Itsudemo Jitaku Ni Kaereru Ore Wa, Isekai De Gyoushounin O Hajimemashita - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
But not everyone can use magic I guess, probably there are different classes like most fantasy worlds (with their own skills). And even then, if its cheap mages can save mana by using matches instead of casting magic; it should be better than buying mp potions. There are lots of simple things we use nowadays that would be revolutionary on a medieval fantasy setting like that, even pastic bags that weight basically nothing and if well tied will not get the goods inside wet would be an amazing find.

And then again, if they use the good old fantasy trash processing methods (AKA slimes on a hole) it should not pose any issue for the enviroment.

Aggregator gang
Matches are quite a brilliant commodity to sell in an isekai world, provided that magic is not easy as shit to use. So many uses for them, very easy to use and very compact.

Dex-chan lover
@bladestorm91 : I depends on the world, for Europe the modern match existed since the early 19th century, but many of the core components were there 8n the late 1600's.

For China, the records seems to indicate early forms dating back over a millenia.

Dex-chan lover
... I mean, I'm poking a hornet nest here... But I find the snake(?) blade-seller and the rope-seller stall quite unique...

Also... Never heard anyone go AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! for matches...

Dex-chan lover
I was making wild accusations that the guy was a lolicon because he was from japan last chapter and now thinking that the little girl would make a good wife confirms it.

Double-page supporter
@ShionSinX you think some that from a society that is so shit he cant comprehend a match and cavemans at the sight would live in a society that figured out silmes eat shit?

Dex-chan lover
@aberdeus when their world have magic its natural that some technologies would not be needed to a fairly good extend. For one, making fire with magic or some special monster material should be common so theres no need to use/create things like tha matches that MC brought. So yes, slimes to get rid of waste is common place on most fantasy settings where they exist and you would rarely see plumbing for example (usually for hot water when using magic for such thing would take too much work, like when you want a lot of hot water for lets say a bath).

And its not exactly that 'slimes eat shit'. While in some setting this happens, the usual thinking is that "slimes dissolve things insde them" (organic materials more commonly, sometimes you see slimes leave only clothes/items behind).

You need to consume more high fantasy material (or as some call, "shit isekai") to get the grasp of this kind of thing.

Double-page supporter
I will sell...
*whisper
this thing

weewooweewooweewoo

FBI OPEN UP!

Dex-chan lover
they sell lanterns but matchsticks is this shocking to them?

also ironically selling matchsticks in that kind of era was the same as selling those flowers in the same exact method hahahaha

Users who are viewing this thread