that makes you think there is still some hope for humanity.

Users who are viewing this thread