Isekai Mokushiroku Mynoghra: Hametsu no Bunmei de Hajimeru Sekai Seifuku - Vol. 5 Ch. 22 - Witches of Regret ①

Okay, so Caria is sharing her pain with everyone around her, I understand that. What is Maria doing? It seemed like she chomped on the goblins (because there was a "nom"), but then she made the mechanic guy stop functioning and forget his abilities.
The manga doesn't do a good job of showing how terrifying Maria's power is but if you read the LN, you get to see what her power really does:
"
Old Mechanic made eye contact with the girl.

“Do you…believe in love?” she asked. “Love exists, y’know?”

〈!〉Old Mechanic has forgotten Attack.

〈!〉Old Mechanic has forgotten Agility.

〈!〉Old Mechanic has forgotten Courage.

Out of nowhere, a tremendous sense of emptiness filled Old Mechanic. He was losing his mind in a way that felt like it was being slowly devoured. He’d long since forgotten how to fight and even how to flee. Now he could only display the emotions he was left with.

“E-Eeek…!”

Here was a man who was said to be as robotic and unfeeling as the many mechanical weapons he created…and the first emotion he ever showed was fear. A pathetic voice squeezed passed his lips. His knees clattered against each other as they shook. No one would look upon him now and think that he was once the sinister Earth General who’d terrified the world and brought an end to a great many people and their kingdoms.

The girl’s eyes twinkled as she ate up his reaction.

“Is it scary? Are you scared? Hey, aren’t you scared?! Ahaha! See, you are scared! Soooooooooooooooo SCARED!!”

The girl frolicked up to him, grabbed his head in both hands, and stared into his eyes. It was as if she was drinking in every ounce of the fear he felt, making her scarier than anything else. Old Mechanic was finally reduced to abandoning all his pride to scream like a baby.

“U-UWAAAAAAAAAAAH!! Demon Lord! Please save me, Demon Lord!”

Correction, he’d already lost his pride to the void.

“Don’t worry. You can just forget if you’re scared.”

〈!〉Old Mechanic has forgotten Fear.

〈!〉Old Mechanic has forgotten the Demon Lord.

〈!〉Old Mechanic has forgotten who he is.

Old Mechanic convulsed once before standing there in a stupor. His eyes had glassed over, mirroring what remained of his subordinates. He looked like a man who’d completely forgotten who and what he was.

The girl—Maria—stared at him with a deranged form of compassion.

“Forget. Forget everything. The good, the bad, the world, everything… I’ll erase it all for you.”

“Ah, um… What? Huh?”

“All that will be left is love.”
"

Dex-chan lover
The last page says "feat the night when the moon rises"
So they can probably only do that on full moon or at night
Sure, but again, it has to come up in the story in a way that actually enhances it. These powers are themselves fairly uninteresting.

Contributor
I wasn't expecting the twins to become the next hero units, let alone be capable of handily defeating a demon lord's general each. Insane power-ups but at what cost...?

Dex-chan lover
In this case yes, but it still showed that limitations to one System don't apply but that they can still influence things. Like How they where limited to the Number of Units on Field while Mynoghra's unit aren't but are also subject to the same forced System like what happened to the Sisters.
Or the thing our MC noticed earlier that his powers to force summon Supplies can do unintended things.
Normally when one hears "conflicting" it brings up the idea of "incompatible". It's the fact that both games are based off the same system that they could even interact with each other.

Conflicting systems would have them not able to interact or even influence each other to a major extent.

Compatible systems means they can influence each other. RTS and 4x strategy games do have scripted events and cutscenes just as an RPG does, just as a quick example.

Dex-chan lover
Normally when one hears "conflicting" it brings up the idea of "incompatible". It's the fact that both games are based off the same system that they could even interact with each other.

Conflicting systems would have them not able to interact or even influence each other to a major extent.

Compatible systems means they can influence each other. RTS and 4x strategy games do have scripted events and cutscenes just as an RPG does, just as a quick example.
Yeah I wasn't sure of the correct word, native german Speaker here. What I wanted to say is that their Systems bring their own rules. Like my example that the Enemy could only bring out 6 Units at once but our Heroes can strike at their Leisure because they don't have any rules forbidding that BUT our Heroes also suffered from restrictions from the enemies Special attacks and how they couldn't run away from Bosses because the Enemies rules said "This attack is unavoidable" and "You can't flee from bosses".

Dex-chan lover
That's more because of the enemy player's power than them being weak though, the sisters easily stomp the paladins in the final fight between Takuto and the DM when the game session is temporarily suspended.
Yes, I ALSO READ it far beyond that. Even if the
Twins easily stomp the Paladins.
The twins' screen time is just a few lines
and it makes no difference even if we don't have them in that battle. We already win that battle.
It's just like a football already scores 6-0 and gets 1 more score to 7-0

And
their candy was stolen right after, literally.

damn. Cannot imagine the horror and now the thing that brings hope is now just. A dreadful reminder:aquadrink:

Dex-chan lover
It should be noted that he is the "designated Evil". While his servants are certainly amoral and definitely not good persons they do subscribe to his believe and think that a "peaceful Country" is best while some of the "Designated Good" Countries where actually kind of shitty like the Elfs (who where the ones that decided to genocide the "Neutral" Dark Elves). Honestly Mynoghra is probably a better place to live than many.
Of course all of this might be the result of another "Game" interfering with the World. An Isekai World having a Game systems is an old hat but I actually find the concept of an Isekai World adapting the Game Systems of it's isekai'd targets into it's own kinda interesting, especially in this case since we actually have conflicting Systems here.
No, they're evil. His heroes ripped people to literal shreds and delighted in the murder. They're designated evil, because they are in fact evil.

Dex-chan lover
No, they're evil. His heroes ripped people to literal shreds and delighted in the murder. They're designated evil, because they are in fact evil.
Yes I pointed that out. That hero also was willing to let them go but they started the fight. I did say they are " amoral and definitely not good persons" so the end result was messy and quite cruel but giving them the option to leave is a big key characteristic here.
And by that definition that means the Elves who declared a whole race to be genocided (The Dark Elves) are also Evil. Yet they are "Good". It's also implied the other "Good" County usually doesn't take kindly to people not believing in their god though I actually think their Saint might be a decent Person. Shitty personal though but it seems she's working on that.

Dex-chan lover
The next faction they fight against comes from a table top RPG and the big bad is a DM. His power (yes his) is basically to control reality up to the point where the rule book of his “campaign” will allow him. It’s super over powered and he basically can control all out comes. He uses this power to give one of the characters he rolled the ability to forcibly change Atou’s alignment. The character in question is sort of obnoxious and calls the ability “Forced NTR”
So basically there's no ntr right?

Users who are viewing this thread