Itoko no Ko - Vol. 2 Ch. 16 - My Cousin and the Test of Courage (Part 1)

Dex-chan lover
I'm always surprised by the amount of triggered people in this series' comments section.

I should find it hilarious but then I am reminded of the real life effects opinionated idiots are having on the world and I get slightly depressed.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So many questions... like how did a religion that started out with God killing a guy for the sin of not spooging into his brother's widow, and with two daughters who (allegedly) wanted to impregnate themselves by their dad so they got him drunk, etc, end up setting so many boundaries on who's allowed to do what with who? :shamihuh:
I believe things got weird due to Puritanism. I imagine newly founded villages wouldn't grow at all after a few generations if everyone cared if they were even slightly related.

Dex-chan lover
Am I crazy or is nearly everyone they meet supportive of their Alabamian relationship?
It’s Japan. As far as I know (which doesn’t mean shit mind you), cousin relationships aren’t nearly as frowned upon. But it still varies.

Dex-chan lover
It doesn't look like it from what little we can see of his face, but I'm going to bet that he is so terrified from the test of courage that he didn't even hear the shouted realization. That doesn't feel in character for him, but it is a common trope so I shall place my bet there since they hid most of his face for the cliffhanger.

Dex-chan lover
Getting back on track, I found Ema's dialogue a little too direct, openly asking Sou if she's in love with Nozomu. I'm not sure but I would bet the original text's phrasing is far more ambiguous, especially considering the nonchalant way Sou replies at first.

Dex-chan lover
Internet never fails to reiterate the same points over and over again until the horse has decomposed. Manga is already 16 chapters in with the very premise based on cousins falling in love and people still somehow have the need to let their objections be heard as if their culture and opinion is the only correct one to inject in this fictional Japanese work. Bonus points for insulting people's religious beliefs along the way--wouldn't be the internet without that.

Dex-chan lover
Lemmie guess. It's not him. They switched off after they got separated so she could be with the guy she liked.

Dex-chan lover
fun fact: the expected rate of birth defects in the children of first cousins isn't really any higher than that for couples not as closely related.

Users who are viewing this thread