Isekai Meikyuu de Harem o - Ch. 82 - Amber (1)

Dex-chan lover
Besides all the seggs, I really like and enjoy this series, the worldbuilding and development of the characters are mostly on point and the art style is really cool.
I just hope they introduce the next waifu soon.
I love the chibi faces in some of the frames too haha!

Anyways, thanks for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
My man, you can replace "those amber stones" with various other things and you'd easily get similar or even better enjoyment.
Replace? I'm getting worked up imaging those amber stones resting there gently on her bosom alongside "other things" a man could provide her, hehehe... :lol:

Dex-chan lover
I remember trying to read the novel long ago, and I stopped because of how paranoid this MC is. It fucking sucked, I think the manga is a bit lighter on that particular mental disorder. Cause the MC is pathological insane. At least in the manga it's not in our faces ALL THE TIME....

And yes, I can get not wanting to be found out. But he's completely paranoid even with his own girls, and doesn't tell them ANYTHING at all... you would think he would tell at least something to Roxanne as she has been around a while
Yeah, you ain't kidding. He was constantly double/triple thinking everything in the chapters all the time. It's like 1/4 of that in the manga and anime, far more enjoyable. Though yes, I do wish he'd tell his harem (maybe after the elf girl? I stopped around then). Hell, I'd love it if he just admitted to Sherry he has an inspect skill that's better than other versions, so yes, there are class levels! and item slots!! They could write a book about how the world fully works, class hierarchy and requirements and such, and he just sets it to release to the guild or duke upon his death kind of thing </end rant>

He'll likely still stay rather cowardly about how fast they progress through dungeons, but he isn't on some quest to save the world or anything, so it hardly matters to him from an in character point of view, as long as they stay well ahead of the level curve.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I remember trying to read the novel long ago, and I stopped because of how paranoid this MC is. It fucking sucked, I think the manga is a bit lighter on that particular mental disorder. Cause the MC is pathological insane. At least in the manga it's not in our faces ALL THE TIME....

And yes, I can get not wanting to be found out. But he's completely paranoid even with his own girls, and doesn't tell them ANYTHING at all... you would think he would tell at least something to Roxanne as she has been around a while
Yeah, you ain't kidding. He was constantly double/triple thinking everything in the chapters all the time. It's like 1/4 of that in the manga and anime, far more enjoyable. Though yes, I do wish he'd tell his harem (maybe after the elf girl? I stopped around then). Hell, I'd love it if he just admitted to Sherry he has an inspect skill that's better than other versions, so yes, there are class levels! and item slots!! They could write a book about how the world fully works, class hierarchy and requirements and such, and he just sets it to release to the guild or duke upon his death kind of thing </end rant>

He'll likely still stay rather cowardly about how fast they progress through dungeons, but he isn't on some quest to save the world or anything, so it hardly matters to him from an in character point of view, as long as they stay well ahead of the level curve.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Michio horribly abused and nearly killed by his parents, bullied by classmates and actually considering suicide before he came over? You think that level of emotional trauma is fixed quickly and the pathological trust issues from it are gone by a good boning?

He will likely never recover without coming clean about his past, but he won't come clean because he has those trust issues. It's a vicious catch-22 in terms of recovery. And none of his slaves are in a position to get him to see or admit his problems.

I understand if this is a frustrating character trait, but it makes sense for his past.

Dex-chan lover
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Michio horribly abused and nearly killed by his parents, bullied by classmates and actually considering suicide before he came over? You think that level of emotional trauma is fixed quickly and the pathological trust issues from it are gone by a good boning?

He will likely never recover without coming clean about his past, but he won't come clean because he has those trust issues. It's a vicious catch-22 in terms of recovery. And none of his slaves are in a position to get him to see or admit his problems.

I understand if this is a frustrating character trait, but it makes sense for his past.
Was it? Ah, right, chapter 0. I seriously don't remember him thinking about his past life ever tho. Even in WN (though I might just have forgotten). But he definitely showed the other side of the trust trauma, with constantly trying to overthink how to avoid the girls having bad reactions to whatever he was doing or about to say. But without tying it to the past when it occured, it just never settled in my head like he was really dealing with trauma.

I'm enjoying the level of his caution in the manga / anime, the WN was just far too much

Dex-chan lover

His mother died and his father became an abusive drunk. Also he was bullied pretty badly (this is from the WN). He repeatedly looked up stuff about suicide and was doing that when he got yoinked off to this world. The few times he has asked the girls about things the reaction for Roxanne is "that's just Master" and from Sherri it is just a "why are you crazy? / how do you not know that" look. And honestly, even if he did "come clean" would they actually believe him?

And I will add that, as someone actually raised to be paranoid, it really fucking sucks to not be able to have even a simple social interaction without second guessing not only everything you say, but everything everyone else says. It really messes with your head, and there really isn't any way to cope with it or get over it. Literally anything can reinforce the paranoia feedback loop.

Dex-chan lover
I want to see the wives expecting.

Never gonna happen. It's actually one of the first plot points and reasons for the MC going the slave harem route in the first place.

Chapter 4, Page 12:

"People are not able to have children with other races."

Roxanne's a doggy 'n Sheryl is a dwarf. That's a no-go on both.

Dex-chan lover
@Amariithynar

Ok I can see that this would significantly raise costs, but is that really necessary ? Better stats I assume, but not really mandatory ? Like, there's no way everybody's clothes are all magicked from dungeon drops, there has to be a real fabric and clothes "industry" somewhere ?

is another of my problems with the story/MC. Our boy has been penny pinching since chapter 1, you'd think he'd be a lot more interested in figuring how his powers can break the world's economy. The guy figured the secret to successful crystal fusion and how much dosh has he made from that ? Almost nothing (maybe even negative) coz he bought a bunch of crystals but I think he's only ever sold that copper sword with interruption incantation delay ? And so, after quite a bit of time he's finally trying to figure how his incredible teleportation spell can be used for money.

And I'm aware that the author kinda handwaves all of that away with some "but doing X would make him stand out ! The dude's mega paranoid, he doesn't want that attention !". But it gets a bit annoying after a while.
Remember that in this world even basic things like sticks and thread are monster drops. It's a monster economy, in large part, if not entirely; I vaguely remember there being a justification for it, like sticks snapped off trees disintegrating if attempted to use for crafting and such, and that's actually part of why Palmasque's production methods are such a highly guarded secret. Note that the crystals require time to generate cash, even with his methods, and to do so also requires him to invest a lot of points into a "dead" skill that he can't benefit from at the time, so currently he's been picking up important core skills, with only the points for the sword being floating points, effectively. Also, "break the world's economy" is exactly what he's trying NOT to do. I mean, the man is so paranoid that he bought a house made with the anti-teleport cement for peace of mind, lmao.

Dex-chan lover
Remember that in this world even basic things like sticks and thread are monster drops. It's a monster economy, in large part, if not entirely;
Didn't know that. Maybe that's info from the LN ? Or maybe I need to have a re-read of the early chapters.

Although that doesn't exactly change my overall point. A coat is probably not super cheap, but by virtue of being something without which people will die when exposed to snow-tier cold, there has to be some affordable options.

But I retract my rant about buying the coat anyway. On first read I had missed the bubble in page 6 where he said he was planning to buy Sherry a coat "soon". So I was writing that under the impression that Sherry getting Roxanne's coat was a permanent arrangement.

Note that the crystals require time to generate cash, even with his methods, and to do so also requires him to invest a lot of points into a "dead" skill that he can't benefit from at the time,
Maybe I used the wrong word. I was talking about adding the monster dropped stones to weapons to give them effects. He's gone through a lot of pain in order to get his own competent blacksmith that he can direct to obtain (seemingly) 100% success on fusions. And having her as a slave means he can order her to fuse exactly whatever he tells her to. And he can order her to secrecy. So, now he has the means to make a lot of money ? Or at least get himself/the girls some top tier equipment right ? Nope, he's gotten almost nothing from it…

Because he doesn't want to bulk purchase crystals or equipment. (even though his warp means he could be buying from ten different auction houses and crafters)
Because he doesn't want to have even a question on how he got all these enchanted equipment. (even though he doesn't have to sell stuff in the same places as where he buys it)
Because he's still trying to hide to Sherry that he can predict if a fusion will succeed or fail. (even though the poor girl is going to have an existential crisis over the fact all her fusions worked out)

so paranoid
Is precisely what my post was pointing at. His paranoia is a tool for the author to avoid a lot of difficult discussions. But instead we get tedious dancing around the issues. And I realise that biggest effect is that it slows his progression, which also means we get to see him exploring a lot of potential pathways rather than going all-in on a specific venture. Still, it gets frustrating.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if Hyouju Issei is also doing the backgrounds. The art is beautiful and detailed.

Dex-chan lover
Didn't know that. Maybe that's info from the LN ? Or maybe I need to have a re-read of the early chapters.

Although that doesn't exactly change my overall point. A coat is probably not super cheap, but by virtue of being something without which people will die when exposed to snow-tier cold, there has to be some affordable options.

But I retract my rant about buying the coat anyway. On first read I had missed the bubble in page 6 where he said he was planning to buy Sherry a coat "soon". So I was writing that under the impression that Sherry getting Roxanne's coat was a permanent arrangement.
It's early chapter stuff, too. There are most likely other options like you said, like layering on simple clothing, but that's not Dungeon-Delver Gear, which is what a Coat is, thus more of why the high cost. It's meant to protect against cold attacks, not just cold in general, as I recall.

Maybe I used the wrong word. I was talking about adding the monster dropped stones to weapons to give them effects. He's gone through a lot of pain in order to get his own competent blacksmith that he can direct to obtain (seemingly) 100% success on fusions. And having her as a slave means he can order her to fuse exactly whatever he tells her to. And he can order her to secrecy. So, now he has the means to make a lot of money ? Or at least get himself/the girls some top tier equipment right ? Nope, he's gotten almost nothing from it…

Because he doesn't want to bulk purchase crystals or equipment. (even though his warp means he could be buying from ten different auction houses and crafters)
Because he doesn't want to have even a question on how he got all these enchanted equipment. (even though he doesn't have to sell stuff in the same places as where he buys it)
Because he's still trying to hide to Sherry that he can predict if a fusion will succeed or fail. (even though the poor girl is going to have an existential crisis over the fact all her fusions worked out)
Stones aren't added to weapons in this world; cards are. It's very much like old Ragnarok Online in that way. He has 100% success because he can see if an item has card slots, and how many; others can't, only try it randomly and hope it works. He procured Sherry so that he can do it in a way he can control... and to justify to himself his growing sexual appetite and desire for a harem, at least in the original novel (can't remember if it keeps that here). He still needs cards (which are very rare drops or cost a lot of money themselves), and even then it requires a lot of investment to be able to even make money from them, since people want things like sets. So he'd be buying out the economy and ruining things for everyone else, drawing a lot of unwanted attention if he kept doing it. Thus why he keeps it on the down-low, like with the one-off about the extra Copper Sword of Incantation Delay after getting a near-full set. Furthermore, if we go by RO standards, there's only the one Auction House, which is pretty much supported by the one location and how everyone goes to there. There might be other locations, but more than likely they'd be run by the same group (and likely they'd be under the royalty), who would notice things like that.

Enchanted equipment is not super rare (just expensive because it has to make up for the losses in attempted production), and as shown with the swords, you can gather up the equipment of dead people and keep it, and it's not a rare occurrence for that to happen, either. Furthermore, treasure chests exist that contain various loot, including the gear left behind by dead adventurers.

He tried to convince Sherry that he can tell if she can fuse something or not, but she didn't believe him (as with a lot of things), so he decided he'd do it roundaboutly and just have her be convinced that "if Master says it, it's fine".

Is precisely what my post was pointing at. His paranoia is a tool for the author to avoid a lot of difficult discussions. But instead we get tedious dancing around the issues. And I realise that biggest effect is that it slows his progression, which also means we get to see him exploring a lot of potential pathways rather than going all-in on a specific venture. Still, it gets frustrating.
I disagree that it avoids a lot of difficult discussions. You might want to read the novel instead, since it does a pretty good job of showing it reasonably.

Users who are viewing this thread