Isekai Yakkyoku - Ch. 55.1 - Palle and the Otherworldly Pharmacy (Part 1)

Dex-chan lover
Seriously, Palle...

mukai-naoya-angry-anime-slap-kn9tjua2wimu0rn9.gif

This entire problem exists because even now they are dancing around the real answer, Falma is the reincarnation of the medicine God, his real brother is dead, and he is now pretty much the imperial doctor thanks to his hacks
I’m pretty sure he is the apostle of the medicine god, I feel like you’d know if you were a god. Now maybe the author was going for the god angle, but that really doesn’t make sense.

Dex-chan lover
Why would he?

This entire problem exists because even now they are dancing around the real answer, Falma is the reincarnation of the medicine God, his real brother is dead, and he is now pretty much the imperial doctor thanks to his hacks

This is also why he was able to successfully diagnose him, before even running any tests or even a checkup on him

Everything they are doing now is a deception, they are trying to bamboozle him with half lies and bullshit while keeping him in the dark
Really downplaying MC's knowledge of medicine. His abilities allow him to check inside bodies and highlight things he wants to see.

Or, to put it another way, you think you could get where he was with just the ability to highlight if something is wrong?

MC made a prognosis based on the symptoms his brother described to Elena that he eavesdropped on and then double-checked the diseases progress by checking his brother's body. Absolutely horrendous take.

Dex-chan lover
I’m pretty sure he is the apostle of the medicine god, I feel like you’d know if you were a god. Now maybe the author was going for the god angle, but that really doesn’t make sense.
No, MC is believed to be the medicine god. I'm struggling to even formulate the question of how you'd "know if you were a god"? What does being a god feel like? You'd just feel like yourself, unless godhood comes with a palpable sense of megalomania.

The past few chapters have hinted/said that all their gods seem to be reincarnated people like the MC. Presumably past medicine gods were other reincarnated people who were good at medicine.

Dex-chan lover
Really downplaying MC's knowledge of medicine. His abilities allow him to check inside bodies and highlight things he wants to see.

Or, to put it another way, you think you could get where he was with just the ability to highlight if something is wrong?

MC made a prognosis based on the symptoms his brother described to Elena that he eavesdropped on and then double-checked the diseases progress by checking his brother's body. Absolutely horrendous take.
All the things he is doing are thanks to his powers and being a reincarnator, that includes his knowledge from his previous life, that's what makes him the medicine God, and that's what he is keeping hidden

Before he used his God eye he didn't even suspect that his brother was ill, and even then he is still winging it because he hasn't actually run any of the tests needed to diagnose leukemia, he has not done any biopsy or blood tests, he circumvented all that with hacks

And is now trying to sidestep talking about it by bullshiting his brother

"The blessing of knowledge", the "ability to create chemical substances", the "medical eye"

You are the one downplaying how fucking weird it is for a lil kid to come out with both a diagnosis and a cure, for an unknown disease, without running any test, in an era where the test needed to detect said disease don't even exist yet, the concept of cancer itself is something only he knows of, because he is not the real Falma

Radio therapy, chemotherapy, bone marrow transplant, blood transfusion, none of those things exist in that world, yet he is gonna bullshit his way into making him think that they are and that he just so happens to knew about them

And he is trying to lie about everything to his face, in one of the biggest displays if gaslighting, and you expect him to just eat everything up at face value and play along? Absolute nonsense

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Some types of leukemia have a high chance of remission (undetectable) in adults, although there is also a chance of relapse. But there are many causes of easy bruising and bleeding that don't relate to leukemia or cancer. Genetic disorders, poisons, infections, types of inflammation or autoimmune diseases, side effect of medication, even pregnancy.

Dex-chan lover
Ffs can you just hide your ego and shut up for a damn minute?
With a whole ass building and he still blind???
Like i said before, the fact that he didn't know who owns that building even tho its basically his hometown and basically all the people from his house went there can either be 1) he's dumb 2) his aide is dumb 3) they both dumb 🙄🙄🙄
But yeah, i didn't expect his denial.
It's still within my disappointment

Dex-chan lover
You could've at least like yk checked the raws before slandering me? If you did check the raws, you would see that THEY split the chapter (I'm assuming because they wanted 5 chapters per volume but to finish out this arc required more than 5 chapters). The chapter name is a direct translation of the official name, part number included. The next part of the chapter comes out in like 2 weeks.

As for quality, I genuinely just want to know what's wrong. Apart from the font not being the same as the font used by every other translator, I can't see what's wrong (I have noticed one typo though, admittedly--forgot the word "is" in "who is not"). The story flows perfectly from what I can see and there isn't any awkward transition between dialogue. Maybe I've just had a really bad case of typo blindness but I'd love to know where I've made any other quality errors. Apart from like 2 people, I haven't seen anyone else complain about quality. Most are just complaining about "sniping."
I compared it to the raw to find any mistakes, hopefully this feedback is useful.
  • The chapter number is Chapter 55, not Chapter 55.1. I'm pretty sure the next chapter to come out will be numbered chapter 56, not chapter 55.2.
  • p2 "someone who not isn't qualified as a pharmacist..." is missing "only"
  • p3 "...bring shame to the family de Medici name" the word "family" doesn't need to be there
  • p4 "My brother, you don't know-" This line should be "It's a disease that you might not know-"
  • p8 "I'm bored now..." should be "Since I'm free now"
  • p8 Also, "trusted you" fits better for 見込む than "had high hopes for you"
  • p9 "Do you think you can get by if you remain immature by that point?" This line is about Farma, not Eleonora so it should be "he" not "you"
  • p10 "I'm going to die from my brother's quack treatment. Doesn't it suit someone like me?" This line should be "Are you saying that dying from my brother's quack treatment suits me?"
  • p10 "You truly have never been overly devout to your guardian deity." This line doesn't make sense given what she says after this, it should be "You've always been uncomfortably devout to your guardian deity, haven't you"
  • p10 "I might be musclebrained, but I've never missed my daily prayers" This line is Eleonora talking about Palle, so it should be "you" not "I"
  • p13 "...But you're such a devout believer. Maybe my prayers will be answered and the medicine god will help me?" This is a single sentence, the whole thing is about Palle. It should be "...But maybe it's because you're such a devout believer that your prayers have gone through and the medicine god is helping you?"
  • p14 "But also, quite literally, exactly that." doesn't make much sense. In this line she's saying that she meant what she said literally
Your translations are still a lot better than some groups' work I've seen, it was all understandable apart from the lines where you got the subject wrong.

No, MC is believed to be the medicine god. I'm struggling to even formulate the question of how you'd "know if you were a god"? What does being a god feel like? You'd just feel like yourself, unless godhood comes with a palpable sense of megalomania.

The past few chapters have hinted/said that all their gods seem to be reincarnated people like the MC. Presumably past medicine gods were other reincarnated people who were good at medicine.
No, they all but slam our face in the proof in one of the next arcs

Dex-chan lover
All the things he is doing are thanks to his powers and being a reincarnator, that includes his knowledge from his previous life, that's what makes him the medicine God, and that's what he is keeping hidden

Before he used his God eye he didn't even suspect that his brother was ill, and even then he is still winging it because he hasn't actually run any of the tests needed to diagnose leukemia, he has not done any biopsy or blood tests, he circumvented all that with hacks

And is now trying to sidestep talking about it by bullshiting his brother

"The blessing of knowledge", the "ability to create chemical substances", the "medical eye"

You are the one downplaying how fucking weird it is for a lil kid to come out with both a diagnosis and a cure, for an unknown disease, without running any test, in an era where the test needed to detect said disease don't even exist yet, the concept of cancer itself is something only he knows of, because he is not the real Falma

Radio therapy, chemotherapy, bone marrow transplant, blood transfusion, none of those things exist in that world, yet he is gonna bullshit his way into making him think that they are and that he just so happens to knew about them

And he is trying to lie about everything to his face, in one of the biggest displays if gaslighting, and you expect him to just eat everything up at face value and play along? Absolute nonsense
He didn't suspect anything was wrong because his brother has been actively hiding symptoms from everyone. We see the flashback where MC noticed the abnormal bruising and then the servant lies for him.

I don't know what else you're going on about as my reply was targeted on the "he's only an imperial doctor because of his hacks". If you consider knowledge gained from years of study a 'hack' alongside the magical ability to detect microbes, delete, and create microbes, then I'll just leave right now.

And, unless you've read the raws, we have no idea how he's planning to convince Palle. Idk what beef you have the medical process in this fantasy manga.

Dex-chan lover
Hot takes here, I don't think MC is the actual incarnation of the genius pharmacist. I feel like, the genius pharmacist's characteristic was divided up and given away throughout history to specific individuals. The Genius Pharmacist did reincarnate physically on that world once, very very early in the world's history. But what MC got was a compartmentalized version of G.P's skills and memories.

Okay, I think here what might happened post G.P's death in his world:
1. He got physically reincarnated wholesale in the new fantasy world. His body healed, healthy and at his prime and with some doohickeys from his world(like his ID Badge). No resetting back as a baby.
2. G.P got to work healing and healing and healing, and was regarded as a Living God of Medicine due to his unsurpassed medical knowledge and work ethics.
3. G.P realized something that when he died, this world gonna get fuck sideways with new outbreak of disease and such. Due to his innate workaholic tendencies, G.P forgot to write down what he knows. That or he realized even if he wrote down what he knows, the then population of the world have no tech base and/or knowledge base to even grasp what the hell he is trying to teach.
4. But this other world, this fantasy world have magic. G.P consult some great God Art users and devise a way to compartmentalized his skillz with a Z and punt it down to the far future. G.P died a natural death. Either he ascend to Godhood or not is unclear.
5. MC is born, grow up to the start of series, and got a brain email with G.P's skills, memory and knowledge all in a tidy little Zip file. The unzipping of the file put him into a massive fever. And woke up confusing his own memories mixed with G.P's memories.

Users who are viewing this thread