Isekai Mahou wa Okureteru! - Vol. 7 Ch. 33 - Magician VS Dark Magic III

I'm really disappointed cause they keep making him sound strong and then he keeps barely winning when it matters

Dex-chan lover
@krispy I have seen older comments that said the MC is strong. Stronger than he himself realized.
He thought he was mid-level on Earth. But he was actually stronger than that. Here in this foreign world, they use different magic system. It was incompatible with the way he use magic at first. Then he figured out something... I vaguely recalled it was something to do with element. After he understand that he was able to counter it properly.

Contributor
did he really say "abre qad habra"?

@Kefrayba from what others told me
he is weak because the beings in the current world are blessed by their respective gods, and to counter a blessing you need to be blessed too, the problem is, he doesn't have that.
But it's still disappointing, because he shown he can do things like stopping time and whatnot in the beginning of the manga, but now he only attacks with "magical beams", even though he made fun of the other world magicians for only knowing to do that.

Even though mc was able to beat a demon general few chapters ago, it wastes like 90% of his mana to do so; and he didn't even fully kill it. Plus, added with this situation, they should really make the mc stronger, fast. I really hate seeing the mc like this.

anyways, thanks for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
> A loli Liliana who's at edge for being a near victim of the tentacles of darkness....
MC save her, so she was not tamed that much. Next chapter, we need her to be tamed, and addition of true loli will be worth it to MC's side, and the best part is she was twintailed that was too adorable.

> I had a clue for who that hooded man is....
He probably was in the previous chapter....

What happened to him? 😭 The early chapters shows the MC are so damn strong but on the latest chapter, he got nerfed so bad that even his character also changed a lot😭

Fed-Kun's army
@MYZZYRI
He gets cursed that's why. He will be nerfed a lot in this arc (about 8 chapters or more, considering this arc is divided into two volumes in LN version. This chapter marks the end of the first half of this arc.), so be prepare with that.
We should get an explanation about mana entropy in some next chapters, which is really an interesting concept, but I don't know whether the mangaka can do a great job at conceptualise that. So far he's been poor with his job after all.

Dex-chan lover
Of course, you can't just shout "On the roof!" to alert the guards of the one who's behind the attacks. We must have drama with Liliana hiding from authorities until he beats up the mastermind and everything is solved.

@MYZZYRI As far as I understand, this world's magic isn't simply backwards, but rather evolved to specifically fight creatures in this world: demons, shadowderps, etc. His magic is more of PvP thing, so it completely outclasses this world's mages in duels.

Dex-chan lover
@MYZZYRI hes still stronger than everyone else but if i remember correctly:
he doesnt have a blessing in this world, thats why his attacks are doing like 10% of the damage he should be making, the demons and darkness stuff have a dark blessing and in order to hurt them u need to be blessed by the god of this world, since he came from another world hes unblessed, at any case hes so strong that he can hurt demons even without being blessed, but dont worry he will get the blessing in the future and be completely OP again

so basically:
demons with dark blessing have a 100% dmg resistance buff
ppl with blessing 100% demon killer so it nullifies the dark blessing and they can fight normally
mc without buff is doing something like 120% dmg, so even with the dark blessing they still get hit wih like 20% dmg of his spells
mc with the blessing will be making full 120% dmg so it will just obliterate almost everyone

Fed-Kun's army
Well, that smug guy needs crushing. I hope it is sooner than later.

I do understand why Suimei seems rather weak here. He has been battling non-stop recently, so the toll of all those battles are getting to him now. First that demon guy, where he had to pretty much threw everything at him. Then he was hurt by that dark magic or something a few chapters ago. And now he has this battle too. Furthermore, his magic, while strong, isn’t that effective to demons and such here.

Perhaps this chapter is the author way of establishing that Suimei is not omnipotent. He is strong, sure, but he cannot fight forever. In fact, this actually proved his point in the beginning that it is foolish to fight against enemies who have superior number. No matter how strong you are, you will fall sooner or later against such number.

I think that now that he has more comrade, he might do better in the future. Hopefully, his teammate will pick up the slack.

Liu

@illusion_moon
I believe it's about his knowledge of this world. Aside from not having a blessing like everyone else, he needs to understand the mechanics of his opponents every single fight.
The same pattern happens every fight : MC trying out stuff against his opponents until he figures out what kind of being he's against, then he can retaliate. Be it the white flames, the demon, the dark magic users or the abomination of this chapter, he didn't know anything about them at first.

This is also why he's spending a lot of his free time reading books, he knows he can't do sht because he doesn't have this world knowledge at hand.
I believe that he won't be having trouble anymore against an opponent who uses similar concept to the ones he fought before.

Users who are viewing this thread