Isekai Meikyuu de Harem o - Ch. 85 - Cassia (2)

Dex-chan lover
Woo new armor/clothes

and lol 85 chapters in and he only has 2 in his 'harem' but i imagine the light novel/WN it's based on is like a lot longer
The anime rushed the whole kit and kaboodle to introduce the Ladies of the Harem.

I actually like the pace of the manga more, simply because it shows our MC dealing with Stuff while not being OP as fuck, and actually risking his and his harem's life if he isn't careful about things.
He's got a serious advantage with what he can do, but it has its limits.
And very much depends on the quality of his harem cast, since there's things he simply cannot do alone. Ever. Not without having a terminal accident eventually.
He's been dealt a very good hand, but he still has to Play, without a Manual, with all the risks involved, and he knows it.

May be entirely personal and anecdotal, but if you take the whole isekai-harem trope, this is pretty close to what I'd do.
Can't change the World, but can make a Profit. If that happens surrounded by luscious ladies appreciative of ( if slightly puzzled by ) what I'm trying to accomplish, that's double-bonus.
And if showing-by-example improves things in the World, triple bonus.

Heroism is nice and all, but people forget that the title of "Hero" is generally granted post-humously.....

Dex-chan lover
Even if its limit 6, just max that out asap. Makes no sense to focus on anything else before that. And he already has a place to live. Food is basically irrelevant to costs since the monsters they kill drop big amounts of food. Food etc costs in this world should be nearly zero with how even those low level floors drop stuff.

You'd think so but sadly that doesn't quite work out. The problem is that most of the food meat is dropped by higher floor monsters, or it is a rare drop. Aside from things like rabbit, so the cost is still moderate to get those items due to the danger involved in collecting them. And while Spi Spiders drop pepper, Naive Olives drop olive oil, and Kobolds (sp?) drop salt, they still have to farm for vegetables and grains. One of the things that I think the series overall does rather poorly at is giving an idea of his daily expenses vs income. And the money system is, again imo, poorly explained. I haven't read the LN translation yet but the WN never really made it clear if 100 nar == 100 yen or what the conversion rate is.

Regarding the number of slaves, the issue he's got currently is that the only slave trader he's been to yet is Alan in Vale. Not to dump on Alan, but that's a small shop, so the fact that our MC was able to get two high quality slave girls is impressive. He'll pick up the next one in the capital soon; but number four has to wait until the summer auction. He is saving a fair amount of their money so he can buy more slaves, it's just a matter of profit per day over time reaching the point where he can make purchases as well as available supply. Again I feel that him being frugal really isn't made as clear in the manga as it maybe was in the wn/ln.

Edit: (#7 at this point or something) I really need to stop typing these at 5 am, because holy heck the mistakes.
Also the amber necklaces are an expense yes, but overall he's making a profit off the mirrors as Warp lets him go much farther for less mana overall. And while that is a side gig that can't last forever, it has brought in money and put him very much in the good books of some nobility. Like I said, he might make some big ticket purchases, and he is spending more on food, so they are eating rather better than might be expected, but he isn't being wasteful. He doesn't drink excessively, gamble or anything like that.

Last edited:
he spent money to rent a house, bought big-ass bath tub, camisoles and jewelries for his girls, and starting a business but say 'if we can afford it' for armor that'll keep them alive in the dungeon? I don't understand this guy's logic

Dex-chan lover
he spent money to rent a house, bought big-ass bath tub, camisoles and jewelries for his girls, and starting a business but say 'if we can afford it' for armor that'll keep them alive in the dungeon? I don't understand this guy's logic
At the time he rented the house it was just the MC and Roxanne, so that was a reasonable expense for a young couple. The tub was actually pretty cheap, only like 2,100 nars, so that's what, 2 silver coins and 100 copper? (FFS the money system is the bane of my brain I swear.) The nightgowns were a few hundred each. Don't forget he has his 30% discount ability that activates when he buys any two or more things, so by renting the house and buying the pan, he got a discount on the house. He bought a small tub with the big one and again got a discount. Same with everything else, he's being smart about using that discount ability so while he is making big purchases, that 30% off is saving him money from things he'd probably end up buying anyway.

Fed-Kun's army
At the time he rented the house it was just the MC and Roxanne, so that was a reasonable expense for a young couple. The tub was actually pretty cheap, only like 2,100 nars, so that's what, 2 silver coins and 100 copper? (FFS the money system is the bane of my brain I swear.) The nightgowns were a few hundred each. Don't forget he has his 30% discount ability that activates when he buys any two or more things, so by renting the house and buying the pan, he got a discount on the house. He bought a small tub with the big one and again got a discount. Same with everything else, he's being smart about using that discount ability so while he is making big purchases, that 30% off is saving him money from things he'd probably end up buying anyway.
21 silver*

1 copper coin = 1 Nar

1 silver coin = 100 copper coins = 100 Nars

1 gold coin = 100 silver coins = 10,000 copper coins = 10,000 Nars

1 platinum coin = 100 gold coins = 10,000 silver coins = 1,000,000 copper coins = 1,000,000 Nars

Users who are viewing this thread