Jishou Akuyaku Reijou na Konyakusha no Kansatsu Kiroku - Vol. 3 Ch. 16

I don't know why the king was surprise regarding the engagement. Was he expecting it to fail?

Yes thanks for translating.

Oooh things are coming to a head. Can't wait for "the end" .

@eldwin

I think the king was thinking he would be ennui about it like everything but is surprised to see he’s actually interested

Dex-chan lover
How much more novel content can the manga cover? I heard the LN is only 2 volumes long, so will it be ending soon?

Fed-Kun's army
so next is the climax, huh?

and... its about gaining weight... ofc ofc, it's bertia afterall XD

never call bertia as sister or u might get punished XD

I'm a little confused by this too amazing pair of dad and son... Does that mean the dad is glad his son is finally asking for help because he felt inadequate? But he's 'that dude''s dad. Gotta have some familiar S characteristics inside.

Dex-chan lover
"WHY ARE YOU RUNNING!?"

I think it should be nearing the graduation arc already, unless they add some filler story in between that never existed in the WN then I say we are somewhat nearing the climax part already.

Dex-chan lover
Bitch antagonized the most dangerous youngsters in the kingdom and now they are going to go full keikaku on her ass.

Dex-chan lover
@skyehiro: If I'm not mistaken, in the WN
The king is aware of Cecil's...'disposition', because it's the same as the founder king (and many royals in the past)

Specifically, they're naturally a genius to the point everything is so boring.
This continue until they find an 'interest' or die.

This interest can be anything, and that particular king will become so obsessed with that thing.
Using Cecil's potential future that Bertia knew (I might remember some wrong):
If he took interest in the heroine, he marries her and become a good king.
If he get interested in researching, he become a shut-in scientist that does produce many results but pretty much ignore society.
If he get interested in war...well, he become a warmongering king who ends up uniting the continent until his rule then seek out more places to war on.
etc.

In case of the founder king, his 'interest' was his childhood friend and eventually queen, and she kept him from going too far.

This is why the dad is surprised/happy about Cecil showing his affection for Bertia, because it means she has become his 'interest' and he wouldn't live a life of boredom.
And yes, that's why nothing the heroine did is working, once the person find his 'interest' it ain't getting overwritten.
Also why Cecil react rather...strongly to the thought of losing Bertia.

Bertia has grown up nicely :')

Love how they're all annoyed by the "heroine"

I hope we'll get to understand the time of the gated maiden soon and then bertia can be happy without worry

Users who are viewing this thread