Jishou Akuyaku Reijou na Konyakusha no Kansatsu Kiroku - Vol. 4 Ch. 18

Dex-chan lover
One thing that I really dislike these otome game villainess story is that the authors always seem to forget or get wrong, is that the heroine is the one that have the disadvantage. It is always the heroine (player) who must do the right thing, make the right choice, have the right stats, at the right time, otherwise, it's game over or it'll end with nothing, not the villainess. Even in this, where the heroine is obviously going to get a bad end for doing nothing and expecting the best true end, the author wrote both the heroine and villainess based off a flipped mindset.

Heronia Inderon?

More like Heronia IN-THE-WRONG HEYOOOOOO

.... I'll see myself out now.

Dex-chan lover
Next chapter I’m expecting Bertia to side with Heronia, maybe even giving back / tossing the ring. That will make things really awkward.

Dex-chan lover
570.jpg

@IMACOP I'd wager that in the "original story" Heronia would have been at the disadvantage, fighting against a malicious Bertia. However, the "storyline" was changed drastically very early on with the removal of the plague. "Game Bertia" would have had a chip on her shoulder from that incident, and her father would have been an out and out evil person. Heronia doesn't seem to understand that this world is "alive" and that life isn't static. You can see early on that she's very stuck to the "original story" to the point that even her light spirit becomes confused during the "stuck in the classroom together" scene. She very much expects things to go the way of the original story and refuses to deviate from it, even when things have already changed. As another example from the classroom scene, she talks as if Ciel had given her a red rose, when he had blue roses and hadn't given any of them to her.

@Foxman550 Heronia clearly hasn't given up on the harem route either, since she's actively trying to break up the established couples that have formed within Ciel's inner circle.

Dex-chan lover
mooore i don't wanna wait another month... man, if only machine translation was perfect, or people could translate, redraw and etc at super speeds, we'd be able to enjoy manga as soon as we'd like. though... i guess the wait helps up appreciate these things more...

Dex-chan lover
Oh god.... For a reincarnated Heroine, Heronia is so fuckin dumb. Which part of another world is real did she failed to understand? real people dont give a shit on your cliche bullcrap.

and yes Duke,I want to deal with myself too. Heronia is way too shitty to be a heroine.

Dex-chan lover
@CrazyYanmega What I mean is such stories in general, the authors tend to mixed up the heroine's and villainess' advantages and disadvantages. By right, if both doesn't change anything, the default is Heronia (game heroine) getting a bad end (or normal end, or premature death, whatever...), but the author mixed up their roles and the story is defaulted to MC (villain but heroine of this story) getting bad end if she doesn't do anything. Heronia is weirdly dumb, since she should know what to do to get the harem route, and what will happen if she doesn't do the things she needed to do to get the route, but she simply believes the harem route is the default. The way her character can think and act like that, is because the author unintentionally and mistakenly flipped the heroine/villainess roles. To prove my point, the spirit of light. With it, if MC didn't do anything, the heroine will psycho them all and get harem route without doing anything. But since it's supposed to be based off the game, it should be that regardless of the heroine having the spirit of light or not, if she doesn't actively do the necessary stuff, she's going to get bad end.

Dex-chan lover
Bertia.exe has stopped working. This lovable little dummy.

The weird thing is, Bertia and Heronia are very much on the same page. They both think in terms of the game and the rails that come with it, and both ignore reality to absurd levels because of this tunnel vision.
The fundamental difference between them, however, is that Bertia, is at her core, a good person, while Heronia is, at her core, a selfish one. Bertia is the player that gets attached to game characters and bonds with them, while Heronia is the type to get attached to them and take ownership of them for her own indulgence. The problem is that when it comes to living in this life, the latter mentality is sociopathic.
I'm fairly confident that if Heronia's backstory involved a family member dying, she would gladly let it happen as "part of the game".

Have we see Cecil's mother before? She seems quite playful.

Users who are viewing this thread