Isekai no Meikyuu Toshi de Chiyu Mahoutsukai Yattemasu

@levan07 I’m not sure, but it might just be a case of “same name tagging,” which I’ve seen happen before on MangaDex. Two different people put under the same name.
Don’t quote me on this, though; just a guess.

Dex-chan lover
Normally the mention of slaves and harems makes me cringe, but this is surprisingly not rapey. MC clearly has a love interest and he doesn't need some creepy domination fetish to get her attention. He also has a job and friends aside from murderhobo and the sluts who want the D.

Dex-chan lover
there will be Blood bath later boys. poor guy tho 😝

Don't know if its been mentioned before, but the name of the plague turtle sounds a lot like the german "Krankheit", meaning disease/sickness. Wouldn't be the first time a random german word gets used.

Fed-Kun's army
@Ironclad
MC clearly has a love interest
"Oh no, even though lolis aren't my thing, I have to play the role of a chaste priest and never make a move on women in the presence of Yuelle, because that'd make her sad."
"Oh no, even though Luluca and me appear to both be interested in each other, I can't go behind the back of Elise!"
"Oh no, even though I'm interested in Elise I'm afraid of making a move on her after gaining back all that lost trust!"
"BTW, my goal as an MC is to get a big harem!"

MC had some potential but getting real sick of this.
the name of the plague turtle sounds a lot like the german "Krankheit"
I dunno man, seems pretty far-fetched to me, they spell it "Crankheight" and with a C of all things which in German is never pronounced with a K sound, unlike in English.

@Degernase You must be fairly new to mangas or even animes in general.
Some authors are good at naming some are just plain bad at it. As you read / watch more and more action adventure mangas / animes, most of the names you will encounter are just plain stupid. Like German words are quite popular, when it comes to magic or monster cretures and what not.

Fed-Kun's army
@konzolmester I felt like I was being almost overtly sarcastic but yeah all these lame German names are really getting to me. Schwarz is probably on the top of my list in the German category. In general, Fenrir is the one I hate most of all.
EDIT: Holy fuck I just stumbled on my #2 when reading synopsis of some random manga. Licht, fucking Licht. Though it has me thinking, I've seen tons of weiss, schwarz and licht, but never a dunkle (dark).

Honestly I'd take no issue with them had I not seen the same names 20 times before, authors should go out of their way to think of original names rather than going out of their way to use the most cliché ones possible. Krankheit by itself isn't so bad but German names in general are so overused that to me it ends up being just a terrible name.

Dex-chan lover
Skip it. The mc is appalling. He is a selfish asshole endlessly without any redeeming character traits and literally never takes an action that isn’t for himself.

Wonder if those Japanese authors don't have any shame. They are basically writing the same thing over and over in a bad way. It's fine to write a story with isekai theme, but they should put more thought into it instead of just copy paste. Find another job if you can't write something properly. As for those publishers who let these shitty manga pass, I wish you go bankrupt soon.

Dex-chan lover
@gomennasai One part of it is that some of these are made into manga at different times as their web novels. This story has been around since the middle of the isekai craze.

Fed-Kun's army
@gomennasai90 Im starting to think its an artifact of the culture. Kind of like how pulp novels and penny westerns were basically just copy & pastes of each other, with only the details of the peril and the backstory changing. They only ever had about a half-dozen plots that kept being recycled for about 30 years or so.

@starburst98 link to your story?

Double-page supporter
@Raudhbjorn It's because so many of these stories are born out of web novels on Shosetsuka ni Narou, and that community is a lot of very young, first time writers who are inspired to put their own spins on other works they've seen be popular. The idea with a lot of adaptations of these works isn't necessarily that they're super high quality, but that they have a built-in audience due both to the success of the web novel (and later light novel) versions of the story, but also those sites' popularity in general.

The recycling of tropes is incredibly incestuous, but it's also interesting in its own way, like an iterative storytelling process where users are constantly trying to one-up each other and put their own spins on stories they've seen before. My own opinion of the isekai deluge became a lot more positive once I understood this.

@yuthaa Stop spreading fake stories.
@yldDavid and @AnonymousGuy9 I have read the light novel of this manga and what @yuthaa said did not happen at all. Click the spoiler to know what happens.
The day when our MC, Eris and Yuel return from orphanage. On the same night our mc hears a door knock and thinks its a patient in need of treatment. The door knock stops and mc thinks that Eris is treating the patient. So he goes to help Eris in treating the patient, but he can't find Eris and the front door is open.

He sees about 5 men a dozen meters away running and one of them is carrying a sack. He chases them from a distance and the sack stops moving after one guy hits it with his fist. MC then thinks that its Eris. MC reduces the distance between and retrieves his mace from his item box and was about to rush in and smash them with his mace, but he finds all of the 5 men are armed.
(In light novel our MC thinks of various ways to save Eris, I can't explain them all here)

MC remembers that he received a smoke bomb from Yuel at the orphanage. After some distance from the hospital the men slow their running pace and start a conversation. After hearing their conversation, the MC learns that it all happened because of his Ex-heal. MC healed Farah's eyes at the orphanage and tells her not to say his name if asked by anyone. So when Farah was questioned by Archbishop's subordinates at the Orphanage, she told them that Eris healed her eyes. The Archbishop ordered his subordinates to kidnap Eris after knowing that she has the same level of healing power as the saint.

Then as our MC was agonizing over it while following the 5 men they arrive at the church. The 5 men head inside the church through the main gate. Our MC gets inside the church through a window on the first floor. After hearing some voices our MC quickly but silently heads to the place of worship and sees Eris. Eris is there with her hands and legs tied. There are 10 members in that church. Then the Archbishop takes out a gem stone addressing to Eris that he has been searching for a woman (vessel) like her who has enough mana capacity to even use Ex-heal. And also tells her that he will personally instruct her in the joys of being a woman to raise the compatibility between her and the succubus.

As the Archbishop extends his hand to touch Eris, the MC takes out the smoke bomb and uses it.

He carries Eris in both his hands and heads to the exit and sees 3 or 4 people defending it. He then runs into the hallway where the smoke is thin and enters a room (And sees multiple beds) and tries to lock it, but there is no lock to the door. He then lowers Eris onto one of the beds and pushes the closet nearby and it makes a loud thud after falling in front of the door. The men from the outside try to open the door, but the fallen closet was jammed between the pillars and successfully bars the door.
(Bardas (thuggish priest) was inside the room and woke up from the sound of closet)

Archbishop then orders him to kill the MC from the other side of the door. Our MC tried to hit him, but Bardas grabs his arm and breaks it. MC takes some steps back and his foot hits Eris (Eris still gagged looks at MC's broken arm with a bitter face). MC realizes that only he can save her and again aims at Bardas's chin with his other arm and Bardas twists the other and MC forcefully breaks his other arm. When Bardas was surprised he drove his right fist into his face (MC is a healer). After taking some hits and healing and so on... MC retrieves his Mace and tries to hit Bardas, but he broke his arm again and takes the Mace.

(From here on, Bardas keeps on hitting MC and MC protects his face with his both arms and heals himself with Ex-heal, but the pain never goes away and Bardas was out of breath hitting MC with Mace repeatedly and MC punches Bardas face and heals himself, when he hits). MC then gets an idea and consecutively casts healing magic on himself ex-heal, ex-heal........ Bardas then hits him with the Mace and MC's shattered arm bone heals instantly. MC then hits him in the face with all his strength and Bardas hits his head into the stone wall and falls down. Bardas was knocked out.

MC then removes Eris's gag and unties her. She cries and hugs him. After that they tried to escape through the window, but the priests already surrounded the outside. The MC resolves that he will fight every priest. Then a dragon crashes into the building and its roar shakes the entire building. The priests were trying to flee. The knights caught all the priests and restrained them. On the dragon are Ruruka and the saint.

MC comes out of the room through the newly opened hole made by dragon. One of the knights was Aria and she rushes to him. Hearing Aria's voice Ruruka also comes rushing and checks the MC's body for injuries. Ruruka then questions the saint why MC was there, but the saint's eyes were fixated on the restrained Archbishop.

(Yuel comes rushing to the church after she hears the loud roar from the church)

After this the restrained Archbishop stabs himself with the jewel and the succubus was revived. As Archbishop was the vessel the succubus was a loli. The succubus then flies away and our MC, Yuel, Eris, Aria, Ruruka and the saint all return to the lord's mansion.

If you want to read in detail: https://www.readlightnovel.org/i-work-as-a-healer-in-another-worlds-labyrinth-city

This arc: Chapter 56 to Chapter 58.

Users who are viewing this thread