Jimoto no Ijimekko-tachi ni Shikaeshi Shiyou to Shitara, Betsu no Tatakai ga Hajimatta. - Ch. 36 - The spit battle has begun

Dex-chan lover
At first, I thought the title said "split battle" and that it was gonna be another exercise competition.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

The 2/3 already made their moves - only Shigure left.
But Fumi-tan still is the top contender. Still not sure how Kotarou will react once he discovers Sumika is Fumi-tan.

Double-page supporter
Perhaps unpopular opinion but for the first time I do NOT want "progress".
The MC being dense is different here, I love how he's too tryhard to get embarrassed, too competitive to see them as girls. I have a feeling he would treat them differently, more respectfully, if he fully realized the situation. So I want more misunderstandings leading into absurd comedy.
But well, this is coming from someone who is not rooting for any ship.

Dex-chan lover
My man suffered psychological warfare since childhood and this chat still dogs him as stupidly dense.
Merciless, I tell you.

But that whole spit thing was confusing. That sounds like a generational gap saying. Ex. "Totally Tubular" from the 80's vs "That's cool" kind of thing.

Banned
Ah, I remember this manga. The revenge plot goes insanely wrong for a young man. Like, hilariously insane wrong.

Dex-chan lover
I have consulted a bunch of people who said they knew, they all happened to be fans of Makima from Chainsaw man, and they had no problem with the spit line, in fact they kept emphasizing they wanted it in their mouth or something like that.

Hope that helps!

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, from all we've seen thus far and from the chapter title I was fully expecting there to be some dumb contest about who could spit the furthest

Dex-chan lover
TL, really appreciate you taking the time to confirm some phrases that can be hard to understand. You wanting to keep faithful to the lines and having to do that is wonderful work. Cheers

Dex-chan lover
“I have my spit on you”
Probably means something like marking your dessert or food in the fridge to save it from your siblings.

Dex-chan lover
He might be developing mentally and realizing these ladies like him, but could it spur him to realizing he loves Fumi-tan romantically?

Users who are viewing this thread