Isekai Meikyuu de Harem o - Ch. 80 - Palmasque (4)

Dex-chan lover
I like the background details.

You can see the duke opening his drawer to get paper/seal.

Gozer taking both of those from him then put the seal into fire to heat it up and the letter to dry the ink.
Last page he's probably checking to make sure the dried letter is still legible.
That actually looks like he heated up the paper so the seal would set better and then he checked that the seal set properly. They wouldn't be flapping the letter around like that if the ink needed to be dried.

Dex-chan lover
Hopefully by the end of this merchant arc he'll be able to afford adding at least 3 more girls to the "party"
I'm good with the slow pace of getting more girls. It gives each girl their own space, which improves the characterisation and the feeling of them.

I like the background details.
That's storytelling basics that a lot of authors miss. Try to not have plain conversations where nothing else is going on. That can easily give a white room conversation vibe, which isn't what you want.

We’re at the amber storyline! It’s not a huge moment but I’ve been waiting for it. Looking forward to the next couple chapters!

Group Leader
"the last novel volume is 12th"
Is that actually a 'proper final end for the light novel' end, or is that a 'the author's been stopped there trying to think of what to write next' end?
The author has always been slow at writing. Volume 12 ended in the middle of looking for a certain place, so it's definitely the latter. 13th will probably come out next year, as it's been almost two years since the latest novel release.

Dex-chan lover
That actually looks like he heated up the paper so the seal would set better and then he checked that the seal set properly. They wouldn't be flapping the letter around like that if the ink needed to be dried.

That's the duke flapping the letter, not Gozer.

I'm talking about the bottom left part, where you can see Gozer's sleeve next to the seal being in the fire place, followed by exposing letter to the fireplace's heat in the next panel.

Dex-chan lover
Actually, they could. Sand or other absorbent was often applied to a page to suck up the excess ink via capillary action and then shook off. It wouldn't have been pounce, though, because that is added prior to using the paper, as a form of sizing to make ink not run in the first place.

The author has always been slow at writing. Volume 12 ended in the middle of looking for a certain place, so it's definitely the latter. 13th will probably come out next year, as it's been almost two years since the latest novel release.
Covid probably did not help at all.

Double-page supporter
This almost seems like off, michio is most definitely underpowered and underutilizing his Main character powers but nonetheless he is definitely still some random, at less than level 10 in any dungeon and isn’t really known for much besides simple help, why does he have very high profile people interested in him like he genuinely showed nada to earn this recognition the most is that he is a explorer that teleport far not an adventurer but even still none of this explains why the elf chief is this gung-ho about him and other people too, clearly he is still in the very early stages so why he got all this hype??? Is there something I missed

Dex-chan lover
MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL
WHAT THE
giphy.webp

Dex-chan lover
Is the duke going to give him 200,000 nars to buy unadorned mirrors?
No?
The general mentioned to the mc, that if he was going to Palmasque, to pick up a mirror while he was there as the Noble would pay a good price for it. The MC went there but found a way to get a better price if he got a signature first, and suggested the Noble make the frame himself. The Noble gave the signature and approved the suggestion. The Noble added a few conditions of his own: quantity 10 preferably different sizes, averaging around 10,000 nars each but no more than 20,000 individually.

In the end no official contract has been made, and instead of being paid up front (cus the MC doesn't know how much it would cost him yet) the mc has more of an informal promise of purchase, negotiated/paid on delivery/sale.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the real answer, that's what I was looking for. The stuff the other two guys said I already knew.

Dex-chan lover
The manga is at the tail end of the Volume 5, the last novel volume is 12th. There's enough material.
True, there is plenty of material right now, but there's no guarantee how long that remains the case for example when the manga started Vol 7 or 8 just released. That means only 5 novels have been released in the past 6 years.

Compare and contrast Mushoku Tensei which is having the opposite problem where the anime is basically catching up with the manga at a lightning pace which makes me wonder if that was the reason for the recent split cour to give the manga a chance to adapt Vol 12 before the anime.

Of course if it keeps going at this pace the serialization might end sooner rather than later because I can see people getting fed up with this pace.

Dex-chan lover
This almost seems like off, michio is most definitely underpowered and underutilizing his Main character powers but nonetheless he is definitely still some random, at less than level 10 in any dungeon and isn’t really known for much besides simple help, why does he have very high profile people interested in him like he genuinely showed nada to earn this recognition the most is that he is a explorer that teleport far not an adventurer but even still none of this explains why the elf chief is this gung-ho about him and other people too, clearly he is still in the very early stages so why he got all this hype??? Is there something I missed
He delivered his share of the supplies for them (see chapters 62-64) faster than anyone else did. So they noticed that he is (to them) a hard worker who is dependable. Also since his Analyze skill recognized the duke when he was "in disguise" they figure he is a bit more in the know than he actually is. He isn't really under-powered, but he isn't combat OP like some main characters. Mostly what he's got going for him are support skills. He is OP in the sense that he can take multiple jobs (classes) which is not normal; and since the bonuses from each job benefit the whole party, that boosts the girls as well. So things are easier than normal, but not by a ton. (Also, and this is me being a bit salty, he's a damn coward. BUT, it also means he isn't getting overconfident and taking stupid risks. So that is actually helping him as well.)

Thanks for the upload!

Users who are viewing this thread